Mountain West Discussion

Black Hole

Seems your perception of the thickness of my skin really gets under yours. And for that I apologize.

:huh:

Your perception of my perception of the thickness of your skin getting under mine is a bit off.

Thinking about updating my signature to Cool anomalies soothe the butthole

Whatcha think?

A forum for the end of the world.

:huh:

Your perception of my perception of the thickness of your skin getting under mine is a bit off.

Thinking about updating my signature to Cool anomalies soothe the butthole.

Whatcha think?

Sounds kinda gross but go for it I guess.

And I didn’t mean to upset you. Maybe shoot me a PM if you want to talk things over but for now we should probably stop clogging up this thread.

That’s right. Or look at the models after 68 hours, or eat an hour before swimming.

I really don't. Have you ever got one from me (other than a response to yours)?

68 hours is very close to 240 hours. And that's true, too. Doesn't make me a better, thicker-skinned person!

How to spice up the Mountain West forum: Send Jesse to Montana.

• Like 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Maybe I can start posting my obs here. Does NW Montana count as the mountain west?

Today is mostly cloud and in the 70s. Yesterday we got saw a pretty cool thunderstorm near Logan Pass, and there was lighting visible off to the NE here last night.

• Like 1

Maybe I can start posting my obs here. Does NW Montana count as the mountain west?

Today is mostly cloud and in the 70s. Yesterday we got saw a pretty cool thunderstorm near Logan Pass, and there was lighting visible off to the NE here last night.

How long you up there?

Cold Season 2023/24:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Now how about that Mountain West guys!! Black Hole is going to be mad at us.

So mad. 

• Like 2

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Through Sunday. We are planning another hike up in the park tomorrow.

You're going to have to head to our first park sometime. 

Cold Season 2023/24:

You're going to have to head to our first park sometime.

Yellowstone? Yeah it’s been a few years. Last time we were in the area was two summers ago when we stayed near Big Sky resort. Unfortunately that was for a friend’s wedding and we didn’t have time to make it up to the park.

Yellowstone? Yeah it’s been a few years. Last time we were in the area was two summers ago when we stayed near Big Sky resort. Unfortunately that was for a friend’s wedding and we didn’t have time to make it up to the park.

Yep! You were so close while at Big Sky! I highly reccomend going during the winter months as well. Either driving through the North gate or rent snowmobiles and go through the West gate. So beautiful and will give you a whole different perspective of the park.

http://i64.tinypic.com/23r6e5t.jpghttp://i63.tinypic.com/mjtp9f.jpg

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

This is the third crappy summer in a row here with very little rain and much above normal temperatures. No good chance of rain anytime soon and fires are kicking up every day.

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

This is the third crappy summer in a row here with very little rain and much above normal temperatures. No good chance of rain anytime soon and fires are kicking up every day.

Sounds familiar but it doesn't rain here in summer anyway  :(  Is Salt Lake City smokey like the rest of the West?

Bummer. Much improved here over the past week. No major fires and below normal temps with frequent showers.

• Like 2

Sounds familiar but it doesn't rain here in summer anyway  :(  Is Salt Lake City smokey like the rest of the West?

Oh yeah, tons of smoke, but luckily most of it is well above the surface. 

July ended up being a really pleasant month here. Average to below average temps, the airport actually ended up being nearly -2F on the month. Bozeman ended up about average with 3 days above 90 and the hottest temp being only 91F.

I ended up with a 63.9F average temp whereas Bozeman was 67.0F so quite a bit cooler even though we are only ~500' higher than town so definitely a bit of a UHI effect going on. 89F and 33F were my extremes on the month. 

Feel really fortunate with the cool'ish temps here since most of the west was above to well above average.

http://i67.tinypic.com/dcreqa.png

Cold Season 2023/24:

The below average weather looks to continue here for the rest of this week with a chance of daily thunderstorms. Hoping we can pick up some decent rainfall with some of these storms as things have really dried out here now. 

Cold Season 2023/24:

It was by far our hottest month on record.  Here is the data from the airport:

crjul.JPG

Also unusual, we were one of the warmer ares in Colorado when it comes to average high temperatures for July. We weren't as warm as Grand Junction or Lamar, but we were as warm as Pueblo and warmer than all of eastern Colorado north of that (at least for the stations I checked).

I don't know if something like that has ever happened.   In Colorado, Craig is usually known for the cold rather than the heat. 

• Like 1

My rain gauge ended up with .1" for July, but some of that was from my sprinklers on 2 days, so my actual total was .06" I think. Either way, a very dry month.

Moisture has increased the last day, but storms will likely miss my area. Mountains and favored valleys should get something though. 

It was by far our hottest month on record.  Here is the data from the airport:

attachicon.gifcrjul.JPG

Also unusual, we were one of the warmer ares in Colorado when it comes to average high temperatures for July. We weren't as warm as Grand Junction or Lamar, but we were as warm as Pueblo and warmer than all of eastern Colorado north of that (at least for the stations I checked).

I don't know if something like that has ever happened.   In Colorado, Craig is usually known for the cold rather than the heat. 

That is really remarkable for that elevation. Only 3 days below 90 over the course of the whole month?!

Cold Season 2023/24:

That is really remarkable for that elevation. Only 3 days below 90 over the course of the whole month?!

I think SLC was the same and it's unusual here, but we are quite a bit lower of course. 

I think SLC was the same and it's unusual here, but we are quite a bit lower of course. 

Yeah with Craig airport at over 6,000' and above 40N is what makes those numbers really standout.

Cold Season 2023/24:

I've had storms here the last couple of days with some 40+ mph winds being the main hazard. 

NW flow here this morning clearing out the haze/smoke from CA/OR fires that we've had the last couple of days. A bit chilly but a beautiful morning with a low of 44F. Looking like low to mid 70's through the weekend with a continued chance of storms before the heat possibly builds back in later next week.

Currently 62F.

Cold Season 2023/24:

I've had storms here the last couple of days with some 40+ mph winds being the main hazard.

NW flow here this morning clearing out the haze/smoke from CA/OR fires that we've had the last couple of days. A bit chilly but a beautiful morning with a low of 44F. Looking like low to mid 70's through the weekend with a continued chance of storms before the heat possibly builds back in later next week.

Currently 62F.

I notice you guys were in the mid-90s earlier this week.

I notice you guys were in the mid-90s earlier this week.

The airport in Belgrade topped out at 93 a couple of days ago but still only topped out at 89F here so it hasn't been too bad. Late next week could easily exceed that though.

Cold Season 2023/24:

Hot weather building in again this week, but luckily next weekend I will escape to the mountains for the meteor shower and some cooler air.

Yesterday definitely had a fall'ish feel to it. High of 70F and a low of 44F with numerous thunderstorms and heavy rain during the afternoon.

Another cool morning today with a low of 40F. Heating up this week though with temps likely topping 90+ Wednesday-Friday.

Cold Season 2023/24: