Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Worlds First 'Time Machine' Created.

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2824 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
While this is all in quantum computing, it's a remarkable step toward the real thing.
Lead researcher Dr Gordey Lesovik, of Moscow’s Laboratory of the Physics of Quantum Information, said: “We have artificially created a state that evolves in a direction opposite to that of the thermodynamic arrow of time.”

His team used a rudimentary quantum computer, which carries information on subatomic particles. He hopes their findings, in journal Scientific Reports, will help improve processing power.

https://www.thesun.c...sics-electrons/

Attached File  IMG_3611.JPG   101.72KB   0 downloads
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Den Socling

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

Den Socling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationJersey Shore, PA

This is way over my head but I was wondering how they determined that the original order was restored. It turns out that they were talking about only two or three qubits. But just a qubit being possibly a one, a zero or both is enough to knock me flat.   :rolleyes:

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
The only problem is time is just a measurement. It has no properties of itself. The only part of time that is real is now. It is always now.
A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."