Extreme Temperatures in Ben Lomond, CA - Are they for real??

erik1974

I just recently found out(via XM-ACIS) that Ben Lomond, CA reached a mind-blowing 119 degrees on 9/2/2017.  It was also 106 at San Fran(Downtown) and 110 in Santa Cruz on the previous day.  Both of these cities reached all-time record highs, but the Ben Lomond station has always seemed a little bit suspect to me.  It has also allegedly reached 112 on 10/2/2012 and 10/8/1996.  If these readings are indeed legitimate, this town would hold the highest September and October readings outside of the desert southwest!!  Absolutely amazing if true. I  still do find it hard to believe that this unassuming town(climate wise) could possibly pull off such feats.  Any thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

The previous all-time high for this station was 113 degrees on 7/15/1972.  That one certainly appears legit even though it is missing from the WRCC climate table.  There are a couple different stations there dating back to 1937 or so.  The previous station ran from 1937-65 and it appears quite a bit a cooler than the current station which runs from 1972-Present.  It could be overexposed or not.  Just trying to clarify a confusing situation... 

• Like 1