Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Rise in Stochastic Events

• Please log in to reply

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:15 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
"An aside," is a term used by the late 'Hort' of the 'Mars Rover Blog.' He was one of the best raw image processors of all time. You can find him on flicker, goggle, Hortonheardawho.

Venus is totally volcanic. Recent data is limited. A raw view of the surface basalt flows below.

Attached File  ev4f0a646b.jpg   135.22KB   0 downloads
  • jaster220, Andie and TOL_Weather like this

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 23 July 2019 - 10:37 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Venus volcano, ESA Venus Express.

Attached File  images (2).jpg   6.51KB   0 downloads
  • jaster220 and Andie like this

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Mars recent Volcanic activity is obvious.

Attached File  Elongated_cloud_on_Mars.jpg   32.64KB   0 downloads
  • jaster220 and Andie like this

Andie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:26 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
An uptick in volcanic activity was seen in the last GSM and the planet is seeing lot's of volcanic activity currently supplying plenty of ash distribution into the atmosphere.

Volcanoes Today, 24 Jul 2019
Popocatépetl volcano, Dukono, Reventador, Ubinas, Sakurajima, Sangeang Api, Sabancaya

All the above volcanos are under ash advisories and active explosive activity is reported.
Ash plumes are reported between 8000 and 20,000 ft.
Popocatepetl is affecting flights in and around Mexico City.

I want to keep earthquake reports to 5.0+ for brevity

5.8 New Zealand depth 33km
5.1 Bali Region depth 113 km
  • jaster220 likes this
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes. 2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

snow_wizard

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 16714 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

Wow!  This thread is generating a lot of interest and a lot of excellent insights.  This solar cycle stuff is fascinating to me.  Hard to believe solar activity correlates with geologic activity, but the evidence is quite overwhelming.  The effects of solar cycles on weather are a bit easier to understand, but still extremely complicated.

Right now the sun is in a very long quiet period with activity over the last 70 days being nearly non existent.  Any spots that develop have been tiny and very short lived.  The standard curves model for sunspot activity (which has been the most accurate as of late) indicates this very quiet period should last well into 2020.  Hopefully the cumulative effect of this very low cycle coupled with the last cycle also being quiet will produce some major global cooling!

• Tom, jaster220 and Andie like this

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2019-20 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 0

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 20

Lows 32 or below = 23

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 1

Highs 40 or below = 1

snow_wizard

Posted 24 July 2019 - 08:50 PM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 16714 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

The left made a mob style media push on global warming today. Now claim zero doubt. Pressing global banks, etc...

This may not fit here, but it's horrible. Breaks my heart

Let's hope the global warming freaks will be made fools of by a major cool period in the near future.

• Andie, Sparky and OKwx2k4 like this

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2019-20 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 20

Lows 32 or below = 23

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 1

Highs 40 or below = 1

Sparky

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:54 AM

Sparky

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • LocationKalona (Southeast IA.)

I believe strongly that sometime before 2025 that the New Madrid will roll. That one would destroy US shipping for a good duration.
It is a fault that you never hear of anymore. I drive over part of it at least a couple of times per year.
As for the cosmic rays/solar, there is a definite link.

Awhile ago, maybe 15 years or so, experts were forecasting a possible major quake along the New Madrid, but that never really happened. I’m guessing it will occur when no one is really expecting it.
  • Tom, jaster220 and Andie like this
(‘18 - ‘19 season snowfall total: 52”. ) Greatest season snowfall = 60.5” in 2007 - ‘08

Sparky

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:01 AM

Sparky

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Let's hope the global warming freaks will be made fools of by a major cool period in the near future.

That would be good, but I don’t want major cooling in my area of the world, especially in the winter time! Lol
(‘18 - ‘19 season snowfall total: 52”. ) Greatest season snowfall = 60.5” in 2007 - ‘08

Sparky

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

Sparky

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

The evidence is growing and becoming clear that we have dificult days ahead. We won't find the information in any general or mainstream sources. We'll have to dig. Many of the these researchers have been shunned, however, thankfully they're stubborn and they follow the facts they uncover.
They can't stop what's coming, but they can warn us to prepare. Maybe learn some more gardening. Myself, I am considering a move from the city into a larger piece of property closer to family. It's going to be a haul.
I'm no kid anymore and I know I won't be able to fend for myself and my husband alone as we grow older. Public problems and needs will multiply. This will precipitate a cascade of social problems and unrest. Best to prepare.
Whoever thought that we'd see ourselves facing something like this?
Many of you that are young will not see life as it is or was in your lifetime again.
According to a separate study, ‘Explosive volcanic eruptions triggered by cosmic rays: Volcano as a bubble chamber’ scientists ToshikazuEbisuzaki et al find that the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption may have been triggered by an increase in cosmic-rays. They examined the timing of 11 eruptive events that produced silica-rich magma from four volcanoes in Japan and found:
“Nine of the 11 events occurred during inactive phases of solar magnetic activity (solar minimum), which is well indexed by the group sunspot number. This strong association between eruption timing and the solar minimum is statistically significant to a confidence level of 96.7%. This relationship is not observed for eruptions from volcanoes with relatively silica-poor magma, such as Izu-Ohshima. It is well known that the cosmic-ray flux is negatively correlated with solar magnetic activity, as the strong magnetic field in the solar wind repels charged particles such as galactic cosmic rays that originate from outside of the solar system.”
https://principia-sc...anic-eruptions/
Like the deeper Maunder and Spörer Minimums preceding it, the Dalton brought on a period of lower-than-average global temperatures. The Oberlach Station in Germany, for example, experienced a 2C decline over 20 years, which devastated the country’s food production.
The Year Without a Summer also occurred during the Dalton Minimum, in 1816. It was caused by a combination of already low temperatures plus the aftereffects of the second largest volcanic eruption in 2000 years: Mount Tambora’s VEI 7 on April 10, 1815.
https://electroverse...e-implications/

I’ld actually be more concerned about some rogue nation blowing off a EMP (electro magnetic pulse) bomb in the upper atmosphere somewhere. You probably wouldn’t find out when it exploded, but it would be catastrophic to most of the USA if it were released over the center of our country. All electronics would be fried, therefore all planes would fall from the sky, and eventually mass starvation, etc.,etc!

This doomsday post maybe doesn’t belong in this thread.

The book ‘One Second After’ explains it in story form

Andie

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:01 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
No doubt an EMP is catastrophic to the nation, but generally we're talking about the Grand Solar Minimum here.
I take your point though. The sun is capable of dishing out some powerful shots to the planet as well with devastating affects. Either way, I hope I'm not around then.
  • Sparky likes this
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes. 2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:08 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas

Wow! This thread is generating a lot of interest and a lot of excellent insights. This solar cycle stuff is fascinating to me. Hard to believe solar activity correlates with geologic activity, but the evidence is quite overwhelming. The effects of solar cycles on weather are a bit easier to understand, but still extremely complicated.

Right now the sun is in a very long quiet period with activity over the last 70 days being nearly non existent. Any spots that develop have been tiny and very short lived. The standard curves model for sunspot activity (which has been the most accurate as of late) indicates this very quiet period should last well into 2020. Hopefully the cumulative effect of this very low cycle coupled with the last cycle also being quiet will produce some major global cooling!

Hello Snow! Missed you being more active around the place.
Yes, this is an excellent time to begin to put the big picture together. Geologic and solar are definitely "co-conspirators" here. We will see an uptick in quakes, and volcanic activity in the years ahead. The ash from some of the big ones could affect climate. And going back in history there was a massive tsunami that hit the NW coast from a Japanese earthquake. The timeline was 1700's during the later part of the Little Ice Age.
Watching this unfold is fascinating and it will affect everyone of us.
  • jaster220 likes this

Andie

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:03 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
Volcanoes Today, 25 Jul 2019: Explosive Activity Continues with Volcanic Ash Advisory. Ash plumes between 8,000-23,000 ft.
All of today's volcanos are interfering with airlines.

Karymsky volcano
Popocatépetl,
Dukano, (located between New Guinea and Borneo)
Reventador,
Ubinas,
Sabancaya

Currently, there there are 4 known bodies of our Solar System with still active volcanic activity:
Earth
Io, the moon of Jupiter
Triton, the moon of Neptune
Enceladus, the moon of Saturn.

Venus may have Activity though none has been reported.
Mars has had Activity as previously posted by Wxmidatlantic

snow_wizard

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:37 AM

snow_wizard

The Snow Wizard

• Mods
  • 16714 posts
  • LocationCovington, WA

Hello Snow! Missed you being more active around the place.
Yes, this is an excellent time to begin to put the big picture together. Geologic and solar are definitely "co-conspirators" here. We will see an uptick in quakes, and volcanic activity in the years ahead. The ash from some of the big ones could affect climate. And going back in history there was a massive tsunami that hit the NW coast from a Japanese earthquake. The timeline was 1700's during the later part of the Little Ice Age.
Watching this unfold is fascinating and it will affect everyone of us.

In the year 1700 Japan was also hit by a tsunami that was caused by a massive quake in the NW.  They think that one was around a 9.

• Andie likes this

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2019-20 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = T

Coldest Low = 20

Lows 32 or below = 23

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 1

Highs 40 or below = 1

Stacsh

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:03 AM

Stacsh

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Hottest June on record.  Climate Scientists are freaks!! I'll trust pros over amateurs with an agenda.  

Stacsh

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

Stacsh

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

The left made a mob style media push on global warming today. Now claim zero doubt. Pressing global banks, etc...

This may not fit here, but it's horrible. Breaks my heart

How about scientists made a push and the media reported it.  Most "right" people know the globe is warming.  It's not a debate.  What to do about it may be.  

• jaster220 likes this

Tom

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:31 PM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 19866 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

Hottest June on record.  Climate Scientists are freaks!! I'll trust pros over amateurs with an agenda.  

Trust the "experts? That tamper with data???  How convenient...

https://notrickszone...0-1c-and-0-05c/

• jaster220, Sparky, OKwx2k4 and 1 other like this

Andie

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:34 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
This is a significant discovery that if proven and developed, it will assist solar scientists in determining the onset of a new solar cycle in a more accurate way.

'Terminators' on the Sun trigger plasma tsunamis and the start of new solar cycles

https://phys.org/new...a-tsunamis.html

"In the next year, we should have a unique opportunity to extensively observe a terminator event as it unfolds and then to watch the launch of Sunspot Cycle 25," McIntosh said. "We believe the results, especially if the terminator arrives when predicted, could revolutionize our understanding of the solar interior and the processes that create sunspots and shape the sunspot cycle."

The paper on solar tsunamis, led by NCAR scientist Mausumi Dikpati and published in Scientific Reports, explores the possible mechanisms behind the observations. It suggests that coronal bright points are markers for the movement of the Sun's "toroidal magnetic fields," which wrap around the Sun like rubber bands stretching in the east-west direction and migrate slowly toward the equator over the same two decades.

When these toroidal magnetic fields bob to the surface, they create sunspots along with the bright points they were already producing. As they travel, they also act as magnetic dams, trapping plasma behind them. When the toroidal magnetic fields from the Sun's northern and southern hemispheres touch in the middle, their opposing charges cause their mutual annihilation, releasing the pent-up fluid behind them in a tsunami. This fluid rushes forward, collides, and then ripples backward, traveling toward the poles at a rate of about 300 meters per second.

As the solar tsunami reaches the Sun's mid-latitudes, it encounters the toroidal magnetic fields of the next cycle, which are already marching toward the equator (this progression is marked by the path of coronal bright points) but traveling deeper within the Sun's interior. The tsunami buoys those magnetic fields, lifting them toward the surface and producing the remarkable surge of bright points—and accompanying sunspot activity—that marks the beginning of the new sunspot cycle.
  • OKwx2k4 likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Awhile ago, maybe 15 years or so, experts were forecasting a possible major quake along the New Madrid, but that never really happened. I’m guessing it will occur when no one is really expecting it.

Bingo...
Awake o sleepers...

OKwx2k4

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:19 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Hottest June on record. Climate Scientists are freaks!! I'll trust pros over amateurs with an agenda.

Only 'agenda' I have had all my life is, "Love thy neighbor, as thyself".

That includes those who have and assert their amazing freedom and right to disagree with me.
  • Sparky and K%% like this

OKwx2k4

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
I apologize for the political post, Fred and many others. I'll use proper discretion in the future.
Thank you for letting us have this thread.
  • jaster220 likes this

Stormhunter87

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:10 AM

Stormhunter87

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationPapillon, NE
This that make you go hmmm NASA missed a good size astroid.
  • Andie likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:55 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

This that make you go hmmm NASA missed a good size astroid.

Wow. You've got to be kidding me? Lol. Just wow.

Stormhunter87

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:04 PM

Stormhunter87

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationPapillon, NE

Wow. You've got to be kidding me? Lol. Just wow.

Not massive but it was a city killer. Apparently they didn't see it until it brushed Earth.

OKwx2k4

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Not massive but it was a city killer. Apparently they didn't see it until it brushed Earth.

Posted on it in the polite politics thread. Crazy.

I know its NASA but they're political academic manipulators these days more so than science.

It begs the question, what the heck are they really doing besides climate scare bullcrap? It's just angering. How do you miss that!?!?
  • jaster220 and Stormhunter87 like this

Andie

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:57 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
Today's Volcanic Activity

Explosive Activity-
Reventado. -Ash Plume up to 15,000 ft
Dukono. -Ash Plume Up to 7000 ft.
Sangeang Api - Ash Plume to 8000 ft.
Tangkubanparahu - Ash Plume to 9000 ft.
Sabancaya.- Ash Plume to 27,000 ft.

Ash Advisory for-
Nevados de Chillan
Popocatepetl
Etna
Sakurajima.

Earthquakes 5.0+

Philippines. 5.7, and 5.3 and 5.0
New Zealand 5.2
Pacific Antarctic Ridge 5.1 and 5.0, (4.9 pre quake)

OKwx2k4

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:11 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Today's Volcanic Activity

Explosive Activity-
Reventado. -Ash Plume up to 15,000 ft
Dukono. -Ash Plume Up to 7000 ft.
Sangeang Api - Ash Plume to 8000 ft.
Tangkubanparahu - Ash Plume to 9000 ft.
Sabancaya.- Ash Plume to 27,000 ft.

Ash Advisory for-
Nevados de Chillan
Popocatepetl
Etna
Sakurajima.

Earthquakes 5.0+

Philippines. 5.7, and 5.3 and 5.0
New Zealand 5.2
Pacific Antarctic Ridge 5.1 and 5.0, (4.9 pre quake)

Very very active. Wow.
  • jaster220 likes this

Andie

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:05 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
SE Asia is pretty busy.
  • OKwx2k4 likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

SE Asia is pretty busy.

Yes indeed. anything over 10-12K ft on the ash, hits the stratosphere if I'm not mistaken. Sometimes as low as 8kft. Its changing right before our eyes.

OKwx2k4

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
Something I haven't seen in a long time (probably ever). I know I mentioned black stone cherries here being overloaded, but I noticed a group of full size cherry trees today that are absolutely breaking themselves to pieces with fruit. Unreal. They are bent and mangled so badly with the weight that you wouldn't identify them correctly without their fruit. Impressive. Never saw that before. I've saw peaches, apples put on really heavy but never cherry trees like these. In fact, I didn't even know they were cherry trees and I've been driving by them for the better part of the last 13 years. Incredible.
  • Tom and jaster220 like this

OKwx2k4

Posted 27 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
Spiders have started building webs like mad this week as well.

My oaks are still overloaded and getting heavier by the day.

Blackberries finally dried up and withered last week.

Walnut and persimmons all dropped fruit prematurely, unusual.
Oklahoma is famous for the persimmon lady, but if she lived in eastern Oklahoma, she'd be blind this season. Lol. What a year.

Andie

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:54 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas

I've decided to start this topic for those who are interested in discussing the vast amount of stochastic activity happening across the globe. Over the past year, we have seen several large scale volcanic eruptions both in the high latitudes and across the Tropics which spewed highly concentrated volcanic ash high into the atmosphere. The earth has awakened, earthquakes are becoming more active all around the world. I believe we are entering into a long period, perhaps years, of tremendous activity which will not only keep the earth rumbling but cause chaos for local communities or possibly larger scale events that ensue vast regions of the world into disorder.

Let's discuss....

Overnight, Australia just recorded a 6.6 magnitude earthquake...

https://www.news.com...63314d79805710d

More recently in the U.S., California experienced it's first major earthquake in over 2 decades which may have awaken the major fault lines. Some scientists believe this may even activate volcano's in the western U.S.

With 1215 viewers in 2 weeks I want to refocus this thread.
Tom and I have been talking behind the scenes and we know this thread is more than a just another thread. We know we are onto something. We both have many years of observations and reporting of either weather or earth science.
It is so important that posters stay focused on their observations or research that is responding to the Event. We welcome these. These are very early days but it is clear we're dealing with a new page in human history.

Bring your research, observations and data and add it to the pile. We aren't interested in politics or religion, just facts.
The facts will lead us to answers. That's what we're after.
This is a historic time in science and world events.
  • Tom, jaster220 and TOL_Weather like this

Tom

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:39 AM

Tom

Community Mod

• Mods
  • 19866 posts
  • LocationDes Plaines, IL

With 1215 viewers in 2 weeks I want to refocus this thread.
Tom and I have been talking behind the scenes and we know this thread is more than a just another thread. We know we are onto something. We both have many years of observations and reporting of either weather or earth science.
It is so important that posters stay focused on their observations or research that is responding to the Event. We welcome these. These are very early days but it is clear we're dealing with a new page in human history.

Bring your research, observations and data and add it to the pile. We aren't interested in politics or religion, just facts.
The facts will lead us to answers. That's what we're after.
This is a historic time in science and world events.

Well said Andie. I’d love to see this topic grow in interest throughout the entire Forum and hopefully we get the approval from the “higher ups” to do so.
  • Andie and TOL_Weather like this

Andie

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas

Oh, I agree so whole heartedly. 

Further, I would Love to see people from the outside that are reading/lurking with research or knowledge that can enhance this effort  to see the big picture to join in as a poster and share their research, news, or thoughts.

Please, if you are currently involved in research in the area...if you are working (individually or with others) to gather information that would support documenting these early signs of major climate change due to the GSM, please join and post. 

We are getting attention by folks.  We'd really like to know who and we'd like to build this body of information.

Andie

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas

Volcanos reported today

Volcanic Ash Advisory between 8,000 & 24,000 ft./Aviation Warnings

Etna-

Dukono

Reventador

Popocatéptl

Explosive Activity Reported

Sakurajima

Sangeang Api

Sabancaya

Popocatéptl

Earthquakes 5.0+

Papua New Guinea 5.2

New Zealand 5.1

Java, Indonesia 5.0, (4.8 Pre Quake)

• OKwx2k4 likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Volcanos reported today

Volcanic Ash Advisory between 8,000 & 24,000 ft./Aviation Warnings

Etna-
Dukono
Reventador
Popocatéptl

Explosive Activity Reported

Sakurajima
Sangeang Api
Sabancaya
Popocatéptl

Earthquakes 5.0+

Papua New Guinea 5.2
New Zealand 5.1
Java, Indonesia 5.0, (4.8 Pre Quake)

Those are the ones we're looking for. Punching the stratosphere. Awesome.
  • Andie likes this

Andie

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:28 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
Well, if you liked the book, you'll love the movie.
Space Weather experts gathered with NOAA and issued a report worth checking out.

April 10, 2019: If you like solar minimum, good news: It could last for years. That was one of the predictions issued last week by an international panel of experts who gathered at NOAA’s annual Space Weather Workshop to forecast the next solar cycle. If the panel is correct, already-low sunspot counts will reach a nadir sometime between July 2019 and Sept 2020, followed by a slow recovery toward a new Solar Maximum in 2023-2026.

“We expect Solar Cycle 25 will be very similar to Cycle 24: another fairly weak maximum, preceded by a long, deep minimum,” says panel co-chair Lisa Upton, a solar physicist with Space Systems Research Corp.

https://spaceweather...he-solar-cycle/

Attached Files

• jaster220 likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:41 AM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Well, if you liked the book, you'll love the movie.
Space Weather experts gathered with NOAA and issued a report worth checking out.

April 10, 2019: If you like solar minimum, good news: It could last for years. That was one of the predictions issued last week by an international panel of experts who gathered at NOAA’s annual Space Weather Workshop to forecast the next solar cycle. If the panel is correct, already-low sunspot counts will reach a nadir sometime between July 2019 and Sept 2020, followed by a slow recovery toward a new Solar Maximum in 2023-2026.

“We expect Solar Cycle 25 will be very similar to Cycle 24: another fairly weak maximum, preceded by a long, deep minimum,” says panel co-chair Lisa Upton, a solar physicist with Space Systems Research Corp.

https://spaceweather...he-solar-cycle/

Well! That's impressive. The current data would reflect that, aside from a brief spike in activity last year, we've been near or below the minimum classification for nearly 18 mos. with 2 years or better to go. Would this be a fair assessment, based on data, in your opinion?
  • weatherfan2012 likes this

Andie

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:03 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3551 posts
  • LocationTexas
I think in terms of predictions this is Phil's or Tom's territory.
I take many of the Solar scientists at their word that this next one will be lower, the sun quieter, and our planet will continue with part 2 of this Minimum.
Thing is, this may be the norm for a while if these folks are right. Cooler, wetter.

But here's a flash back to 2018 and an article on the mesosphere regarding increased water vapor.
https://nextgrandmin...the-mesosphere/

Attached File  IMG_3841.PNG   145.15KB   0 downloads

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

As we move out into the jovian system the data is less. The current solar minimum Infuence is lost. Most of the energy source is tidal. This does, however, extend the 'Goldilocks zone' on both the macro and micro levels.

The best example is Io. A small moon with the most vulcanized surface in the solar system. A continuous resurfacing with no visible craters. This gross exaggeration of tidal process extends a heat source well beyond solar boundaries.

Attached File  io03_sk12.jpg   12.77KB   0 downloads

• Andie likes this

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:24 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Ganymede is an ice moon of Jupiter. Water ice and possible microbic interaction with tidal heating is presented in this true color image. A subsurface ocean is possible, but depth is likely shallow. Recent impacts show surface water ice thickness.

Attached File  ganymedeenhanced_galileo.jpg   100.59KB   0 downloads

• Andie likes this

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:54 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Ice moon Costello shows an increase of impact craters. Solidification is most likely. Bombardment shows surface water ice.

Attached File  Callisto.jpg   12.96KB   0 downloads

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:09 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Europa surface shows few impact craters. A deep ocean is most likely. This true color image shows interaction with solar energy and microbial presentation.

Attached File  220px-Europa-moon-with-margins.jpg   13.17KB   0 downloads

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:47 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Sometimes its about music.

https://youtu.be/yG07WSu7Q9w

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

https://youtu.be/sMmTkKz60W8

• OKwx2k4 likes this

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

https://youtu.be/sMmTkKz60W8

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:53 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

https://youtu.be/MtqxY3t74To

• OKwx2k4 likes this

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

https://youtu.be/eSdItuvBxc8

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

A country' song.. Vince gil!.

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 30 July 2019 - 12:47 PM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

https://youtu.be/9vST6hVRj2A

OKwx2k4

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
Wxmidatlantic, you're one of the few other people I know that knows the value of music. Theres more truth in music than there is in most other places or in loose words of today. That last one, the Big Fitz, that whole story, when researched out is both as mysterious as it is majestic and mighty. It was such a multifaceted collision of power of nature, power and enduring heart of man, etc.... it was an event that changed the hearts of men and still does to this day. If I ever go to the lakes and I don't get to go to the museum at Whitefish Point, MI, it would break my heart.
People speak of it as almost a holy place. It changes you.
It's one that just leaves you in awe and I wasnt even alive. Those guys wanted to be the best and beat the best every single time. Even if it was themselves. Nothing more American than that.