Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Wait! Wait! Kangaroos Hopping in Australian Snow?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3781 posts
  • LocationTexas
Yup! Rare snow in New South Wales. They look like they might be enjoying it.

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.com/...3592"></iframe>

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

OKwx2k4

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4696 posts
So this would be like April for them, correct?

Adaminaby Angler

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:59 PM

Adaminaby Angler

Forum Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAnglers Reach, NSW; 1,290 m AMSL; 35° 59′ 52.08″  S

So this would be like April for them, correct?

Disgracefully wrong! August here, is the equivalent of February where you lot are located; late winter.

Furthermore, that "kangaroos hopping in snow" codswallop was taken near Crookwell, NSW (900 m AMSL; 34.5° S), which regularly sees snowfall from June to August; too, it lay prone to particularly heavy snowfalls, owing to its excellent exposure to south-westerly upwinds astride the Southern Tablelands regional. Mind you, in South-Western NSW, many towns above 700 m AMSL regularly receive snowfall, with the >1,000 m towns (such as mine [Anglers Reach]) receiving heavy dumps frequently.

The BBC has committed climatological fraud, as usual; the plonkers are downright numpties regarding Australian climate.
  • iFred and luminen like this

iFred

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:27 PM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 3918 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Disgracefully wrong! August here, is the equivalent of February where you lot are located; late winter.

Furthermore, that "kangaroos hopping in snow" codswallop was taken near Crookwell, NSW (900 m AMSL; 34.5° S), which regularly sees snowfall from June to August; too, it lay prone to particularly heavy snowfalls, owing to its excellent exposure to south-westerly upwinds astride the Southern Tablelands regional. Mind you, in South-Western NSW, many towns above 700 m AMSL regularly receive snowfall, with the >1,000 m towns (such as mine [Anglers Reach]) receiving heavy dumps frequently.

The BBC has committed climatological fraud, as usual; the plonkers are downright numpties regarding Australian climate.

Welcome to the forums! Nice to see someone from Australia offer some insight.

• Adaminaby Angler likes this

Andie

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3781 posts
  • LocationTexas
Welcome! Adaminaby Angler. I went to you Country about 25 yrs ago. Really enjoyed my stay. Wonderful people and country.
I'm so very saddened to read of the fires that are wrecking your country and animals. I'd be interested in your perspective and insights.
Welcome, we're really not so bad, and get along well despite differences of opinions in science.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:33 AM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
https://youtu.be/2nOraM3zjck

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

Wxmidatlantic

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:06 PM

Wxmidatlantic

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Simp toly red. Holding back the years

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

OKwx2k4

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4696 posts

I miscounted the months.

You folks are going through a lot of what the central US (Oklahoma/TX) experienced after our amazingly cold and snowy 2009-10 and 2010-11.

Extremes one way in one place are always balanced by another extreme. Climatologists and liars try to substitute Newton's 3rd scientific law of physics with a theory. It goes against everything these scientific consensus idiots try to sell the world.