Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Brits Intend to Kill Enemies With Environmental Kindness

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:59 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3552 posts
  • LocationTexas
Yes, let's be sure to recruit warriors with climate change sensitivity.
........you can't fix stupid.

Calling on British industry to lead the way on developing new sources of energy for the military, he added: “The challenge, and genuine commercial opportunity, is to aim high and lead the world in the development of military equipment which is not only battle-winning but also environmentally sustainable.

"That gives the British Army considerable operational benefits, such as reducing our logistical drag, and also puts the Army … on the right side of the environmental argument, especially in the eyes of that next generation of recruits that increasingly make career decisions based on a prospective employer’s environmental credentials.”

https://www.telegrap...ecruits-senior/
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes. 2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

OKwx2k4

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4494 posts

Yes, let's be sure to recruit warriors with climate change sensitivity.
........you can't fix stupid.

Calling on British industry to lead the way on developing new sources of energy for the military, he added: “The challenge, and genuine commercial opportunity, is to aim high and lead the world in the development of military equipment which is not only battle-winning but also environmentally sustainable.

"That gives the British Army considerable operational benefits, such as reducing our logistical drag, and also puts the Army … on the right side of the environmental argument, especially in the eyes of that next generation of recruits that increasingly make career decisions based on a prospective employer’s environmental credentials.”

https://www.telegrap...ecruits-senior/

Next year their G.I. (or whatever they call them) will be wearing skinny Jean's and planting trees and flowers.

I'm sorry but war is nasty. Its ruthless, violent, hardening and takes a level of chaotic strength yet, focus that simply cannot be wasted on environmental concerns. War wasn't ever meant for the environment. Sorry about their luck on that.

British special forces used to be some of the baddest muthafluffers on the planet, too. Shame.

Also, if they view the army as a prospective employer rather than a calling or a duty, they're simply and flatly wrong. Terribly wrong.

Andie

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:55 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3552 posts
  • LocationTexas
Okay, I know our climate is changing. I realize citizens and politicians alike are concerned about the change. It's highly debated in many circles but I have to stop and wonder if folks really understand how bad their argument appears sometimes.
State your position. State the facts, but really, don't look foolish when you do it.

The key to winning any debate is how you frame your position.
In Australia, they frame global warming like this.

Attached File  IMG_3917.JPG   151.67KB   0 downloads

https://www.abc.net....oria-1/11533518
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes. 2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

OKwx2k4

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4494 posts

Okay, I know our climate is changing. I realize citizens and politicians alike are concerned about the change. It's highly debated in many circles but I have to stop and wonder if folks really understand how bad their argument appears sometimes.
State your position. State the facts, but really, don't look foolish when you do it.

The key to winning any debate is how you frame your position.
In Australia, they frame global warming like this.

IMG_3917.JPG

https://www.abc.net....oria-1/11533518

Looks warm! :lol: Good grief. If global warming makes it snow, let's get those GHGs up stat!