Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

April 2014 Observations and Discussion

April Plains Midwest Nebraska Iowa Kansas South Dakota Spring Thunderstorms Snow
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

NebraskaWX

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

NebraskaWX

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

12Z GFS showing an interesting system on April 17 and 18.  Looks like a classic Colorado Low with a good amount of snow for April.  Any place else showing that?  Just happened to come across that a few minutes ago.  Probably will disappear but could be one last storm to track for the season.  I am still keeping the snow blower in the garage, but will put it back in the shed this weekend.  I only used it twice this entire season.  That is a record low amount in the 18 years I have had a snow blower.  Sad.

It's been showing up for awhile too. Still waiting for our first powerhouse CO Low this year. It'd be awesome to have some storms! GFS brings back the chance of storms again, and HPC looks good, I'd so accept this:

p168i.gif

LINCOLN NEBRASKA SNOW TOTALS:

13-14 : 0"

14-15: 0"

15-16" : 0"

16-17 : 0"

17-18 : Probably 10", so in other words, 0"

# of times it was too warm and ended up being 33 and rain during these years : 20

# of times the storm essentially turned into dust: 25

# of times the storm looked at Nebraska and was like "yeah, good joke" , then ran to Chicago: 50

CentralNebWeather

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

12Z GFS no longer showing snow, go figure.  That has been the constant theme this winter.  Get my hopes up then nothing materializes.  I have not been following weather maps as long as most on this board, but it sure seems to have been a tough winter for the models to stick with a scenario for several days.  Maybe it is just my frustration talking.

clintbeed1993

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGrand Island, NE

Well regardless of precipitation type, I think this weekend will be a great shot at some much needed moisture around here.  Saturday Night definitely has some great potential.  The instability and sheer will be ripe for Thunderstorms.

The latest GFS even gave a nice band of snow to much of Central and Eastern Nebraska.  I think Eastern Nebraska will be in the best spot for Thunderstorms.  Hopefully further west can get in on it too, because the drought is getting horrible out towards Mccook.

Wouldn't get my hopes up, after all we do live in Nebraska, but at least we finally have a more active pattern and can put this horrible winter behind us for good.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Great information clintbeed1993.  I am really hopeful for Sunday for a good dose of moisture in any form.  It is 79 degrees here with more dry wind.  I don't recall seeing this much of the region in a red flag warning before.  

Andie

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas
Would someone please turn down the wind machine ?

17mph constant and 25mph+ gusts. Mid 80's all week.
Rain coming in Sunday. Maybe it will calm down. >_<

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Andie, in Nebraska this winter and spring that is just someone breathing normally, ha ha.  Wind is only 10 MPH here in Central Nebraska right now.  I might fall over since we have been leaning into it for months.

NEJeremy

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

SPC with a slight risk tomorrow is enough to get me out chasing. Tornado chance is near zero but I love a good hail storm and maybe there will be some good sized stones somewhere tomorrow. Plus when it's been 6 months and as long of a winter as it has been, I don't need much of a reason to head out!

clintbeed1993

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

SPC with a slight risk tomorrow is enough to get me out chasing. Tornado chance is near zero but I love a good hail storm and maybe there will be some good sized stones somewhere tomorrow. Plus when it's been 6 months and as long of a winter as it has been, I don't need much of a reason to head out!

I am beyond ready for Thunderstorms after this "winter"!

clintbeed1993

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Whats up with this whole "you have exceeded allotted disk space" when I try to attach a picture.  WTF?

gabel23

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

Whats up with this whole "you have exceeded allotted disk space" when I try to attach a picture.  WTF?

I know I have tried doing that too and it says the file is too large. Even though I have cropped the picture to the point that you can hardly see it! Ever since they have moved this website I have had trouble up loading images. 

NEJeremy

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Wow, was hoping for storms to get going by 4 at the latest, but now is looking like maybe not until 6-7 pm. Hopefully will be a chance for some good lightning pics after dark....

clintbeed1993

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Wow, was hoping for storms to get going by 4 at the latest, but now is looking like maybe not until 6-7 pm. Hopefully will be a chance for some good lightning pics after dark....

Don't worry man, tomorrow night is the time to watch.  I'm looking at the forecast for tonight and I'm not seeing any chances for storms, but idk about Omaha area?  I think we should see some good storms tomorrow.

NEJeremy

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Yeah I was talking about tomorrow. I know there's no storms tonight. Hoping for storms to start with plenty of daylight left tomorrow, but I guess will still take a chance for lightning pics. It's better than nothing!

clintbeed1993

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Yeah I was talking about tomorrow. I know there's no storms tonight. Hoping for storms to start with plenty of daylight left tomorrow, but I guess will still take a chance for lightning pics. It's better than nothing!

Gotcha!  I was confused haha.  Yeah hopefully they get going with good daytime heating.  Hoping we see a nice squall line.

clintbeed1993

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Cap is holding strong so far today.  Looking like it won't break until later tonight.  Wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't break at all.  That is our luck around here.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
12z gfs rocked Nebraska with 12-18 inches of snow Thursday - Friday. Now 18z gfs has 0. How is that possible for models to flip that drastically. Oh wait, it is the Nebraska winter- spring 2014.

clintbeed1993

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

12z gfs rocked Nebraska with 12-18 inches of snow Thursday - Friday. Now 18z gfs has 0. How is that possible for models to flip that drastically. Oh wait, it is the Nebraska winter- spring 2014.

I'm getting really pissed.  We desperately need the moisture here, but it's all going to go East yet again.

gabel23

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

I'm getting really pissed.  We desperately need the moisture here, but it's all going to go East yet again.

You guys are looking good right now, storms looked like they just moved through your area. Lincoln and Omaha is looking good too. Me, I have precip to my east and west with nothing in my area! I need this line of storms to fill in or I might be SOL......

CentralNebWeather

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
Amen. Just drove home from church in a downpour. Standing water in fields, ponding in the streets. Ice pellets, sleet, hail all mixed together. Snow just west of us on radar. Parts of Phelps county over 1 inch of rain and still coming. We have been anxiously awaiting this.

NEJeremy

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

went chasing yesterday in western Iowa and was on the big hail producer near Oakland/Carson/Macedonia. I got into the worst of the northern cell of the 3 separate cells that originally formed, just west of Macedonia. Winds gusted to probably 50 mph and hail lasted nearly 30 minutes. Most of it was dime to quarter sized but had some half dollar sized too. Drove west out of the storm for a bit only to have the back end redevelop and the reflectivity scans max out on the radar(GRLevel3). At this point the hail grew to half dollar to ping pong with some golf ball sized. Put some dents in the car :P It was pretty cool to see the big stones splashing down in the fields that now had standing water in them! One of the better hail storms I've been in in quite a while.

clintbeed1993

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Good to see the moisture did arrive after all!  Good soaking today!

NEJeremy

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

had a nice little storm move through about 30 mins ago. winds gusted 45-50 mph, had torrential rain and copious amounts of pea sized hail. still have some piles on the deck and lawn furniture and up against the edges of the deck. Up to 1.3" of rain now here at my place!

gabel23

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE
Possible thunder snow today, wwa has moved into the grand island area.

http://www.spc.noaa..../md/md0335.html

NebraskaWX

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

NebraskaWX

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Possible thunder snow today, wwa has moved into the grand island area.

http://www.spc.noaa..../md/md0335.html

Very dynamic system! CentralNebWeather, you guys out in Holdrege looked like you got hit really hard throughout the day, can definitely imagine the snowfall rates out there are pretty wild. We're getting rocked here in Lincoln for the second time today, definitely going to clock in 1"-2" precipitation from this. I'd love to see some thundersnow too! 

# of times it was too warm and ended up being 33 and rain during these years : 20

# of times the storm looked at Nebraska and was like "yeah, good joke" , then ran to Chicago: 50

gabel23

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE
I received .30" of rain, currently seeing heavy sleet at the moment. Hoping it turns to snow!!

gabel23

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE
Sleet/snow mix now, I'm hoping that band out to my west holds together.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Holdrege and Phelps county getting rocked. Blizzard conditions the last 4 hours. Drove home to holdrege from north of funk, 8 miles took over 40 minutes. Some places 0 visibility. Saw about 10 cars in the ditches between funk and holdrege. I would say close to 6 inches but hard to measure. Drifting is also a problem. Warming station set up at city auditorium. Worst storm around here in several years. Still cant believe we are only in winter weather advisory. One of the toughest drives I have had to make in years. I think highway 6 should be closed, imo.

clintbeed1993

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Holdrege and Phelps county getting rocked. Blizzard conditions the last 4 hours. Drove home to holdrege from north of funk, 8 miles took over 40 minutes. Some places 0 visibility. Saw about 10 cars in the ditches between funk and holdrege. I would say close to 6 inches but hard to measure. Drifting is also a problem. Warming station set up at city auditorium. Worst storm around here in several years. Still cant believe we are only in winter weather advisory. One of the toughest drives I have had to make in years. I think highway 6 should be closed, imo.

6 inches?  Jesus.  Didn't get nearly that much in the Tri Cities.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
Some is now melting. Some side streets in town had drifts that were taller. I measured a couple of places in my yard with 6 inches but just 2-3 in other parts. I was amazed at the blowing and drifting with this wet snow. Buddy on police department thinks official measurement will be 4-5 when all is said and done.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE
Snow pictures.Attached File  20140413_190906.jpg   64.13KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

• NEJeremy likes this

gabel23

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

Still cant believe we are only in winter weather advisory. One of the toughest drives I have had to make in years. I think highway 6 should be closed, imo.

I wasn't in a WWA until it was too late. Conditions went from rain/sleet/heavy sleet/to pasting snow in a matter of 30 minutes. There is an unconfirmed report of 15 car wrecks around the area with one that I witnessed on the way back home tonight from Rising City; which is about 7 miles to my East. The WWA was issued around 4:30 and I left at 2 and conditions were horrid at that time. I will gladly take the precip, should end up with over an 1" of liquid precip including 3" of snow! 

Attached Files

Andie

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1513 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas

Andie, in Nebraska this winter and spring that is just someone breathing normally, ha ha.  Wind is only 10 MPH here in Central Nebraska right now.  I might fall over since we have been leaning into it for months.

I hear ya. I've noticed how our weather generally, has changed. Most extreme weather seems to have shifted forming a new tornado alley. To my eye it's further north and east. Texas has dodged the bullet the last few years while Oklahoma has been getting it.
Texas has however been very windy. Maybe it's just my perception but its been different here. Meantime, our drought persists.
We just aren't getting enough rain to have runoff, so lakes are low.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Still lots of snow around here.  Thought it would melt quicker than it is.  There are even large piles of snow that were moved off of streets and lots making it look like Dec.  Melted down moisture between rain and snow in Holdrege was 1.98 inches,  Most of any location on the NWS Hastings site.  NWS Hastings also had a really cool loop of the storm yesterday. We are feeling really blessed here right now and hoping for more on Thursday after this horribly dry winter.

clintbeed1993

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Still lots of snow around here.  Thought it would melt quicker than it is.  There are even large piles of snow that were moved off of streets and lots making it look like Dec.  Melted down moisture between rain and snow in Holdrege was 1.98 inches,  Most of any location on the NWS Hastings site.  NWS Hastings also had a really cool loop of the storm yesterday. We are feeling really blessed here right now and hoping for more on Thursday after this horribly dry winter.

It was great to finally get some moisture!  You guys sure did get hammered!  It would be nice to get some more Thursday, latest GFS totally lost the system though.  Keeps it all down in Kansas.  We shall see I guess.

NebraskaWX

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

NebraskaWX

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Officially got 2.3" in Lincoln. Just awesome, especially given we were only supposed to get an inch or less!! Those thunderstorms really helped us out here, and we got lucky as we got bullseyed by two of them. Hopefully Thursday can provide some more relief to this incredible dry spell we have had. Would love another t-storm event, but the snow really helped green up the grass I feel like. It's crazy how much more spring-like it looks like around here just because of this storm yesterday.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Sounds like most of the state got something.  As always there are places that received little or nothing but Nebraska is a large state, I know, I sometimes forget it myself until you drive I-80 from Kimball to Omaha.

FarmerRick

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

FarmerRick

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationJust NW of Omaha

I only received about .60"   :(

CentralNebWeather

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

I heard there were places that didn't do as well.  I just hope the south wind doesn't starting working to eliminate this moisture we just received.  12Z GFS has disappeared with the Thursday storm.  Just a few days back it had 12-18 inches of snow.  Hard to take some of the models seriously when their errors are that egregious. 

gabel23

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

It's looking like things get real active starting next week. 6z GFS had a nice looking trough swinging thru in the middle of next week. Looks like we could see a couple days of severe weather starting early next week. Here is a look at the vort max 500 mb run from the 12z GFS, not as impressive but it's good to see consistency. 

Attached Files

gabel23

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

Hastings disco mentions this is a time frame to watch also..

CONFIDENCE IS PRETTY HIGH THAT A LARGE-
SCALE WESTERN CONUS TROUGH WILL SET UP IN SOME WAY/SHAPE/FORM BY
MID-WEEK...PUTTING THE CENTRAL PLAINS IN WARM AND POTENTIALLY
WINDY SOUTHERLY FLOW OUT AHEAD OF IT. ALTHOUGH WAY TOO EARLY TO
SAY WHETHER THE LOCAL AREA SEES A LEGITIMATE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM
THREAT WITH THIS SYSTEM...THE CALENDAR SUGGESTS PARTS OF THE
CENTRAL CONUS WILL HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS ONE.

NEJeremy

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

I'm really getting pretty excited. The models have been real consistent and things are looking pretty darn good. Right now looking at Wednesday from central Nebraska down into Kansas. Hodos look amazing!! Things seem to come out slower, but I am hoping Wednesday will be the day as I have other commitments on Thursday and can't go out.

gabel23

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

I'm really getting pretty excited. The models have been real consistent and things are looking pretty darn good. Right now looking at Wednesday from central Nebraska down into Kansas. Hodos look amazing!! Things seem to come out slower, but I am hoping Wednesday will be the day as I have other commitments on Thursday and can't go out.

Yeah I didn't post the Hodos but Henry Marguisity posted them in his video today; they are really high!! Long ways to go but it looks like next week could be a very busy one. 

CentralNebWeather

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Hope for some good moisture chances Saturday night into Easter Sunday.  Then we can watch intently the storm coming out mid part of next week.  Can't believe how green things are around here with last Sundays rain and snow storm.  We are building a new elementary school in Holdrege and just last week they had water trucks spraying down the dirt due to the blowing dust.  Yesterday when I drove by there was a significant amount of standing water.  Go figure.

clintbeed1993

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Finally getting the active pattern we were missing all winter.  Too bad we couldn't get one of these large bad boys to come through and give us a blizzard.  I'll take severe weather now!  Nothing like the rush of chasing down a super-cell with possible Tornado!

NEJeremy

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Things are looking a lot less impressive for next Wednesday and Thursday now. Moisture has backed off and the system is holding back more on Wednesday and Thursday it ejects through really quickly. We might get something late on Wednesday in central Nebraska but the front should blow through early on Thursday with no chance of severe weather :angry:

gabel23

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

gabel23

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • LocationShelby, NE

Things are looking a lot less impressive for next Wednesday and Thursday now. Moisture has backed off and the system is holding back more on Wednesday and Thursday it ejects through really quickly. We might get something late on Wednesday in central Nebraska but the front should blow through early on Thursday with no chance of severe weather :angry:

Too early for predictions, will change at least two more times till then. Lot more forecasting to go until next week.

FarmerRick

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

FarmerRick

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationJust NW of Omaha

Well, the "big rains" predicted for Easter weekend didn't happen, once again.  

Only got a few very light showers last night and this morning, less than 0.10" I would guess(didn't check the rain gauge before I left for work this am).

NEJeremy

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

NEJeremy

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Moisture return still a big problem with the next system on Wednesday. Looking like 'nil tornado chances with high based storms bring hail and wind threat.

clintbeed1993

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

clintbeed1993

Forum Contributor

• Mods
  • 582 posts

Moisture return still a big problem with the next system on Wednesday. Looking like 'nil tornado chances with high based storms bring hail and wind threat.

I was extremely disappointed with the weekend system.  If that is any indication of how this week's system will go, I won't be getting too excited.  Models were spitting out insane numbers, most places only got less than a quarter inch.

CentralNebWeather

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

CentralNebWeather

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationHoldrege, NE

Holdrege had a whopping .29 inches of rain this morning.  That was all for a weekend where forecasters were predicting 90% for Sat-Sun.  How do they miss this badly?  I know of churches that changed their sunrise services based on the rainy and stormy forecast.  Only profession where you can miss and you blame mother nature.  Many people were counting on this forecast and NWS Hastings missed again.  (that is many misses this winter and spring.  Including last Sunday's blizzard conditions that they were very late to the party forecasting.  They were still not forecasting it when it was happening).  I know many on this board that would be correct more often than these supposed trained professionals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: April, Plains, Midwest, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, Spring, Thunderstorms, Snow