October 2019 Weather Discussion for the PNW

Subtle md has commenced.

You are so desperate. I don't care enough until maybe next April. The warm season is all that matters.

And you make no sense... its been dry overall and there is lots of beautiful weather ahead. Way better than my very low expectations once we get past the middle of October. This is the time of year for trips to warm, sunny places. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You are so desperate. I don't care enough until maybe next April. The warm season is all that matters.

And you make no sense... its been dry overall and there is lots of beautiful weather ahead. Way better than my very low expectations once we get past the middle of October. This is the time of year for long trips to warm, sunny places. :)

Desperate for what? I don't feel the need to escape our weather at all, as you say it is what it is, unfortunately most of us can see your bipolar posting for what it actually is.
  • Like 1

It’s a good thing we’re finally getting these preference issues ironed out.

There is a difference between Tim and Jesse, though. Jesse doesn't like heat at all, but has a greater capacity for enjoying sunshine than Tim has for enjoying rain. And Tim likes cold weather sometimes.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

You cheer endlessly for rainy patterns to not happen.

Right... our cheering tendencies are about equal.

Always cheering for cold and/or wet. Literally always.

Or always cheering for warm and dry... except for Nov-Jan. And there are times when I cheer for rain in the warm season to keep it green. As long as it does not stick around too long.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

There is a difference between Tim and Jesse, though. Jesse doesn't like heat at all, but has a greater capacity for enjoying sunshine than Tim has for enjoying rain. And Tim likes cold weather sometimes.

So complex!

And nobody gives a sh*t!

Desperate for what? I don't feel the need to escape our weather at all, as you say it is what it is, unfortunately most of us can see your bipolar posting for what it actually is.

Desperate to prove you are a tough guy!

Desperate to prove you are a tough guy!

Lol, you are something else Tim.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 16
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 3/30, 3/31, 4/2, 4/3, 4/8, 

Severe storms: 2

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

BREAKING NEWS FROM CENTRAL COLORADO!!!

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Windstorms?  :wub:

• Like 3

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Windstorms?  :wub:

You and I are by ourselves. Everybody else is high on that white powdery substance. 

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

Tim (and you) still seem to think they're two peas in polar opposite pods...

That is true.

But sunshine is not the issue. Its always cheering for cold and/or wet vs. always cheering for warm and dry. With a 3-month exception each year for me.

Tim (and you) still seem to think they're two peas in polar opposite pods...

That’s Tim’s delusional contention.

Mine has always been the fact they’re simply the closest doppelgängers in the house. Both are easiest the most likely to lash out at those who choose not to fly right preference-wise.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

That’s Tim’s delusional contention.

Mine has always been the fact they’re simply the closest doppelgängers in the house. Both are easiest the most likely to lash out at those who choose not to fly right preference-wise.

Ah, fair enough.

See, we made some progress here today.  B)

That is true.

But sunshine is not the issue. Its always cheering for cold and/or wet vs. always cheering for warm and dry. With a 3-month exception each year for me.

Pineapple Expresses then would be the worst possible outcome for your combined preferences. Explains why so many on here cheer for them.

Ah, fair enough.

See, we made some progress here today.  B)

I would say I am a little more flexible in my preferences though since I flip to cheering for cold (and even snow) for 3 months each year.    Jesse literally sticks to the cold and/or wet mantra all year long. 

Count me in the windstorm and pineapple express team!

And let's have one that fills up the whole radar image 12 hours straight next time?  :wub:

• Like 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

I would say I am a little more flexible in my preferences though since I flip to cheering for cold (and even snow) for 3 months each year.    Jesse literally sticks to the cold and/or wet mantra all year long. 

His preferences have an and/or, though. So maybe he's actually more flexible?

You and I are by ourselves. Everybody else is high on that white powdery substance.

I like all weather...even rain! Wind and snow being favorites. 41 degree drizzle day after day...I worked in that all too often for about 20yrs. Not my cup of tea, though it didn’t bother me when I was in my 20’s. Now I like to be comfortable.

.28” on the day so far. Currently 51 and cloudy.

• Like 3

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Pineapple Expresses then would be the worst possible outcome for your combined preferences. Explains why so many on here cheer for them.

Not necessarily.   I also prefer focused heavy rain events as opposed to constant light rain for weeks on end.    I like getting to normal rainfall as quickly and efficiently as possible.   

His preferences have an and/or, though. So maybe he's actually more flexible?

But I also don't mind cold and dry.    In fact... sometimes that is downright beautiful.   We just had some colder than normal days that were absolutely gorgeous.    So complex!  

Sounds good to me!

What's your all time favorite pineapple express event?

I know you weren’t talking to me, but I’ll chip in anyways— my favorite was December 7-10, 2015. I think my area got at least six inches of rain in that time period, and it’s the only time I’ve ever been woken up by the weather.

Wasn’t alive, but I’m sure February 1996 and November 1996 were cool events too.

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

$10,000 yard!! Give it water please!!

I was watering earlier today... never enough water.

And we spent $500,000 on the yard... and the annual maintenance budget is $100,000.      We have a team of people working day and night.  

Sounds good to me!

What's your all time favorite pineapple express event?

Dec 2007 Gale event was one in particular that sticks out in my memory banks. There was one day at school I swear it was 63 degrees with moderate/heavy rain coming down in Beaverton.

And after coming here in K-Falls ones like in October 2016 stick out in the Basin. I remember on the mornings of Oct 26th-27th at 6-7am I had my window wide open, listening to the buckets of rain falling. Also one in November (can't recall the date) as well that was definitely not a cold rain for my area. The air that filled my house that Fall was great. 

I don't mind diverse winters either ('16-'17 pleased just about everybody). Even though most snows are like "meh" in this area, I did enjoy the Jan 3-4 2017 event as it was unfolding. Seeing the snow outside pile up and bury town in the early morning while having red wine was pretty fun! 

Come Turkey Day (for us, "Ham Day" lol) I actually wouldn't mind a snow blast like Nov 2010. Until then, let there be rain.  :P

• Like 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"