2020 - 2021 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

Nice weather and sunshine helps to make the current situation less stressful. However, it even felt nice to great outside in the drizzle the other day, rather than being stuck at home all day, and I kept my distance away from other people.

And when have I ever complained about sunny weather here?

It has been nice to see some much-needed snow in the Sierra, though! I am hoping that we get some more late season storms in April before the dry season sets in for the summer.

• Like 1

It has been nice to see some much-needed snow in the Sierra, though! I am hoping that we get some more late season storms in April before the dry season sets in for the summer.

That would be good news for waterfall viewing when we visit Yosemite in June.

• Like 1

I haven't had any rain here in Orange today. As a matter of fact it was pretty sunny with some clouds overhead, but most of the clouds were to the south and east of here. I imagine that the shower activity was more likely over the mountains and possibly San Diego County, but not much in coastal areas here in Orange County.

Next week looks like a good opportunity to get some outdoor projects done, such as gardening or other types of yard work. I do believe we will get a couple of more storms before the season ends, even in Socal. It was surely nice having a March as wet as this March has been, as it has been a long time Socal has had a truly wet March.

• Like 2

Do you like it because it's nice to take a walk in, or because it makes you feel like you're missing less when staying at home?

It's nice to walk in. But I've noticed a sudden massive surge in people walking around in the city (people who were probably either in school or employed until very recently), so I've relocated most of my walks to the far outskirts and countryside where there are far less people.

MapMyWalk was fixed as I turned off the auto-pause. It had the right time and distance again.

The Serrano Creek Park is about 0.25 miles from my house. It's in the eucalyptus forest area of Lake Forest, but there's lots of kids on bikes now that never used to be there, and they like to zoom around on the most narrow path near the creek. So I have to stay away from them because other than spreading germs, they could also crash into me. There's a dirt path next to the creek, some wider dirt paths further from the creek, and lots of sidewalk paths as well. Nice place to have so close to my house.

It definitely felt like more like spring today here in Orange than it has in quite some time. It is nice to have a few days of warmer weather after a colder stormier period like we have had as of late. I do hope we get a couple of more stormy periods before the dry season sets in, and that may happen late in the weekend or early next week.

I saw a number of people out walking this afternoon enjoying the warmer weather, and they were keeping their distance pretty much as they should be in this case.