Part II- January 2020 Obs and Discussion

snow_wizard

Has anyone really checked themselves and noticed how stupid it is to get upset when Tim shows a warm map or one you don't like?? It used to make me mad until this last time he was banned and i then realized how fuckkin stupid it was. He has bad timing sometimes but whatever if you don't like the map then pass on by!!! Jesus..

• Like 5

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Not sure why you’re trying to argue with me. My initial comment was just based on what I said about you posting EPS maps showing warmth when you returned from your timeout.

It's not really warm or dry. It is what it is. Just information.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Well my junipers are still under a blanket! My goal is an additional 2” by morning, can I get there...looking forward to the 18z Euro at 4pm. (As long as someone posts it)

81306F54-9FDE-49FD-8EB8-8DC496F83C99.jpeg

EDF6ECE1-CE9A-482B-9F8D-5D98EF6CA672.jpeg

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Here’s a brutal truth: Portland averages only about 4" of snow per season. Seattle averages about twice that (7") and Vancouver about twice what Seattle gets (15"). So if it seems like Portland often gets skunked on snow events, that’s because it does. If you really can’t stand it, and want to see more snow, consider moving someplace snowier (applies wherever you live).

And unfortunately, the only place my wife probably ever even consider moving to would be Boise, where my parents are. And Boise really doesn't get much in the way of snowfall. 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Well my junipers are still under a blanket! My goal is an additional 2” by morning, can I get there...looking forward to the 18z Euro at 4pm. (As long as someone posts it)

Doggos still look happy. 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Warming up here too... sun is doing its thing.

20200116-123909.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

My rain gauge keeps going up so I looked out there and sure enough there is still snow melting on it. Up to .41” on this dry day!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

43F and cloudy.  Was nice to have 3 straight days with a negative temp departure.  Got down to 37F overnight so it's gonna be close today.

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

NWS Seattle says nothing about the north sound cz snow for tonight. They just mention the south sound seeing some mixed showers.

NWS Seattle says nothing about the north sound cz snow for tonight. They just mention the south sound seeing some mixed showers.

That is good news for you... means it's more likely. ;)

So the warm up last night never made into the Snoqualmie Valley.   And then western edge of that moisture band clipped us and dumped another 2 inches of snow in the last couple hours.  Schools were going to be open... then 2 hours late... now closed.   

I was down in North Bend at 6 a.m. to get milk and it was dumping snow even down there and the roads were still completely snow covered in town from the previous events and getting worse at that time.   And there are huge snowbanks everywhere.   We are doing our best Skykomish impression out here.   I assume tomorrow morning will be the same.   Then it will finally start to melt.

Here is a live view of NB... there must be at least a foot of snow on the ground right now in the valley.   Its not much different than up here.  

nb-1-16.png

Finally up to 40 in North Bend... first time since Sunday.

nb-1-16-2.png

Has anyone really checked themselves and noticed how stupid it is to get upset when Tim shows a warm map or one you don't like?? It used to make me mad until this last time he was banned and i then realized how fuckkin stupid it was. He has bad timing sometimes but whatever if you don't like the map then pass on by!!! Jesus..

I really missed the EPS, although I rarely need to know what the weather will be doing two weeks from any given moment. It’s by far the best we have for giving a rough estimate of things at that range and has proven this time and time again.

It comes down to weak stomachs and Tim’s track record. It really isn’t that hard to just look at the map and move on though.

• Like 4

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

The heavy outflow wind shut off quite abruptly around midnight last night, and temps have shot up close to 15 degrees since then. Now at 30F, the warmest it's been since Sunday afternoon, after failing to exceed 20F for the past 3+ days. The warm-up came quick.

Snowing quite heavily in Lynden right now.

The heavy outflow wind shut off quite abruptly around midnight last night, and temps have shot up close to 15 degrees since then. Now at 30F, the warmest it's been since Sunday afternoon, after failing to exceed 20F for the past 3+ days. The warm-up came quick.

Snowing quite heavily in Lynden right now.

It's made its way down to Bellingham now, didn't expect this.

Do they ban people from posting warm maps? ( I'm an infrequent map poster/lurker)