Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Global Warming

climate change solar co2 agw ice age

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:03 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
Many politicians want to blame the massive fires on Climate Change or Global Warming. I think the problem is likely a good deal closer to home. Forests have been woefully neglected, particularly in light of population growth. Proper forest management has not been practiced.
Oregon and Washington face similar situations, as does Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada and Colorado.

https://freebeacon.c...3e35b2-45573117

The California state agency charged with overseeing utility companies took nine years to develop a consistent statewide map designating areas at high risk for destructive power-line fires.

Seven of those years took place during outgoing Gov. Jerry Brown's time in office and six were during the tenure of a president of a key state agency who resigned after a series of leadership scandals.
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
The Greatest Two-Year Global Cooling Event Just Took Place

Would it surprise you to learn the greatest global two-year cooling event of the last century just occurred? From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C. You have to go back to 1982-84 for the next biggest two-year drop, 0.47°C—also during the global warming era. All the data in this essay come from GISTEMP Team, 2018: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP). NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (dataset accessed 2018-04-11 at https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/).This is the standard source used in most journalistic reporting of global average temperatures.

https://www.realclea...ace_103243.html
  • iFred likes this
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

weatherfan2012

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

The Greatest Two-Year Global Cooling Event Just Took Place
Would it surprise you to learn the greatest global two-year cooling event of the last century just occurred? From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C. You have to go back to 1982-84 for the next biggest two-year drop, 0.47°C—also during the global warming era. All the data in this essay come from GISTEMP Team, 2018: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP). NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (dataset accessed 2018-04-11 at https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/).This is the standard source used in most journalistic reporting of global average temperatures.
https://www.realclea...ace_103243.html

Robert Filex also posted this as well.Robert also posted the trump Artical a few days ago.

Andie

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
"Bias? We don't have no stinkin' bias!!"
The objectivity and professional stature of the media is a beacon of inspiration to us all........not.

January 1, 2019
Chuck Todd - Meet The Press

“We’re not going to give time to climate deniers: The science is settled,” asserted NBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press.”

Meet the Press covered the “climate crisis” for a full hour on Sunday morning, with NBC News anchor Chuck Todd hosting a series of so-called experts and advocates — including Michael Bloomberg, NASA climate scientist Kate Marvel and California Governor Jerry Brown.

“A Happy New Year’s weekend,” Todd begins. We’re going to talk about climate change this hour. What we’re not going to do, “we’re not going to debate climate change, (or) the existence of it. The earth is getting hotter, and human activity is a major cause. Period. We’re not going to give time to climate deniers: The science is settled.”

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

TOL_Weather

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

TOL_Weather

Opinions don't care about your feelings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4994 posts
  • LocationHolland, OH
Science is never settled. Sad that even some scientists refuse to acknowledge that in this case.
  • weatherfan2012 and Andie like this

2019 Severe Weather Season Statistics for my apartment:

Tornado Watches: 0 (Last: 6/11/2018)

Tornado Warnings: 2 (Last: 5/5/2019)

Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 7 (Last: 6/25/2019)

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings: 6 (Last: 6/21/2019)

SPC Day 1 High Risks: 0 (Last: 6/5/2008)

SPC Day 1 Moderate Risks: 0 (Last: 6/1/2018)

SPC Day 1 Enhanced Risks: 1 (Last: 4/10/2019)

SPC Day 1 Slight Risks: 6 (Last: 6/21/2019)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6"), 11/25 (3.6"), 12/1-2 (3.0"), 12/28 (2.4"), 1/11-12 (4.9"), 1/22 (3.9"), 2/6-7 (2.2"), 2/15 (2.6"), 2/16-17 (4.2"), 2/19-20 (5.1"), 2/23 (8.0"), 3/2 (2.0"), 3/6-7 (4.3")

Total Snowfall for 2018-2019 @ KLNK: 55.5"             Coldest Low: -9*F (1/30, 3/4)

First flake of the season: 10/14/2018 @ 7:01 AM CDT                Last flake of the season (so far): 4/11/2019 @ 9:44 PM CDT

weatherfan2012

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Science is never settled. Sad that even some scientists refuse to acknowledge that in this case.

it's called the Science is settled scam 

OKwx2k4

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
If it is settled science, fire them all and quit paying them to research something they already know everything about. Isn't that what settled science is? Scientific law proven from clear, concise and written theory? We don't waste BILLIONS studying gravity and writing news articles about it to scare,...ahem, sorry, "inform" people about. It IS proven.

Climate science won't be settled in the US in my lifetime. Maybe somewhere in Europe or China but not here. Global warming is not fact and never will be.
  • Andie likes this

Andie

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
These clowns have to make a living somehow.
Practicing hard science isn't glamorous and often doesn't pay well. So, they have to drum up something to fund their existence.
I agree. It won't be settled because it's an evolving situation, however, I do believe the trend toward a cooler climate will be inescapable during our lifetimes and will likely affect our economy and lives.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts

I know we don"t do political on this forum, so I'm going to stick with science here.

How the heck do we elect people with NO science and then they take on issues such as this say the quote below??

The science is against all the law makers, but they refuse to be informed.

How to we inform them??

That's the question.

The world is going to end in 12 years unless the government takes action, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Monday at a Martin Luther King forum in New York City. 

Here’s an excerpt from her interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates:

“And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.

https://news.grabien...d-12-years-if-w

• weatherfan2012 likes this

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

weatherfan2012

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

I know we don"t do political on this forum, so I'm going to stick with science here.

How the heck do we elect people with NO science and then they take on issues such as this say the quote below??
How to we inform them??
That's the question.

The world is going to end in 12 years unless the government takes action, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Monday at a Martin Luther King forum in New York City. 

“And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.

you just can't make this stuff up what it says those is stupidly can not be fix
  • Andie likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts
Folks consider her a political prodigy. You can make this stuff up. World war 2 vs climate variance? Hmmmm....

I agree with the thought that there are those of us who need to keep in mind what Andie has said.

Noticable climate shift in our lifetimes is more likely than any point in modern history, in my opinion. The effects of which would be things like drought, cool/short summers, and early or late frosts (both). There's more than enough raw (unmanipulated) data to look at which would agree. The post 1992 and 1995 adjustments to raw data need to be challenged openly, publicly, and recertified by independent scientific process with no emphasis based on type of results, just that the results be irrefutable. If that were possible and if the science were truly settled, IT WOULD NOT CHANGE.

AOC is pure evil and a groomed trophy to use as democratic bait for the emo kiddies. Nothing more.
  • TOL_Weather likes this

TOL_Weather

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

TOL_Weather

Opinions don't care about your feelings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4994 posts
  • LocationHolland, OH

Folks consider her a political prodigy. You can make this stuff up. World war 2 vs climate variance? Hmmmm....

I agree with the thought that there are those of us who need to keep in mind what Andie has said.

Noticable climate shift in our lifetimes is more likely than any point in modern history, in my opinion. The effects of which would be things like drought, cool/short summers, and early or late frosts (both). There's more than enough raw (unmanipulated) data to look at which would agree. The post 1992 and 1995 adjustments to raw data need to be challenged openly, publicly, and recertified by independent scientific process with no emphasis based on type of results, just that the results be irrefutable. If that were possible and if the science were truly settled, IT WOULD NOT CHANGE.

AOC is pure evil and a groomed trophy to use as democratic bait for the emo kiddies. Nothing more.

I like this

2019 Severe Weather Season Statistics for my apartment:

Tornado Watches: 0 (Last: 6/11/2018)

Tornado Warnings: 2 (Last: 5/5/2019)

Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 7 (Last: 6/25/2019)

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings: 6 (Last: 6/21/2019)

SPC Day 1 High Risks: 0 (Last: 6/5/2008)

SPC Day 1 Moderate Risks: 0 (Last: 6/1/2018)

SPC Day 1 Enhanced Risks: 1 (Last: 4/10/2019)

SPC Day 1 Slight Risks: 6 (Last: 6/21/2019)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6"), 11/25 (3.6"), 12/1-2 (3.0"), 12/28 (2.4"), 1/11-12 (4.9"), 1/22 (3.9"), 2/6-7 (2.2"), 2/15 (2.6"), 2/16-17 (4.2"), 2/19-20 (5.1"), 2/23 (8.0"), 3/2 (2.0"), 3/6-7 (4.3")

Total Snowfall for 2018-2019 @ KLNK: 55.5"             Coldest Low: -9*F (1/30, 3/4)

First flake of the season: 10/14/2018 @ 7:01 AM CDT                Last flake of the season (so far): 4/11/2019 @ 9:44 PM CDT

weatherfan2012

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
Interesting Articles posted from Robert Filex https://www.iceageno...glacial-period/and https://www.iceageno...n-in-the-2050s/

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3767 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, CA

How to we inform them??
That's the question.

She got her numbers wrong. It should be World War 3.

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3767 posts

If the computer models can't perfectly predict the weather for one week in the future, how can they expect to predict the climate 10 years from now? 

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:31 AM

Mr Marine Layer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3767 posts
MediaBiasFactCheck says Ice Age Now is pseudoscience/conspiracy. Although they are supposed to rate media sources from left to right, they seem to be very left-biased themselves.

There is definitely some climate change, but I don't think it's quite as severe as the media wants us to believe. They just like to scare everyone: Y2K, bird flu and swine flu epidemics. What else did I miss?

AOC needs to learn the story of "The boy who cried wolf".
  • Andie and TOL_Weather like this

weatherfan2012

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

MediaBiasFactCheck says Ice Age Now is pseudoscience/conspiracy. Although they are supposed to rate media sources from left to right, they seem to be very left-biased themselves.

There is definitely some climate change, but I don't think it's quite as severe as the media wants us to believe. They just like to scare everyone: Y2K, bird flu and swine flu epidemics. What else did I miss?

AOC needs to learn the story of "The boy who cried wolf".

I doubt Robert would truely care what MediaBiasfactchect has to write or say about him and his site.Robert has a good following and has and is still doing good selling wise on his books. He knows full well I'm sure that there are lots of people out to get him.Despite some claims of the contrary he let"s an even amount of opinion be shared on his blog.

weatherfan2012

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
Robert Filex has moved to Texas apparently.he was living in Seattle but moved down south the last few days.
  • Andie likes this

Andie

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:33 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
It would seem the National Park Service has taken a step or two back on their gloom and doom prediction regarding glaciers in Glacier National Park. They've been quietly removing signs that predict the end of glaciers by 2020/2030.
Gotta love it.

https://wattsupwitht...-by-2020-signs/

In recent years the National Park Service prominently featured brochures, signs and films which boldly proclaimed that all glaciers at GNP were melting away rapidly. But now officials at GNP seem to be scrambling to hide or replace their previous hysterical claims while avoiding any notice to the public that the claims were inaccurate. Teams from Lysander Spooner University visiting the Park each September have noted that GNP’s most famous glaciers such as the Grinnell Glacier and the Jackson Glacier appear to have been growing—not shrinking—since about 2010. (The Jackson Glacier—easily seen from the Going-To-The-Sun Highway—may have grown as much as 25% or more over the past decade.)

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

OKwx2k4

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3855 posts

It would seem the National Park Service has taken a step or two back on their gloom and doom prediction regarding glaciers in Glacier National Park. They've been quietly removing signs that predict the end of glaciers by 2020/2030.
Gotta love it.

https://wattsupwitht...-by-2020-signs/

In recent years the National Park Service prominently featured brochures, signs and films which boldly proclaimed that all glaciers at GNP were melting away rapidly. But now officials at GNP seem to be scrambling to hide or replace their previous hysterical claims while avoiding any notice to the public that the claims were inaccurate. Teams from Lysander Spooner University visiting the Park each September have noted that GNP’s most famous glaciers such as the Grinnell Glacier and the Jackson Glacier appear to have been growing—not shrinking—since about 2010. (The Jackson Glacier—easily seen from the Going-To-The-Sun Highway—may have grown as much as 25% or more over the past decade.)

If I had to guess, spring 2010 would have been my start date for the "shift". It makes sense.

We have factually lived in the most "optimal" climate in human history, if you think about it from 1850-present. A few throwbacks to see the cold over the last 150 years is all we have seen.

I would imagine over that span, Alaska has warmed greatly as well. If this is true, then there has been something pretty impressive going on for the last 8-10 years.

The deck is stacked, basically. The opposition needs to learn how to make their living the old fashioned way. Investing in the real future, not making one up to mislead people.
  • Andie likes this

Andie

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts

Robert Filex has moved to Texas apparently.he was living in Seattle but moved down south the last few days.

I had heard he was considering this for several years. I corresponded with him a few times on Texas. He's one west coaster I'm thrilled to welcome to the Lone Star State!
  • weatherfan2012 and OKwx2k4 like this

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:10 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3011 posts
Dr. Patrick Michaels, Climatologist, weighed in on the warming trend currently in vogue. He said 31 of the 32 models are wrong. The 31 US models are tweeted to portray what we expect it to say. The Russian model reflects reality. And wouldn't you know it, it says we are cooling over a long trend.

https://www.iceageno...tologist-video/

"Phony models

In order to clarify what he is hearing, interviewer Mark Levin paraphrases Michaels: “so you’re telling us that we have a massive bit of public policy that has an enormous effect on society that is built on phony models.”

Michaels nods his head ‘yes.” “It’s build on a house of cards,” says Michaels."

(Video)

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

weatherfan2012

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

weatherfan2012

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Dr. Patrick Michaels, Climatologist, weighed in on the warming trend currently in vogue. He said 31 of the 32 models are wrong. The 31 US models are tweeted to portray what we expect it to say. The Russian model reflects reality. And wouldn't you know it, it says we are cooling over a long trend.
https://www.iceageno...tologist-video/
"Phony models
In order to clarify what he is hearing, interviewer Mark Levin paraphrases Michaels: “so you’re telling us that we have a massive bit of public policy that has an enormous effect on society that is built on phony models.”
Michaels nods his head ‘yes.” “It’s build on a house of cards,” says Michaels."
(Video)

Robert Flex posted this and it does confirm what he states in his book not by fire but by ice https://www.iceageno...ger-glaciation/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: climate change, solar, co2, agw, ice age