Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Global Warming

climate change solar co2 agw ice age

• Please log in to reply

Andie

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:03 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas
Many politicians want to blame the massive fires on Climate Change or Global Warming. I think the problem is likely a good deal closer to home. Forests have been woefully neglected, particularly in light of population growth. Proper forest management has not been practiced.
Oregon and Washington face similar situations, as does Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada and Colorado.

https://freebeacon.c...3e35b2-45573117

The California state agency charged with overseeing utility companies took nine years to develop a consistent statewide map designating areas at high risk for destructive power-line fires.

Seven of those years took place during outgoing Gov. Jerry Brown's time in office and six were during the tenure of a president of a key state agency who resigned after a series of leadership scandals.
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts
The Greatest Two-Year Global Cooling Event Just Took Place

Would it surprise you to learn the greatest global two-year cooling event of the last century just occurred? From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C. You have to go back to 1982-84 for the next biggest two-year drop, 0.47°C—also during the global warming era. All the data in this essay come from GISTEMP Team, 2018: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP). NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (dataset accessed 2018-04-11 at https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/).This is the standard source used in most journalistic reporting of global average temperatures.

https://www.realclea...ace_103243.html
  • iFred likes this
Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

weatherfan2012

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

The Greatest Two-Year Global Cooling Event Just Took Place
Would it surprise you to learn the greatest global two-year cooling event of the last century just occurred? From February 2016 to February 2018 (the latest month available) global average temperatures dropped 0.56°C. You have to go back to 1982-84 for the next biggest two-year drop, 0.47°C—also during the global warming era. All the data in this essay come from GISTEMP Team, 2018: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP). NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (dataset accessed 2018-04-11 at https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/).This is the standard source used in most journalistic reporting of global average temperatures.
https://www.realclea...ace_103243.html

Robert Filex also posted this as well.Robert also posted the trump Artical a few days ago.

Andie

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts
"Bias? We don't have no stinkin' bias!!"
The objectivity and professional stature of the media is a beacon of inspiration to us all........not.

January 1, 2019
Chuck Todd - Meet The Press

“We’re not going to give time to climate deniers: The science is settled,” asserted NBC’s Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press.”

Meet the Press covered the “climate crisis” for a full hour on Sunday morning, with NBC News anchor Chuck Todd hosting a series of so-called experts and advocates — including Michael Bloomberg, NASA climate scientist Kate Marvel and California Governor Jerry Brown.

“A Happy New Year’s weekend,” Todd begins. We’re going to talk about climate change this hour. What we’re not going to do, “we’re not going to debate climate change, (or) the existence of it. The earth is getting hotter, and human activity is a major cause. Period. We’re not going to give time to climate deniers: The science is settled.”

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

LNK_Weather

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

LNK_Weather

Opinions don't care about your feelings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4829 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE
Science is never settled. Sad that even some scientists refuse to acknowledge that in this case.
  • weatherfan2012 and Andie like this

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6"), 11/25 (3.6"), 12/1-2 (3.0"), 12/28 (2.4"), 1/11-12 (4.9"), 1/22 (3.9"), 2/6-7 (2.2"), 2/15 (2.6"), 2/16-17 (4.2"), 2/19-20 (5.1"), 2/23 (8.0"), 3/2 (2.0"), 3/6-7 (4.3")

Total Snowfall for 2018-2019 @ KLNK: 55.5"             Coldest Low: -9*F (1/30, 3/4)

First flake of the season: 10/14/2018 @ 7:01 AM CDT                Last flake of the season (so far): 3/9/2019 @ 12:51 PM CST

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2018 Severe Weather Season Statistics for my apartment:

Tornado Watches: 2 (Last: 6/11/2018)

Tornado Warnings: 0 (Last: 5/9/2016)

Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 6 (Last: 9/20/2018)

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings: 5 (Last: 9/20/2018)

SPC Day 1 High Risks: 0 (Last: 6/5/2008)

SPC Day 1 Moderate Risks: 1 (Last: 6/1/2018)

SPC Day 1 Enhanced Risks: 3 (Last: 6/30/2018)

SPC Day 1 Slight Risks: 9 (Last: 9/20/2018)

weatherfan2012

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Science is never settled. Sad that even some scientists refuse to acknowledge that in this case.

it's called the Science is settled scam 

OKwx2k4

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts
If it is settled science, fire them all and quit paying them to research something they already know everything about. Isn't that what settled science is? Scientific law proven from clear, concise and written theory? We don't waste BILLIONS studying gravity and writing news articles about it to scare,...ahem, sorry, "inform" people about. It IS proven.

Climate science won't be settled in the US in my lifetime. Maybe somewhere in Europe or China but not here. Global warming is not fact and never will be.

Andie

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts
These clowns have to make a living somehow.
Practicing hard science isn't glamorous and often doesn't pay well. So, they have to drum up something to fund their existence.
I agree. It won't be settled because it's an evolving situation, however, I do believe the trend toward a cooler climate will be inescapable during our lifetimes and will likely affect our economy and lives.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

Andie

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Andie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2673 posts

I know we don"t do political on this forum, so I'm going to stick with science here.

How the heck do we elect people with NO science and then they take on issues such as this say the quote below??

The science is against all the law makers, but they refuse to be informed.

How to we inform them??

That's the question.

The world is going to end in 12 years unless the government takes action, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Monday at a Martin Luther King forum in New York City. 

Here’s an excerpt from her interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates:

“And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.

https://news.grabien...d-12-years-if-w

• weatherfan2012 likes this

2018 Rainfall - 62.65"
High Temp. - 110.03*
Low Temp. - 8.4*

weatherfan2012

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

I know we don"t do political on this forum, so I'm going to stick with science here.

How the heck do we elect people with NO science and then they take on issues such as this say the quote below??
How to we inform them??
That's the question.

The world is going to end in 12 years unless the government takes action, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Monday at a Martin Luther King forum in New York City. 

“And I think the part of it that is generational is that millennials and people, in Gen Z, and all these folks that come after us are looking up and we’re like, the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change. You’re biggest issue, your biggest issue is how are going to pay for it? — and like this is the war, this is our World War II.

you just can't make this stuff up what it says those is stupidly can not be fix
  • Andie likes this

OKwx2k4

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

OKwx2k4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts
Folks consider her a political prodigy. You can make this stuff up. World war 2 vs climate variance? Hmmmm....

I agree with the thought that there are those of us who need to keep in mind what Andie has said.

Noticable climate shift in our lifetimes is more likely than any point in modern history, in my opinion. The effects of which would be things like drought, cool/short summers, and early or late frosts (both). There's more than enough raw (unmanipulated) data to look at which would agree. The post 1992 and 1995 adjustments to raw data need to be challenged openly, publicly, and recertified by independent scientific process with no emphasis based on type of results, just that the results be irrefutable. If that were possible and if the science were truly settled, IT WOULD NOT CHANGE.

AOC is pure evil and a groomed trophy to use as democratic bait for the emo kiddies. Nothing more.

LNK_Weather

Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

LNK_Weather

Opinions don't care about your feelings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4829 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Folks consider her a political prodigy. You can make this stuff up. World war 2 vs climate variance? Hmmmm....

I agree with the thought that there are those of us who need to keep in mind what Andie has said.

Noticable climate shift in our lifetimes is more likely than any point in modern history, in my opinion. The effects of which would be things like drought, cool/short summers, and early or late frosts (both). There's more than enough raw (unmanipulated) data to look at which would agree. The post 1992 and 1995 adjustments to raw data need to be challenged openly, publicly, and recertified by independent scientific process with no emphasis based on type of results, just that the results be irrefutable. If that were possible and if the science were truly settled, IT WOULD NOT CHANGE.

AOC is pure evil and a groomed trophy to use as democratic bait for the emo kiddies. Nothing more.

I like this

>1" Snowfalls for Lincoln Municipal Airport in 2018-2019: 10/14 (3.5"), 11/17 (2.6"), 11/25 (3.6"), 12/1-2 (3.0"), 12/28 (2.4"), 1/11-12 (4.9"), 1/22 (3.9"), 2/6-7 (2.2"), 2/15 (2.6"), 2/16-17 (4.2"), 2/19-20 (5.1"), 2/23 (8.0"), 3/2 (2.0"), 3/6-7 (4.3")

Total Snowfall for 2018-2019 @ KLNK: 55.5"             Coldest Low: -9*F (1/30, 3/4)

First flake of the season: 10/14/2018 @ 7:01 AM CDT                Last flake of the season (so far): 3/9/2019 @ 12:51 PM CST

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2018 Severe Weather Season Statistics for my apartment:

Tornado Watches: 2 (Last: 6/11/2018)

Tornado Warnings: 0 (Last: 5/9/2016)

Severe Thunderstorm Watches: 6 (Last: 9/20/2018)

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings: 5 (Last: 9/20/2018)

SPC Day 1 High Risks: 0 (Last: 6/5/2008)

SPC Day 1 Moderate Risks: 1 (Last: 6/1/2018)

SPC Day 1 Enhanced Risks: 3 (Last: 6/30/2018)

SPC Day 1 Slight Risks: 9 (Last: 9/20/2018)

weatherfan2012

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
Interesting Articles posted from Robert Filex https://www.iceageno...glacial-period/and https://www.iceageno...n-in-the-2050s/

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2884 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, CA

How to we inform them??
That's the question.

She got her numbers wrong. It should be World War 3.

Mr Marine Layer

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:15 PM

Mr Marine Layer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2884 posts
  • LocationLake Forest, CA

If the computer models can't perfectly predict the weather for one week in the future, how can they expect to predict the climate 10 years from now? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: climate change, solar, co2, agw, ice age