Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Siberian Snow Cover

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

iFred

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 3759 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

I guess this is "Arctic Enough".

Apparently the snow cover extent over northern Siberia is significantly higher than last year for this time of year. It looks like with the September snowfalls across the Northern Hemisphere and Siberia, we may have a stronger pool of cold air to work with.

More over at iceagenow.info.

iFred

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

iFred

The Weather Forums

• (° ͟ʖ°)
  • 3759 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Another article on the subject from Bloomberg on the subject. They note that the snow cover has gotten off to an incredible start.

Chris

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Chris

Community Mod

• Admin
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationOregon Coast Range 1000'

I've seen people correlate this to -AO and snowy conditions across the eastern US and Europe.

Chris

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Chris

Community Mod

• Admin
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationOregon Coast Range 1000'

siberia.png

richard mann

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3471 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

-

Some basic and if more general, correlation per my view, with whatever might be otherwise derived from this advent, ...

.. Early snow in the Sierras, a week-plus ago more Western region focused, a very good "barometer" looked at more generally, of cold and even "snow" potential "there", ... 

.. And my own view, working more off of a more "ENSO" focused perspective, if more generally, .... that main and more primary cold "stores" are building through the higher latitudes both North, and South (i.e. relative to a more "multi-decal" type scope and timeframe, more cyclical. Not, with emphasis, some type of more over-all "global cooling".), .... at this point, while the "equator" warms.

---twitter_logo-t12.png