Winter 14-15 Alaska/Yukon/Upper BC Discussion

Sometimesdylan

With the snowstorms in late January and this month, Juneau is no longer on pace to have a top 5 least snowy winter. They are at 36.5", with more snow expected in a couple days. Still a decent chance this ends up as the least snowy winter since 2000-01 for them, which only had 28.7".

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

With the snowstorms in late January and this month, Juneau is no longer on pace to have a top 5 least snowy winter. They are at 36.5", with more snow expected in a couple days. Still a decent chance this ends up as the least snowy winter since 2000-01 for them, which only had 28.7".

Thanks for the tidbit! We got a good amount of snow, but now it's all rain up to 4000 feet! :(

"There are so many waves coming in all the time, you don't have to worry about that. Take your time—wave come. Let the other guys go; catch another one." -Duke Kahanamoku

headed to sitka to do some commercial fishing tomorrow . 10-15 foot seas and 30kt winds here i come. hope it stays warm... freezing spray and ice is a scary combo.

"There are so many waves coming in all the time, you don't have to worry about that. Take your time—wave come. Let the other guys go; catch another one." -Duke Kahanamoku

And warm it has stayed... Sitka broke its record high on Monday. 54! I was in a t shirt while we got the boat ready. The ocean is still rough but at least I don't have to wear so many layers and worry about slipping on ice!

• 2 weeks later...

right on, that sounds like a good drive.

we picked up about 8 inches of snow 2 days ago. since then we've received about two inches...of rain. :( still a decent covering in the mountains though.

Looking forward to my return to Alaska...but not until September!  This time I'll be flying into Anchorage then driving north to Fairbanks.

If you have someone to go with, I recommend driving to Deadhorse. It's usually not snowy yet or not too snowy yet, at least in early September. It's a long and intense drive though so you'll have to stop in the Fairbanks area anyway. I'd like to visit again sometime.

• 3 months later...