Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by the Weather Forums! Please take the time to register and join our community. Feel free to post or start new topics on anything related to the weather or the climate.

Photo

Winter Weather Observations for the East Coast

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

richard mann

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

richard mann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3405 posts
  • LocationParadise, CA

Winter still going strong..

800.jpg

At this point probably actually some of ours more. (Pick out an appropriate emoticon for the occasion. And charge it to my account.) "Hope" this isn't "too" annoying. "Only", wish that there were more people that frequented this thread .. could be sunspots
---twitter_logo-t12.png

weatherfan2012

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
pattern needs to change to a warmer one this cold now becomes an annoyence then an enjoyable one.looking forward to the flowers tree budding green grass and warmer nice spring days nothing better in may and june watching distance thunderstorms.

Andie

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in North Texas

Oh well, brush the snow off the chairs Phil and bring me an Irish coffee.  Great view.  Snow or summer I bet.

Texas is in full swing with spring.  Trees budded out, flowers blooming and they've gone absolutely bats**t crazy on the golf course.

78* today and sunny.

• Phil likes this

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

Chris

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Chris

Community Mod

• Admin
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOregon Coast Range 1000'

Oh well, brush the snow off the chairs Phil and bring me an Irish coffee.  Great view.  Snow or summer I bet.

Texas is in full swing with spring.  Trees budded out, flowers blooming and they've gone absolutely bats**t crazy on the golf course.

78* today and sunny.

Bring on the thunderstorms.

• Phil likes this

Andie

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
:lol: not far behind I'm sure. Though we've not had the same patterns as in the past where We'd be dodging tornados.
It seems those have gone north and east lately.
I remember standing in the yard several times looking up into the bottom of the vortex as it swirled high overhead. Talk about weird. They're amazing things and you can see the power stored up in them as the clouds boil. Very cool.

What's the forecast for the southern plains as spring storms go ?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

weatherfan2012

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

weatherfan2012

Forum Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
heavey rains in parts of the reagion tonight as a few waves of showers and thunderstorms move across the reagion.most wridespread in a few weeks.

Andie

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:06 PM

Andie

Daily Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts
I LIVE IN FREAKIN SCOTLAND !!

Very little sun this past 6 weeks.
Nothing but rain in the forecast........this is NOT a complaint.
We've received 21.54 inches at DfW officially. We only got 21.24 total last year. Normal is around 32"
Most areas north of the area is measuring its rain in Feet. Texoma Lake on the Red River is likely going to be releasing water over its spillway. This may cause some mild flooding but there's no choice. Everything is drawing in to the lake. All other lakes in north Texas are at or above normal. Most are not allowing boating on the lakes due to debris that has been flushed into them. Boat ramps are way under water anyway.

Forecast? Rain. At least till June first. One weatherman here says that the faucet will turn off and get ready for the heat. (And the humidity) I suppose summer was going to happen one way or another.
But we are officially Drought Free ! :)

So here's the question............What's the long range outlook for the southern plains ? Any idea what our Fall will look like ? Anyone want to take this on ?
  • iFred and Chris like this