3/1 - 3/3 Spring Storm Potential

Tom

Interesting, 12z Euro's 850's came in a little colder for N IL on the front end precip.  I'd say from DSM/Clinton, IA/Kenosha, WI on north 850's stay below 0C.  N IL may get some front end snow, then mix as ORD is border line.  Ground temps pop up to 35F for a brief period Tuesday afternoon, then crash.

Comparing the GFS to Euro, GFS is way more amped up then the Euro.

My snow chances have diminished substantially for tomorrow. Bummer! Lets see what happens with Tuesday's storm. What a dull winter. Nothing but bitter cold and old snow from more than a month ago when we had the SB snowstorm and from previous clippers. Most of the action has been on the east coast. So much for a cold snowy winter. Its all BS. Mother nature will do what it wants.

Meanwhile, the east coast might be looking at another winterstorm. NYC under a WWA for 3-6inches. Some ice is possible, but, they might be looking at an all snow event.

Looking forward to some warmer weather too. I forget how 30s and 40s feel like.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

My snow chances have diminished substantially for tomorrow. Bummer! Lets see what happens with Tuesday's storm. What a dull winter. Nothing but bitter cold and old snow from more than a month ago when we had the SB snowstorm and from previous clippers. Most of the action has been on the east coast. So much for a cold snowy winter. Its all BS. Mother nature will do what it wants.

Meanwhile, the east coast might be looking at another winterstorm. NYC under a WWA for 3-6inches. Some ice is possible, but, they might be looking at an all snow event.

Looking forward to some warmer weather too. I forget how 30s and 40s feel like.

Be happy you got a whopper of a storm, even if it was pretty much the only excitement of the winter.  Fargo and Minneapolis would love to have seen a 6" storm (the snow lovers in those cities, that is).

• Like 1

NAM increased the qpf up to .5-.75 for S.WI

I don't put much stock in the off hour NAM runs (and actually most of the other models had around .5" QPF anyway).  It definitely looks much better to keep things all snow than it did a day or two ago, when I was anxiously worrying about a NW trend.

Be happy you got a whopper of a storm, even if it was pretty much the only excitement of the winter.  Fargo and Minneapolis would love to have seen a 6" storm (the snow lovers in those cities, that is).

I hear ya, its one of those winters I guess where it wants to snow but ends up not happening. Look, tomorrow is March 1st. In a week or 2 at the most, I am done with winter. The cold is getting too old now. Anything after that is slopfest. Looking forward to Spring!!

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"