Winter Arrives in Britain...Early.

In Britain it isn't unusual for the " weather to turn " as they say, in early Sept. But usually that means from warm to cool, not cold to snow. The UK may be in for a rough winter.

Winter hits Britain

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/602694/Britain-braces-snow-winter-weekend

Coldest summer in decades.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/britain-endures-coldest-summer-in-years-met-office-figures-show-a2926106.html

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article was actually blown out of proportion. The cold being talked about was in the Scottish highlands. The temps in places like London were nothing more than what we have seen here the past week.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

The article speaks of the Highlands yes, but it speaks of Birmingham receiving a hailstorm and frost forecast that night with 23*F temps.

Birmingham is in the English Midlands not the highlands and this is not normal for them at all. I've lived over there near Cambridge and so far all my friends over there have said they're freezing their arse off this summer. Their winters recently have been exceptionally cold and a great deal of heavy rain and flooding. They say they've never seen the UK so cold in the south.

Typically early September brings rain and cooler air, not cold and frost or frozen anything.

"Freak hailstorms left Birmingham under a carpet of white this week as forecasters warn autumn is about to turn nasty.

Plunging thermometers will push the mercury close to -5C (23F) overnight on Saturday with the risk of frosts on Sunday morning.

Forecasters are not ruling out a flurry of snow over high ground as a swathe of bitter air floods in from the Arctic."

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*