November 2015 in the Pacific Northwest

MikeInEverett

Some people act like I haven't received 17 inches of rain since August. That is relentless rain.

Some pepole assume the entire planet exists within a mile of an airport in Portland. And the world is ending soon. Don't worry about it.

It's been very wet here overall since the last weekend in July when over 2 inches of rain fell. SEA had one of the wettest months of August ever.

Parts of this planet while survive this apocalypse!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Another nice November afternoon in Seattle... also see the new Amazon complex in lower right corner and all the ongoing construction around there.

http://s1.postimg.org/fim7xdzgu/seattle3.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Midmonth has the ingredients of a pretty active pattern, with the polar vortex rotating around Alaska and pressing the northern branch of the jet southward. Should be a nice storm somewhere in there.

Meh. You have a tendency to overhype coming storminess. I'm sure things will trend ridgier if that's what the Euro is showing.

Yeah, I thought calling for an active pattern in mid November seemed pretty bold. Hopefully the drought won`t worsen too much!

Trees looking real stressed here now... most of them are starting to look bare and possibly dead. They had turned some bright colors but now they are looking more terrible each day. I am sure the last couple days have been rough without being constantly pounded with water.

Yeah, I thought calling for an active pattern in mid November seemed pretty bold. Hopefully the drought won`t worsen too much!

Just because ridging is returning doesn't mean it's a drought.

My point is I wouldn't bet on a blockbuster snow pattern for the mountains when that kind of thing clearly seems to be outside the realm of what our climate is capable of anymore.

Oh, plus the Euro wasn't showing it.

Just because ridging is returning doesn't mean it's a drought.

My point is I wouldn't bet on a blockbuster snow pattern for the mountains when that kind of thing clearly seems to be outside the realm of what our climate is capable of anymore.

Oh, plus the Euro wasn't showing it.

Surely you're not serious. I mean, 2014 was a long time ago and the climate has obviously changed dramatically since then, but...

At face value, the 12z Euro actually did show quite a bit of mountain snow.

A forum for the end of the world.

Surely you're not serious. I mean, 2014 was a long time ago and the climate has obviously changed dramatically since then, but...

At face value, the 12z Euro actually did show quite a bit of mountain snow.

You did not hear? It does not snow in the mountains here now. Not ever again. That's it.

Should be getting a decent dump of mountain snow over the next few weeks!

Really looks like it now... I just hope the jet and the trough can dig south.    Deliver heavy rain to OR and NoCal and cold air with mountain snow up here.   

Otherwise it just ends up being a copious warm rain situation.   

If the 18Z were to verify, I would be at 25" of rain since August.

Praying for you in this time of historic severe drought. We need amother 10-20 feet of rain to even start making a dent.

Looks like Missoula is getting their first snow of the season today.

Same with Whitefish/Kalispell.

Missoula is very high on my list of places to eventually move to. At any rate it sure is nice to finally have the Western torch squelched...at least for now.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Missoula is very high on my list of places to eventually move to. At any rate it sure is nice to finally have the Western torch squelched...at least for now.

Kalispell vicinity would be higher on the list for me, but I can see the draw in Missoula being that it's right on I-90.

Missoula is really out in the open... we always find it interesting when we drive through there and see all of these new houses and large developments literally within a stone's throw of the freeway and all the noise... when there is nothing but open land for miles and miles.

It is downwind of fires to the west in the summer... that has been a issue the last few years when we have gone through. The pine beetle also hit that area recently.

Thinking you would die with their pleasantly warm summers!

I always thought Missoula and Bozeman would be nice places to live though if you find the right spot. Butte it just too high in elevation.

Missoula is beautful. We were just through there in September and the pine beetle outbreak has mostly come and gone. Lots of green trees and open hillsides around town.

It is a great summer climate because, even though the days are on the warm side, humidity is almost nonexistent and average lows are in the upper 40s to low 50s even during the warmest time of year.

It's also nice that they don't cover their foothills with ugly McMansions.

• Like 1

We've had this discussion before...like many discussions on here.

Missoula is ok. Probably not in my top 10 of western mountain cities/towns I'd live in, but way better than many places in this country, no doubt.

Its better than our foothills in Washington, thats for sure!!

• Like 1