East/Gulf Coast Weather 2016

Phil

Wind is roaring here tonight..strong LLJ but mixing wasn't forecasted to be this prolific. Gusted to 44mph through the trees out of the S/SW.

Warming up too..approaching 60 degrees now.

Snowshoe gusted to 80mph last night. Impressive for an event that didn't feature a super-strong gradient.

I wanna move there..200" of snow per year, hurricane force winds 30+ days per year, epic severe weather season, no ridiculous heat and humidity, etc.

A weathermans dream come true.

Buy a pair of snowshoes, cross country skis, snow blower and a true Arctic coat and your ready for the races !

Don't forget the lifetime supply of thermal hand warmers.

I moved out of 110" of snow in Aurora, Ill. in 1978 after the blizzard. That was fun.

Had to dig the snow away that covered the entire garage door just to start to shovel out.

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Sunny, 83*. .........

Edit: Next Thursday and Friday are forecast to have a high of 39, low of 28 as a front pushes through. Today is a record but we'll see temps recover to the low 70's and 60's for highs before the front arrives.

So, there's hope for winter in Texas yet.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Front just blew through Snowshoe, WV. They were sustained at 54mph, and gusted to 75mph and now they're experiencing blizzard conditions. The lower elevations in MD/N-VA will probably hit 40-45mph over the next 24-36hrs.

Too bad I'm in Miami.

Don't let the sand between your toes annoy you too much ! ....( rolls eyes )

I think that there will be bouts of arctic air, even in Texas, with the pattern setting up. Just about everybody will see some cold weather. 

Winter 23-24: Total Snow (3.2")    Total Ice (0.2")     Coldest Low: 1F     Coldest High: 5F

Snow Events: 0.1" Jan 5th, 0.2" Jan 9th, 1.6" Jan 14, 0.2" (ice) Jan 22, 1.3" Feb 12

Our forecast is so typically Texas.

Saturday high should see 70* and a low of 48*

Then Wednesday we'll have a front blow in with a high of 40*, Thursday a high of 34*, Low of 27* and rain/snow, cold air remains through Saturday.

00z GFS throws a few blizzards our way, one of them less than a week out. Lets do this thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thunderstorms today have so far been mostly a bust I think what happen was the front took a lot longer then forecast to move north today by the time it finlly did past it was not until late this afternoon this the instability never had time to work it magic.it would be pretty funny if tommore ended up more active when the forecast was for today being the most active.