East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

Hope this isn't a preview of our Spring.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Wednesday looks like a classic Miller B most likely mostly a screw event here those a inch or 2 is a slight possablty on grass and car tops knowing most Miller B events but nj pa northern maryland and new England of course will likely get the goods.march 12-13 Those is interesting and could be the storm that brings our region that late season past snow storm that we have speculated on.

Nippy low of 25*F this morning. Now raining and 38*F.

Looks like Philly/burbs are gonna get hammered with heavy snow tonight and tomorrow. We’ll probably miss this one by ~ 100 miles. Hoping the next one takes a more favorable track.

Nippy low of 25*F this morning. Now raining and 38*F.

Looks like Philly/burbs are gonna get hammered with heavy snow tonight and tomorrow. We’ll probably miss this one by ~ 100 miles. Hoping the next one takes a more favorable track.

typical of Miller Bs the one Sunday night Monday still in my opinion is the one to watch for us.

Congrats to the Philly crew. That looked like a fun storm to experience..especially that deformation band w/ the lightning strikes.

The Sunday/Monday storm looks like a whiff to the south now. I’ve watched the Carolinas, the Gulf Coast, the mountains, and the Philly-Boston corridor get nailed over and over again, and all the while, we’ve gotten the shaft.

I’m just about ready to throw in the towel on this winter.

• Like 1

Congrats to the Philly crew. That looked like a fun storm to experience..especially that deformation band w/ the lightning strikes.

The Sunday/Monday storm looks like a whiff to the south now. I’ve watched the Carolinas, the Gulf Coast, the mountains, and the Philly-Boston corridor get nailed over and over again, and all the while, we’ve gotten the shaft.

I’m just about ready to throw in the towel on this winter.

I knew it was a miss when DT brought out his dog last night everything he forecasts the oppersite plays out :lol: just one of those winter's where it just does it want to snow here.of course back in 2009-2010 while we were hitting the jack pot new England were getting screwed so I'm sure sooner or later we will get another winter where our pals up north get screwed and we get nailed.one thing for sure next winter is it can't possablty get much worse then these past few it can only go up from here.

Yeah, it’s just part of living here. It’s usually something like two famine winters for every feast winter.

may not be over quite yet the gfs is once again more promising tonight once again the data is going to throw us all for a ride of ups and down over this one it seems :lol:

Nah, it’s over..it’s just not our winter.

Yeah, it’s just part of living here. It’s usually something like two famine winters for every feast winter.

last time we had a pair of low snow winter's like this 88-92 was pretty bad 49-51 And 30-33 was Also back to back cases as well it very rare to go three winter's with such ridiculously low snow numbers so odds would suggest 2018-2019 for at least something more average around here and of course we all know if 2019-2020 we get El Nino solar min east qbo combination it will likely be a awesome winter pattern for the region with one or more blockbuster storm potential possible just due to the history of that set up.also the blockbusters winter's starting with 95-96 seem to be getting snower and our small winter's seem to be getting smaller as of late likey just a cycle currently we are in which I'm sure will change sooner or later and a new pattern or cycle take place but is interesting stat none of the less Phil.

Nah, it’s over..it’s just not our winter.

one thing you can count on is our cool wet late march- may pattern going to swamp season mode in june which hardly ever fails The good news perhaps is we excape the dreaded severe February thunderstorm episode that we saw the last 3 years so maybe we will see a more active thunderstorm season when it ought to be late spring mid summer vers the crap the last few years.

Low of 23.2*F this morning. A bit the chilly side, but we’re warming up decently now on downsloping winds and bright sunshine.

Currently 47*F and perfect.

• Like 1

Friends in Andover, Mass. finally got their power back on this morning.

He said it did, however,  give him time to sit down and read my second book.  That was a nice side effect.

Still cold there though. My daughter in law was out of power on Cape Cod as well.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

Low of 23.2*F this morning. A bit the chilly side, but we’re warming up decently now on downsloping winds and bright sunshine.

Currently 47*F and perfect.

Dt finlly down grades the storm quite frankly I don't get why he was so excited about it to begin with the up and down models should have been a red flag and he went against his own rules by hyping the gfs when he normally is trashing it he is just :lol: to me can't take Dave to seriously.

Cloudy and 41*F with a brisk north wind developing. Even the old timers would know to expect a miss, since north winds indicate a low pressure center that’s already well off to the east. We usually see easterly winds ahead of strong nor’easters.

We probably have one or two additional nor’easters in the pipeline with this pattern. Doesn’t mean it will snow, but it certainly can happen until the 2nd week of April. Then we’ll probably flip into a warm/ridgy regime during the second half of April (or so I suspect).

Getting some light snow w/ brisk 25mph N/NW winds.

It’s barely even conversational, though. And it’s so warm that it smells like rain.

Winds gusting to around 40mph today with highs sitting in the low 40s. A few loud ones roared through during the forenoon hours.

The next two days look pretty similar, maybe somewhat windier tomorrow. Snow squalls should be thwarted by downsloping this go around, however. Watching for another nor’easter snow chance in ~ one week, but I’m not holding my breath yet.

Winds gusting to around 40mph today with highs sitting in the low 40s. A few loud ones roared through during the forenoon hours.

The next two days look pretty similar, maybe somewhat windier tomorrow. Snow squalls should be thwarted by downsloping this go around, however. Watching for another nor’easter snow chance in ~ one week, but I’m not holding my breath yet.

but you can be sure north Carolina and Boston will be hammered The story of this commercial winter :lol:

Another chilly, breezy day. Gusting to around 40mph with a high temperature of 40.5*F.

I saw that Dulles apparently gusted to 60mph. That’s much stronger than anything we've seen here so far.

The 12z Euro dumps 17” on DC. If that happens, I’ll consider this a great winter.

true but I will beleave it when it's on the ground one day the models show big hit next run it's well north then next run suppress watch this trend south slames north Carolina then slams new England once again lol I will be amazed if we get hit the way this pattern has gone but could always be wrong.

true but I will beleave it when it's on the ground one day the models show big hit next run it's well north then next run suppress watch this trend south slames north Carolina then slams new England once again lol I will be amazed if we get hit the way this pattern has gone but could always be wrong.

Yeah, it’s unlikely to actually happen, however we've also used up so much bad luck that I think we might be due for the inverse. Who knows.

• Like 1

Midnight here and the inversion just broke..temperatures shooting up like a rocket under clear night skies feels weird as heck.

Gusts are surprisingly strong today. Shaking the house and thundering through the trees. Hitting 50mph easy.

My station hit 47mph despite being somewhat sheltered.

Also another chilly low of 25.5*F this morning. Mixed out when the wind spiked, though, so spring insolstion is doing its thing.

Still watching for a potential early week paste bomb but I’m not holding my breath. The GFS tracks it too far north while the Euro and CMC are both decent.

The models are indicating threats up to early April :lol:

Typical. April is the new March, and March is the new February.

4" of rain this weekend