East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

We get stuff like this in Okla and Tx. But up east, it's just too hard.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

We get stuff like this in Okla and Tx. But up east, it's just too hard.

You guys get dewpoints above 80*F?

Yikes. What city are you in again?

Tomorrow is the last day of this swamp spell. Then we get a 3-4 day break from Saturday - Monday/Tuesday, before the soup returns on Wednesday.

Currently 91/75, heat index 101. So much closer to average vs the ridiculousness earlier in the week.

We're in the pleasant zone right now. Early next week the heat is back on.

Amazing east to west rain even in south Texas. Missed DFW. But we have the cool. I'll take it.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

The beach this year has been where the action been snow in winter and thunderstorms now in summer seems like here the last few years the weather has been taking relaxatives but we have to be careful what we wish for because sooner or later we may really get it and more times then not the changes happen when we're not really looking for it.

Holy f**k. A completely dry frontal passage following a heatwave? When the f**k has that ever happened?

I keep saying this every year, but f**********k. We’ve truly set a new benchmark for the complete and utter lack of severe weather and thunderstorm activity in general. I think we’ve had one severe thunderstorm watch this summer. Mother Nature is such a f**king coward. Pathetic.

So f**king sick and tired of heat without some good convection to make it worthwhile. F**k this s**t.

• Like 2

That felt good..lol.

I bet it did. I completely sympathize!

The big High sitting north of Tx/Okla is bringing an easterly flow and so we are seeing a 30% chance of rain for the next 2-3 days. Temps mid to low 90's feels like a cool front right now.

We were freaking due this break. Hottest D**n summer in ages. Feel wise.

After all that rain early spring, the fates dump a boatload of Heat.

Now if it'll just rain on me!! It's thundering all around me. Lightning popping but no rain yet.

Holy f**k. A completely dry frontal passage following a heatwave? When the f**k has that ever happened?

I keep saying this every year, but f**********k. We’ve truly set a new benchmark for the complete and utter lack of severe weather and thunderstorm activity in general. I think we’ve had one severe thunderstorm watch this summer. Mother Nature is such a f**king coward. Pathetic.

So f**king sick and tired of heat without some good convection to make it worthwhile. F**k this s**t.

the thing is we use to do great with severe thunderstorms patterns in the summer this crap none thunderstorm pattern started around 2013 and it has been a amazingly persistent pattern to.I really thought with the approaching solar min over the next few years things would become more active as we have tended to have active weather periods doing solar min periods so this is a head scratches especially this year.really makes you wonder how this upcoming solar min really behaves going forward.
  • Like 1

Haha, yeah we rarely have to worry about giant tornadoes and grapefruit sized hail. So it’s easier to root for “severe” weather here..though the few EF4+ twisters that have occurred around these parts still make me cautious under certain setups..it’s technically possible.

What a beautiful day!!! Front came through last night and dropped dewpoints by over 20 degrees. Feels like a cold desert out here now compared to yesterday.

Currently 73/52, with a deep blue sky and a fresh northerly breeze. We get three days of this nice weather until things start swamping up again during the middle of the upcoming workweek.

Going to enjoy this while it lasts.

86*  humidity 60%

Thunderstorms rumbling, and lightning poppin all around but barely a sprinkle so far. 

We could still see a shower this evening if the god's are kind.

D****T!  All this rain is pouring just about 1 to 3 miles south of me. 

Thunder, lightning, really dark clouds. 

It's been doing it for over an hour.

C'MON !!

We lost the heating and everything simply pooped out 

one pathetic little storm about 2 miles across didn't have enough mojo to make it.

Arrrrgh!

No rain here in 3+ weeks. After a 7 week deluge with about 2 feet of rain falling over that span.

This climate is bipolar. Back into the 90s now, but not nearly as humid as last week.

Looks like i might get lucky today! ....no, not that way......

We have thunderstorms moving SW to NW. Our usual flow for a change from the east to west we've had.

Thunderstorm to my SW and NW.

87*

Dewpoint 75*

Humidity 53%.

Thundering, nice storm clouds. Such a nice change from the blistering sun, but I still haven't seen rain.

Lower humidity making a huge difference here today.

It’s 95 degrees outside, but you barely feel it with the dewpoint down at 67 degrees. Feels like a desert compared to a week ago. Very tolerable.

Sprinkles.

Another chance tomorrow.

Came close again today but no dice. It gave a Dallas area 2.20".

I'd share.

More scattered showers expected today over North Texas.

Owing to my bad luck in getting rain, I may be driving to get under one.

Only a 30% chance or rain today.

High expected to be 95*.

Currently 74*. Dewpoint 69*

Low 90s today with even lower humidity today. Unusual combo for here, but I’ll take it!

Actually pretty nice outside right now.

We got nada.......show's over probably till Hurricanes.

It tried again this afternoon.  Rain to my SE Nice thunder, and a good deal of lightning.

It got within .30 mi from me and petered out.  Trying again as I write, but it just can't make that last .50 miles. 

Slight chance of rain tomorrow. If it fails...lol. if, right, it's over.

Heat dome will be back Saturday with 100-101*   >_

It tried again this afternoon.  Rain to my SE Nice thunder, and a good deal of lightning.

It got within .30 mi from me and petered out.  Trying again as I write, but it just can't make that last .50 miles. 

Slight chance of rain tomorrow. If it fails...lol. if, right, it's over.

Heat dome will be back Saturday with 100-101*   >_

the storms just don't like your location this year Andie :lol:
  • Like 1

Really drying out here now. No rain in several weeks and that doesn’t look to change in the near future.

Really racking up the 90+ days too. Might finish the month with over 30 days above 90*F on the year. Should easily pass 40 this year, and will likely approach 50 when it’s all said and done.

Well defined bay breeze (AKA dewpoint bomb) this evening.

Was a low humidity day, but the 10*F spike was definitely noticeable.

oPO0cbV.jpg

hYuEki5.png

African dust is making its way back to Texas just in time for the heat dome to return.

Temps will be back to 101* and the air quality will be bad.

Now I know how Lawrence of Arabia must have felt. Sunsets will be a lovely red however.

In Dubai after spending a day in Istanbul. It’s supposed to be 48c° Aka 108f° And face melting humidity.

In terms of summer heat/humidity, Dubai makes DC feel like Seattle, and Seattle feel like Anchorage. Worst humidity on planet Earth there.

Good luck!

In Dubai after spending a day in Istanbul. It’s supposed to be 48c° Aka 108f° And face melting humidity.

I'll be basking in a little of that this week as we'll see 103* for a week, African dust, and high humidity. ( probably not a breath of breeze )

I'll feel like a steamed Swiss sausage. Pass the hot mustard please !!

Big league microburst blasted through at ~ 415pm today.

Was sunny, 95 degrees, and pretty humid with a heat index sitting around 105 degrees, then out of nowhere the sky just unloads with rain, hail, and winds around 70mph. Blew furniture around, tossed tree debris everywhere, and dropped temperatures into the mid-70s in the blink of an eye.

Then, after a few minutes, it was over. Crazy stuff. Now sitting at 76/75, with a thick haze and some residual high clouds from anvil blowoff.

• Like 1

Big league microburst blasted through at ~ 415pm today.

Was sunny, 95 degrees, and pretty humid with a heat index sitting around 105 degrees, then out of nowhere the sky just unloads with rain, hail, and winds around 70mph. Blew furniture around, tossed tree debris everywhere, and dropped temperatures into the mid-70s in the blink of an eye.

Then, after a few minutes, it was over. Crazy stuff. Now sitting at 76/75, with a thick haze and some residual high clouds from anvil blowoff.

these just popped up literary out of no where radar had no storms then red pop out of no where likey a boundary of some sort spark these off could have been a bay breezes boundary or a boundary from earlier convection.have to love summer in these parts where storms can pop up right over your head with out much warning :lol:
  • Like 1

these just popped up literary out of no where radar had no storms then red pop out of no where likey a boundary of some sort spark these off could have been a bay breezes boundary or a boundary from earlier convection.have to love summer in these parts where storms can pop up right over your head with out much warning :lol:

At least it finally rained again. We needed it badly..soil soaked it right up.

Hopefully we get more tomorrow.

• Like 1

Any thoughts looking ahead to hurricane season in the Atlantic and Gulf ?

Wow..........

93* at 9 am

High expected to be 105*.........Tomorrow 107*.

Dewpoint 71*

Humidity 50%

No one addressed my hurricane question..........Any takers ?