East and Gulf Coast Weather 2018

Phil

We hit 106* today.

They are forecasting 108*-110* between tomorrow and Monday.

All Tickets to hell have been cancelled as it has come to us.

FF5C87BF-7A03-4E4B-85D8-7F295C013A24-6568-000011A94B5F4FAB.jpeg

Tomorrow will be ramped up more to excessive heat.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/2018/07/19/texas-smashes-1925-heat-record-as-power-prices-surge-on-demand

Texas smashed its 1925 heat record today.

We’ll see 110* this weekend. After Monday the High will move westward and we’ll return to summer norms.

Hurrah!

Infrared temps on sidewalks were 136*.

Amazing even for us.

Holy fritters, Batman!

110*

No dewpoint registered

Humidity 17%............screw what they say about "dry heat".  It's hot.

Tomorrow is a repeat.  :huh:

• Like 1

so true it's Amazing what a few weeks period of hot and dry weather this time of year how fast things can dry out we went from all out heavy rains for a few weeks to nothing.

mother nature is amazing we went from flooding may and june to nothing for a few weeks now we are about to get a region wide 3 to 6 inches rain event :lol:

Sorry about your heat in Oklahoma. That's a major heat index.

I must say, we are really stacking up the heat!

Another day at 110*.

Any ideas if this is the last of this, or do we get the pleasure of more in the future ?

Edit: We're at 110*. Feels like 115* at 4:15pm

Hopefully this will move off beginning tomorrow.

• Like 1

Back to relative norms. High 90's. Higher humidity.

The past 10 days almost wrecked North Texas in terms of plants and water/electrical consumption.

We can do hot, but 104*+ long term is brutal.

My high was unofficially 113*

106* today. 100* at 7pm.

Cool rain! OMG!

That would be Nirvana. Everyone is getting so exhausted from all this heat.

You just can't recover from it.

And it's only the 3rd week of July! :lol:

102*  Feels like 107*

Overcast, looks like it could rain any minute but it won't.

Monday night late we'll have a 50% chance of rain. Temps will drop to 93* - a cold front.

Next week should stay in the mid 90's till Friday and it's back to 100*

We've had worse summers, but this is still one for the books.

Fall.......are we there yet?

102*

Feel like 109*.

'nuff said.

101* this afternoon.

However, tomorrow will be 93* and a 50% chance of rain after 8-9 pm Monday. Nice front.

Temps will be in the low 90's Mon-Wed. Then slowly rise again.

Hurray! Finally.

It's 87* this morning with a 64* dewpoint and 66% humidity.

Cool front to my NW with lots of rain there.

60% chance of rain through tomorrow.

This is NICE.

Low,of 68*.

It's 78*. Currently. Gorgeous morning.

Dewpoint 63*

Light breeze. Just perfect. Headed for 92*. Nice summmer day For us

Out of the 100's.......for now

Hot.

:(

Back in the swamp after a 3 week excursion out west.

A muggy 91/77 this afternoon before a garden-variety thunderstorm rolled in around 3pm. Dumped 1/2” of rain on 30mph winds. A few decent lightning strikes too.

• Like 1

At least it's rain Phil!

We have 3 days with chances of rain and temps 90-93. Joy!

Thursday's should give us a 60% chance of real live rain.

• Like 1

You know you’re into the dog days of summer when dewpoints are still hovering around 70*F after a cold frontal passage.

At least the heat index is 95*F instead of 105*F. Pretty much all you can ask for on a sunny, early-August day around these parts.

It’s spooky how still/stagnant the air is at this time of year.

Nothing moves. Loud insects all day and night. Nobody is in town..traffic is light. Haze and wildfire smoke turns the sky white and the moon orange. It’s a foreboding feeling.

Some of us are reeling asking if anyone got the number of that bus!

Heavy storm just rolled over us. The full treatment.

High winds, broken tree limbs. It blew east to west, then 10 minutes later blew west to east.

A lot of lightning, received 1.6" rain in a half hour

Currently 71*,

Dewpoint 67*

Humidity 90%

At 6:30 we still have lightning 0.5 mi from us. Storm cell is moving south.

Wow, this was a welcomed storm. We desperately needed the rain.

More in the forecast through Monday

Best chance is Sunday at 60%, but I'll take that!

A wonderful, slow "winter rain" as we call it here.  We've received 1.34" as of 3:30. More to come today and through Monday. 

That's 3" so far.  Sweet. 

The front backed up this morning and brought us this gift and the Low is circling just a little south of me. 

Everyone is just giddy over all this rain.  I looked out the back windows and two men were playing golf in it. Drenched, but happy.

.92" of rain today. This is just awesome.

More expected tomorrow.

It's 86 and overcast. Practically Spring!

We have rain to our south moving NE and we could see more, I hope. 80% chance tonight and tomorrow.

I hope it pours! We need it in the lakes and frankly I'll be glad to see things soaked. September is usually dry unless more weirdness is in the forecast.

1.40" today. Loads of lightning, power outages, and heavy downpours.

Not sure of exact totals as everyone's weatherstations were Blink's today but I think we finished up with around 3.50".

Really nice. We'll have about 5 days in the low 90's before 3 days in the high 90's, then it drops to the low 90's.

Maybe....maybe the 100* + is done? Won't hold my breath.

Only a trace of rain today. This was a wonderful break.

Going into Sept. soon, we could see a hurricane so more tropical rain ?

Another warm, humid day in SE GA. Currently 85/81 here on the beach with a nice 25mph sea breeze and some convective towers developing just inland.