2019 California and Southwest Weather Discussion Thread

Thunder98

Looks like California won't pass year round Daylight Saving Time even though they voted for it, and year round standard time would suck, especially this time of year when we have our nicest weather, so why not just move us to year round Mountain Standard Time like Arizona. Or split us into 2 states and have the southern half go to year round Mountain Standard Time with the northern half on year round Pacific Standard Time.

I'll be out of the state by the time offshore flow peaks on Tuesday. Looks like we won't have any precipitation at all this month.

I like the wording used by the NWS in their latest forecast discussion:

(...) So by next weekend, a shift to onshore flow and cooler weather seems reasonable, beyond that into next week is pure speculation. 

I'll be out of the state by the time offshore flow peaks on Tuesday. Looks like we won't have any precipitation at all this month.

I like the wording used by the NWS in their latest forecast discussion:

You will be missed. I hope everything goes well for you.

Meanwhile this thread will become even more inactive. Dan the Weatherman has not posted here in ages. Maybe a post from Thunder98 once a week.

I guess I will need to intrude even more into the PNW discussion now. Hopefully something interesting starts to happen here soon.

• Like 1

Meanwhile this thread will become even more inactive. Dan the Weatherman has not posted here in ages. Maybe a post from Thunder98 once a week.

I guess I will need to intrude even more into the PNW discussion now. Hopefully something interesting starts to happen here soon.

Not intruding! More the merrier.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Thank you Mr Marine Layer, I will miss contributing to here as well. Good news is that I have made arrangements to keep my weather station active while I'm gone (through a family member), and I will return briefly around Christmas. I wonder what my season total will be at that time. Hopefully it rains while I'm in town.

Sure went from bone dry to a deep marine layer quickly here. Also you can see the smoke from the Kincade Fire drifting out over the ocean until it hits the onshore flow further south and turns back towards the land.

Looks like most of the marine layer should be gone by sunrise tomorrow if not earlier.