Too Cool Not to Post. This Is An Amazing Finding

As a Psychology major this absolutely blows me away. Even the scientistists are amazed.

https://www.sciencealert.com/neuroscientists-say-they-ve-found-an-entirely-new-form-of-neural-communication

Scientists think they've identified a previously unknown form of neural communication that self-propagates across brain tissue, and can leap wirelessly from neurons in one section of brain tissue to another – even if they've been surgically severed.

"To ensure that the slice was completely cut, the two pieces of tissue were separated and then rejoined while a clear gap was observed under the surgical microscope," the authors explain in their paper.

"The slow hippocampal periodic activity could indeed generate an event on the other side of a complete cut through the whole slice."

"It was a jaw-dropping moment," Durand says, "for us and for every scientist we told about this so far."

And

Slow periodic activity in the longitudinal hippocampal slice can self‐propagate non‐synaptically by a mechanism consistent with ephaptic coupling

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1113/JP276904

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

Pondering this. The nerd in me wonders if there's any quantum relationship here?

I may be pushing that idea a bit and perhaps there's an electrical field between these nerves that we either can not or have not measured yet, but I'm amazed and very curious as to what the mechanism is that makes this possible.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neurons can transmit without physical contact? That is mind boggling. How is that possible?

That's the mystery. Hopefully reasearch will establish the real science behind this.

It's fun to speculate though.

• 2 weeks later...