3/2 - 3/3 Heartland Winter Storm

Tom

Short range models look to inch the 2nd wave tonight a little further north. More love for locations I80 and south. Still really good for Kansas over to KC and @Clinton. Let’s see if it can overproduce also for other Nebraskans in here. Quite a winter wonderland here with previous snow and new snow. Even now getting some minor drifting as wind picks up and the snow is so light.

• Like 2

Short range models look to inch the 2nd wave tonight a little further north. More love for locations I80 and south. Still really good for Kansas over to KC and @Clinton. Let’s see if it can overproduce also for other Nebraskans in here. Quite a winter wonderland here with previous snow and new snow. Even now getting some minor drifting as wind picks up and the snow is so light.

The Rap gives most of Nebraska and looks good on the vort in S. Kansas as it moves by me.

snku_acc.conus.png

The Rap gives most of Nebraska and looks good on the vort in S. Kansas as it moves by me.

snku_acc.conus.png

Thanks for posting this. Looks really good for your area. My brother in Shawnee doesn’t have a snow blower and said he is sick of scooping. I may get some decent amounts from the 2nd wave. Such a surprising day. Models didn’t handle the 1st wave snow band well at all. I’m sure there will be some changes as wave 2 approaches.

• Like 1

Good sized flakes have been coming down for the past 30 or so minutes. I'm not sure why it is having such a hard time accumulating. Still just a dusting. There's not much wind so that's not the reason. 16.5*F.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Here comes round 2 snow. Hoping for 3” or more. Along the border is golden it looks like. We are 30 miles north of Kansas border. It is blowing quite a bit, so the new snow and previous snow will easily drift overnight into Sunday. I could end the weekend with 6” or maybe more combining the separate waves. Not bad.

• Like 2

Here comes round 2 snow. Hoping for 3” or more. Along the border is golden it looks like. We are 30 miles north of Kansas border. It is blowing quite a bit, so the new snow and previous snow will easily drift overnight into Sunday. I could end the weekend with 6” or maybe more combining the separate waves. Not bad.

Thats fantastic.  Radar looking good, we should cash in.

Omg in the bottoms the roads are just so icy everywhere. Drunk people are falling left and right and I almost fell like 5 times

Weird. Drove back home from the ice box about an hour and a half ago and everything was fine. The temps have dropped though so I guess everything has frozen over since then.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

As it becomes more light out I would guess about 2 inches has fallen.  Looking at the radar there looks to be a nice heavy band developing south of Topeka stretching back to Salina so my hopes for a 5 to 6 inch snow are still alive.  This baby is flying though!

You southeast Nebraska snow-dome guys have more snow this season than we do over here.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

You southeast Nebraska snow-dome guys have more snow this season than we do over here.

Yeah hopefully this is the start of a good stretch of Winters. Usually when we have one we have more.

I think we're done with any appreciable accumulations for the rest of the season. Obviously March and April could bring a couple stat-padders, but the pattern looks to be more climo-favored in the coming weeks and here that means rain. I think the snow in next weekend's storm will stay North of us and we may get some on the backside.

• Like 1