April 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

Omegaraptor

Should like the cold, raw days where anything on the inside half of the plate was liable to shatter the hands of the hitter!!

Those were probably the days I did the best, but I didn't really like it. Back in the day I was a huge warm weather fan.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

Pouring rain here now... but I am sure its not really happening since I don't have a weather station and its not raining at Andrew's house.   ;)

Maybe a video would be evidence?

A very wet April in my area compared to normal continues... as expected.   Not complaining.   Just reporting.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Pouring rain here now... but I am sure its not really happening since I don't have a weather station and its not raining at Andrew's house.   ;)

A very wet April in my area compared to normal continues... as expected.   Not complaining.   Just reporting.

Please post a video. I'd love to see the downpour that Washington County isn't getting in typical Washington County fashion. Of course we aren't going to have one until late October anyway.

Why don't you have a weather station like everyone else yet?

I dont know what that is but I have one that shows me all the rain accumulation for everyday and every month.

So its not online so other people can view it?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

If someone could inform me on how to link my station so it can be viewed online I'd be pleased. Nothing to hide here.

I don't think anyone will care about a weather station I buy unless they can view it online.   

I don't think anyone will care about a weather station I buy unless they can view it online.

You could finally report exact numbers and even show pictures of them if questioned. Nobody here really thinks you're a liar, but as much as we hear about that special microclimate it's sheer curiosity that makes us want the raw numbers.

You could finally report exact numbers and even show pictures of them if questioned. Nobody here really thinks you're a liar, but as much as we hear about that special microclimate it's sheer curiosity that makes us want the raw numbers.

It could be easily manipulated though... so it would just result in more endless BS based on my experience with several people here.    Phil trolls me over actual WRCC stations.    :lol:

It could be easily manipulated though... so it would just result in more endless BS based on my experience with several people here.    Phil trolls me over actual WRCC stations.    :lol:

The fact that you're so reluctant to do it seems a bit fishy to me at this point. Seems like you're using the trolling thing as an excuse. Why're you so easy to just give in to a troll?

Just do it please so we can know more about that microclimate. Nobody(even phil) thinks you're lying.

• Like 1

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/2028-most-infuriating-weather-event/

A forum for the end of the world.

The fact that you're so reluctant to do it seems a bit fishy to me at this point. Seems like you're using the trolling thing as an excuse. Why're you so easy to just give in to a troll?

Just do it please so we can know more about that microclimate. Nobody(even phil) thinks you're lying.

Fishy?

We have a thermometer outside and a standard 5-inch yellow rain gauge.   If I care about a specific rain event then I will empty the gauge and track it.   I usually only do that in the summer to determine watering needs.  

And there are weather stations all around me online... just like everywhere else.

Fishy?

We have a thermometer outside and a standard 5-inch yellow rain gauge.   If I care about a specific rain event then I will empty the gauge and track it.   I usually only do that in the summer to determine watering needs.  

And there are weather stations all around me online... just like everywhere else.

Well the accusations will only continue since you're unwilling to get a station. The beat rolls on.

Well the accusations will only continue since you're unwilling to get a station. The beat rolls on.

Its irrelevant... happens either way.    I could also empty my rain gauge every day and keep track of it in Excel.   But there are stations all around me tracking rainfall so that seems like too much work to prove that its really wet.  

So far the persistent April rain hasn’t bothered me too much. It is getting to be that time of year where I don’t mind the rain as much as it is warmer and has a more summer rain feel. Took the kids out in the rain today and was nice even though we were all wet nobody was suffering from hypothermia:)

So far the persistent April rain hasn’t bothered me too much. It is getting to be that time of year where I don’t mind the rain as much as it is warmer and has a more summer rain feel. Took the kids out in the rain today and was nice even though we were all wet nobody was suffering from hypothermia:)

Blasphemy. April rain is devastatingly depressing.

A forum for the end of the world.

One melts snow and the other is really nice. Those are blessings my friend!

I would take 33 deg rain any day over the hot smoke. At least there is mountain snowpack for the 33 deg rain. I love our climate but if I could change anything it would be the following: More snow in the winter, more thunderstorms in the spring and summer, and more heavy rain days with less light rain days.
  • Like 1

I should add 33 deg rain is all about perspective. The “what could have been if it were just a few degrees colder” emotions tend to overwhelm the enjoyment of a cold rainy day while sitting inside or walking outside and just enjoying it. Continual 30s and rain can also affect the enjoyment after a while:)

I would take 33 deg rain any day over the hot smoke. At least there is mountain snowpack for the 33 deg rain. I love our climate but if I could change anything it would be the following: More snow in the winter, more thunderstorms in the spring and summer, and more heavy rain days with less light rain days.

This is correct. If it's 33ºF and raining, there's a good chance that there's an impressive cold front coming into the PNW. In this case, the mountain snow is very good for skiers and snowboarders. Remember, cold front = lower moisture content snow.

Freezing rain, on the other hand, is just awful.

00z GFS shows a chillier solution than 12z and 18z, but not nearly as chilly as the models from two days ago. It shows a strong cold front start to enter the PNW but then it goes east. Assuming this verifies, western OR/WA won't see any massive cold anomalies, but eastern OR/WA will.

Unless we get another summer Windstorm like 8/29/15, Probably going to have to wait 7 months or so.

I was at Sun Lakes enjoying some great waves that day. Came home to a hell of a mess and no power on the 30th.

B4728386-27B0-41A6-AD4A-DCAA7D3D0AA7.jpeg

221F0807-CE5A-406A-8B89-F7ED889001C5.jpeg

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

More of a direct hit up here on the 00Z ECMWF... as opposed to clipping us.  

ecmwf-z500a-namer-6.png

But it does scour out the low level moisture pretty well...

ecmwf-tcloud-nw-21.png

SEA and PDX each get .01 total with that trough from Friday - Sunday per the 00Z ECMWF.

Maybe .10 or .15 out here... mainly Saturday afternoon.