June 2019 Weather Discussion in the PNW

60 and mostly sunny out. Had some showers earlier but nothing in the last 45 minutes. Has also been fairly breezy this evening. Definitely does look like a small intense cell moving NE right along Highway 18.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Shower activity has mostly ceased across Western WA outside of that stronger cell moving NE along highway 18 currently near fall city and a few showers to the east of Bellingham and Mt.Vernon. Beautiful evening here down to 57 degrees.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Looks like next week’s warm up may be followed by a cool down. Stay tuned!

Hopefully we don’t have any major heatwaves this summer but even if this summer is a cooler than average summer overall we are going to have to deal with some heat at one point or another.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Hopefully we don’t have any major heatwaves this summer but even if this summer is a cooler than average summer overall we are going to have to deal with some heat at one point or another.

Heatwaves make this board a little more interesting in the summer. Brings the traffic up.

Heatwaves make this board a little more interesting in the summer. Brings the traffic up.

mostly irritation with the heat I presume lol.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

I enjoy a nice heatwave! A 2009 repeat would be fun!

we hit 103 degrees here on July 29th 2009. The hottest day I’ve seen in my lifetime in Tacoma. I don’t care much for days when the thermometer goes above 85. Just too hot for me in my opinion but whatever the weather gives us we have to deal with it!
  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Temps on the models? Still looking like possible triple digits for the valley on Tuesday?

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

53 with some high clouds.  Nice pleasant and cool night.  Might drop to the high 40s.  :)

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

Not as quick of a cooldown either. Very favourable.

00Z EPS was even less impressive with the cool down. 

Day 7...

eps-t850a-noram-29.png

Day 10...

eps-t850a-noram-41.png

Day 12...

eps-t850a-noram-49.png

Right through day 15 actually.   

It would be really nice to get 1-2 inches of rain here over the next couple days.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Day 7...

eps-t850a-noram-29.png

Day 10...

eps-t850a-noram-41.png

Day 12...

eps-t850a-noram-49.png

It would be really nice to get 1-2 inches of rain here over the next couple days.

Do you think we will get much the next few days? Got zero yesterday and it’s currently mostly sunny at the moment. Just got done washing my truck and continued to get the boat cleaned up for E Wa!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Do you think we will get much the next few days? Got zero yesterday and it’s currently mostly sunny at the moment. Just got done washing my truck and continued to get the boat cleaned up for E Wa!

According to the 00Z ECMWF... you and I could get over an inch of rain by Saturday morning.   Less in Seattle and very little down in Portland and south through the Willamette Valley.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

51 and mostly cloudy here this morning. Some decent cells out along the coast but doesn’t look like there moving into the interior much.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Low of 41 here this morning. Pretty chilly!

the past 2 night time lows here have been in the upper 40s which is cool for early June. Good chance we only hit the mid to upper 50s on Friday it’s a fairly cool airmass dropping in with this system.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

How far does the eps go out to only 15 days? Or is there a monthy forecast like the ecwf brett anderson posts?

EPS runs twice a day... 12Z and 00Z runs.    Goes out 15 days each run.

There is a monthly run every few days as well... actually goes out 46 days. But its all a crapshoot beyond 10-15 days.

According to the 00Z ECMWF... you and I could get over an inch of rain by Saturday morning. Less in Seattle and very little down in Portland and south through the Willamette Valley.

Good!

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

There were some lows in the 20s in the central BC interior this morning. Clinton dropped to at least 26F in the hourly obs.

Probably still a raging inferno up there though... the place burns through every type of weather.   It was meant to perpetually burn.    :unsure:

Any records?

Low of 48 here this morning.

Clinton should be a record. I think their data is a bit hit and miss but the 26F is well below the record for their 1973-2014 period. Environment Canada will usually issue a summary later in the day if there was more than one or two sporadic records. I’ll try to remember to check later.
  • Like 1

Clinton should be a record. I think their data is a bit hit and miss but the 26F is well below the record for their 1973-2014 period. Environment Canada will usually issue a summary later in the day if there was more than one or two sporadic records. I’ll try to remember to check later.

Thanks. The climate in the interior up there has always interested me.

Probably still a raging inferno up there though... the place burns through every type of weather. It was meant to perpetually burn. :unsure:

Not at all, the dryness has been centered further north this year and much of last year. 2018 wasn’t a bad fire season in the Cariboo.

Tuesday is going to be a scorcher. Some places especially south of Seattle in Western WA will probably see their first 90 of the year. Looks like it cools down Wednesday. Definitely will be in the mid 80s for a lot of places.

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Not at all, the dryness has been centered further north this year and much of last year. 2018 wasn’t a bad fire season in the Cariboo.

I am being sarcastic of course... just seems like fires are always happening in western Canada and making a mess for us.

Day 7...

eps-t850a-noram-29.png

Day 10...

eps-t850a-noram-41.png

Day 12...

eps-t850a-noram-49.png

Does the eps show riding at the end of the month or do we go into a troughy period? I know its a crap shoot but  a long time ago back in 2008 the gfs nailed the cold spell. Models can work long range at lelast once in awhile.

Does the eps show riding at the end of the month or do we go into a troughy period? I know its a crap shoot but  a long time ago back in 2008 the gfs nailed the cold spell. Models can work long range at lelast once in awhile.

The 00Z EPS went out through 6/20... which was 15 days from yesterday.

FWIW... and its not worth much... here is the latest ECMWF weeklies at day 25 which is during the last week of June.

Those hour 600 maps are always reliable.    :rolleyes:

eps-m-t850a-noram-51.png

FWIW... and its not worth much... here is the latest ECMWF weeklies at day 25 which is during the last week of June.

Those hour 600 maps are always reliable.    :rolleyes:

eps-m-t850a-noram-51.png

Back in late February/early March the GFS past 240 started showing warmth. I was so sick of cold anomalies I posted them anyway and started banking on it happening.

What do you know, the March heat wave happened.