Titan Moon, Atmosphere and Rain Showers

There is no doubt Huygens landed in a stream bed. Instruments onboard detected a methane gas plume at landing. The gif. below is comprised of all images taken at landing. It is the result of years of computer sharpness inhancement. It is now thought that Huygens indeed landed in liguid methane. The images suggest Huygens landed just at the shore of a shallow flow. The bright spot is from the onboard spotlight. Definite changes in surface characteristics at the shore are visible. Nevertheless, a great landing sequence.

FemaleNiceFairybluebird-max-1mb.gif

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

First, grayscale visible spectrum animation of Titan's North Polar Vortex. Second unknown spectrum enhanced still image. It is thought this long duration seasonal storm supplies most of Titan's Great Lakes.

extendedwint.gif

Vortex_on_saturn's_moon_titan.png

A Navy Chief said, "Never change your forecast. That way you can only be wrong once."

New Cassini data analysis has revealed 3000 mile long lava flows. These are not basalt, they are water. This feature is presented as a blue band in the first image. Water is left behind after unstable volatiles have escaped.

Second image is an actual cryovolcano on titans surface.

010-titan-ice-corridor-1.jpg

download (4).jpg

I always find the color of the skies on other planetary bodies fascinating. When I see blue here and on Mars, I am reassured just how connected we are to our solar system. They really aren't foreign bodies, they're just extensions of our world.

A big back yard. :)

The sunny blue sky of Titan is not much talked about, but it exist. Cassini dropped the Huygens lander into Titan's atmosphere. This image was captured just above the haze layer.

attachicon.gifTitan_110km.jpg

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

I always find the color of the skies on other planetary bodies fascinating. When I see blue here and on Mars, I am reassured just how connected we are to our solar system. They really aren't foreign bodies, they're just extensions of our world.

A big back yard. :)

Yes indeed. The big three Earth, Titan and Pluto have predominately nitrogen atmospheres. They all posses a unique beauty of their own. What is a volatile on Earth, is a mineral on Titan. Both Mars and Titan have microclimates were some hardy microbes might make a living. This fact along with the familiar blue sky brings everything together. All part of one solar system and Universe.

Good to hear from you sister....

• Like 1

What would we see if we were on the surface of Titan. Because no one has been there we turn to artistic concepts. Of all I have seen, this one looks close. It looks, atleast, atmospherically correct.

image_4742_1-Titan-Electric-Sands.jpg

• Like 1

WxMA,

I'd like to invite you to read and contribute to our newest thread on climate and earth dynamics.

Your knowledge and love for the planet as a living body will be an interesting addition.

Mostly, we're discussing the current "collision" of major events in weather, climate, volcanism, and planetary events. It is becoming clear to us on this forum that we are headed to a new phase in the earth's existance.

http://theweatherforums.com/index.php/topic/2070-rise-in-stochastic-events/

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*