Wait! Wait! Kangaroos Hopping in Australian Snow?

Yup! Rare snow in New South Wales. They look like they might be enjoying it.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• 4 months later...

So this would be like April for them, correct?

Disgracefully wrong! August here, is the equivalent of February where you lot are located; late winter.

Furthermore, that "kangaroos hopping in snow" codswallop was taken near Crookwell, NSW (900 m AMSL; 34.5° S), which regularly sees snowfall from June to August; too, it lay prone to particularly heavy snowfalls, owing to its excellent exposure to south-westerly upwinds astride the Southern Tablelands regional. Mind you, in South-Western NSW, many towns above 700 m AMSL regularly receive snowfall, with the >1,000 m towns (such as mine [Anglers Reach]) receiving heavy dumps frequently.

The BBC has committed climatological fraud, as usual; the plonkers are downright numpties regarding Australian climate.

• Like 1

Welcome! Adaminaby Angler. I went to you Country about 25 yrs ago. Really enjoyed my stay. Wonderful people and country.

I'm so very saddened to read of the fires that are wrecking your country and animals. I'd be interested in your perspective and insights.

Welcome, we're really not so bad, and get along well despite differences of opinions in science.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• 2 weeks later...

Disgracefully wrong! August here, is the equivalent of February where you lot are located; late winter.

Furthermore, that "kangaroos hopping in snow" codswallop was taken near Crookwell, NSW (900 m AMSL; 34.5° S), which regularly sees snowfall from June to August; too, it lay prone to particularly heavy snowfalls, owing to its excellent exposure to south-westerly upwinds astride the Southern Tablelands regional. Mind you, in South-Western NSW, many towns above 700 m AMSL regularly receive snowfall, with the >1,000 m towns (such as mine [Anglers Reach]) receiving heavy dumps frequently.

The BBC has committed climatological fraud, as usual; the plonkers are downright numpties regarding Australian climate.

I miscounted the months.

You folks are going through a lot of what the central US (Oklahoma/TX) experienced after our amazingly cold and snowy 2009-10 and 2010-11.

Extremes one way in one place are always balanced by another extreme. Climatologists and liars try to substitute Newton's 3rd scientific law of physics with a theory. It goes against everything these scientific consensus idiots try to sell the world.