Huge temperature drop

Scott

It's that time of year for rollercoaster weather.

This is highly abnormal for this early though.  I think the people who theorized very low solar activity causes a more amplified regime are being proven correct.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

This is highly abnormal for this early though.  I think the people who theorized very low solar activity causes a more amplified regime are being proven correct.

Any idea what solar activity was like in November 2014? This event is pretty reminiscent of that, albeit not as cold since we're barely into the month of October!

I think the most impressive temp crash I've seen is still Dec 2008. Went from mid 50s in early afternoon to around 0 early the next morning.

Also seen 24 drops from near 70 to around 20 on several occasions.

Never happens here in the fall, but we’ve had a few nasty plunges from the 60s/low 70s to teens/20s in recent years with frontal passages in the late winter/early spring timeframe. Usually Feb-Apr is the most volatile.

Any idea what solar activity was like in November 2014? This event is pretty reminiscent of that, albeit not as cold since we're barely into the month of October!

It was much higher then.  That was an impressive event for sure.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2023-24 stats

Total Snowfall = 1.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 1

Total Hail = 0.0

Total Ice = 0.2

Coldest Low = 13

Lows 32 or below = 45

Highs 32 or below = 3

Lows 20 or below = 3

Highs 40 or below = 9

Just read about a 20 degree drop in 25 minutes in Great Falls, Montana.

Also seeing snowfall in Aspen.  We were just there last week, as we went through several Colorado towns on our trip.  Loved it, fall colors were great, especially in Crested Butte and in the Aspen area.  I can see why so many people want to move there.  I would have to win the lottery to move there, though I live in a great place now.  We will be going back there for vacations though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...