Part I - January 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

12Z GFS is way faster with the low on the Sunday... its in central WA already by 4 p.m.

That is probably a secondary low... as its still raining up to about Mount Vernon.    

But Bellingham is being buried at that time... 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_nwus_10.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12Z GFS is way faster with the low on the Sunday... its in central WA already by 4 p.m.

That is probably a secondary low... as its still raining up to about Mount Vernon.    

But Bellingham is being buried at that time... 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_nwus_10.png

Be nice to see the time frame between 66 and 72.

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

I have to figure out if I can stream the game somehow.    There is no chance my DirectTV dish will be getting a signal on Sunday evening.

Do you not have any access to your dish?? If we didn't make a retractable pole with a brush on in it we would never get a signal 8 months of the year here. Our snow is obviously way drier so a lot of storms doesn't require any brushing since it just blows away but I'm surprised you can't rig something together to brush it off.

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Do you not have any access to your dish?? If we didn't make a retractable pole with a brush on in it we would never get a signal 8 months of the year here. Our snow is obviously way drier so a lot of storms doesn't require any brushing since it just blows away but I'm surprised you can't rig something together to brush it off.

There have been some subsequent posts on this since then... and dry snow with wind is usually not a problem.   But most of our snow is wetter and heavier.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

There have been some subsequent posts on this since then... and dry snow with wind is usually not a problem.   But most of our snow is wetter and heavier.

I see that now...go buy another light bulb changing pole! Our shoulder seasons bring plenty of wet snow so our 20ft pole with a brush taped to it gets plenty of use then!

• Like 2

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

No. The 516 line is a good 70 miles further souih at hr 96.

I was looking at 850mb temps... hard to tell a difference.

just woke up! Staying on that Oregon time!

We are an hour north of kona in Hawi!

Wow.   Been there many times and have done that hike at the end of the road down to that beach.   Its pretty wet and stormy up there compared to the west side.

There is not much in that town.   We always stop for ice cream there after the hike.   I remember my son dropping his entire ice cream upside side down in the middle of the road there when he was 9.     :)

just woke up! Staying on that Oregon time!

We are an hour north of kona in Hawi!

Playing any golf?

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Wow. Been there many times and have done that hike at the end of the road down to that beach. Its pretty wet and stormy up there compared to the west side.

There is not much in that town. We always stop for ice cream there after the hike. I remember my son dropping his entire ice cream upside side down in the middle of the road there when he was 9. :)

Yeah, we have some friends that let us use their extra house for 2 weeks. My whole family is here and our good friends love here. My first time here. It’s not any further from the good beaches than kona, we will check out that hike

Absolutely ridiculous shadowing on that midweek system.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

Yeah, we have some friends that let us use their extra house for 2 weeks. My whole family is here and our good friends love here. My first time here. It’s not any further from the good beaches than kona, we will check out that hike

Hapuna Beach? 

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Playing any golf?

there is a free 9 hole course here and clubs at the house so we will do it I’m sure, although it was like 25-35 sustained winds yesterday... my dad just retired so when he gets here Monday I know he is wanting to golf