What are some things that you have discovered about yourself during self quarantine

Niko

Looks like the "Ambassador Bridge" will remain closed for another month.

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

Gyms open up on the 25th of June. I don't think I will be going just yet. Also, I made my own gym in my home. I have almost every machine that I was using in the gym.

April 2024:

Gyms open up on the 25th of June. I don't think I will be going just yet. Also, I made my own gym in my home. I have almost every machine that I was using in the gym.

Well aren't you lucky! I love to avoid gyms anyway. They're dirty places.

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Well aren't you lucky! I love to avoid gyms anyway. They're dirty places.

Yes, they are dirty and some are too dirty. Tbh, b4 Covid hit, I remember when going to the gym and opening up a locker to put my stuff inside and could not believe my eyes. It was plain filthy. I had to look for a clean locker and good luck w that. Also, the bathrooms are gross as hell. The machines are also disgusting. For i.e., when I was headed for the treadmill to cooldown after my workout, sometimes the cup holder had pieces of old used napkins inside and sometimes I would find other stuff in there as well (so, there was noway I would put my water in there or phone), so very disappointed w that. Also, people who don't wipe down the machine once they are finished using it really pisses me off. I once got kicked out from the gym long time ago for creating a scene at some wanna be tough-guy who did not wipe down his machine. It was full of sweat. How the heck was I supposed  to workout on that afterwards. I was not going to used my towel on his sweat or wipe it down for him w a napkin.

Anyways, in conclusion, I decided during Covid lockdown, to build my own gym ( I think I mentioned it in one of my posts back in April) and be in a clean, environment while working out. I have bought a couple of machines from Amazon, which are pretty awesome. My favorite workout is pull-ups, so, that was the first one I got.  Still, have a few more to purchase and I should be all-set.

• Like 2

April 2024:

EU will not allow the United States to enter Greece so far in terms of flying there, as cases surge here in the south. I don't blame them. They are doing much better than us, why jack em all up.

April 2024:

Gov. Whitmer did not move MI to phase5. We remain at 4. Makes sense since cases have risen a little. Wear masks people so that we can move forward! It is very simple!!!

April 2024:

• 3 weeks later...

Masks are now mandatory by MI-Governor, everywhere you go. Good! Mask the f-up already and lets get rid of this pandemic! Cases are spiking up again.

Lets see how things will be in September in regards to schooling. If we go back to phase3, then, remote learning will happen, possibly even at Ph-4. A lot of parents aren't too thrilled about sending their kids back to school in the "Fall." I don't blame them.

• Like 1

April 2024:

I made the tough decision to not go out to bars for my 21st bday. I'll still have a good time hanging out with my roommates though. Lincoln mayor has made masks mandatory starting Monday. Just wear your dang masks people, it's just a minor inconvenience. I want this gone so I can party LOL. 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

I made the tough decision to not go out to bars for my 21st bday. I'll still have a good time hanging out with my roommates though. Lincoln mayor has made masks mandatory starting Monday. Just wear your dang masks people, it's just a minor inconvenience. I want this gone so I can party LOL. 

Smart guy! ;)

• Like 1

April 2024:

I am not a fan of masks as well guys, but I will wear my mask until we are in "Post Pandemic." It is all about respect to others and for your own safety as well.

"Mask up"

April 2024:

NYC is doing awesome in terms of Covid-19 cases, considering they were the epic center back in April, when 10,000 cases per day were occurring. Great job New Yorker's. Also, today NYC enters Phase 4! Very proud of my city.

April 2024:

NYC is doing awesome in terms of Covid-19 cases, considering they were the epic center back in April, when 10,000 cases per day were occurring. Great job New Yorker's. Also, today NYC enters Phase 4! Very proud of my city.

Maybe the virus was so widespread there that herd immunity has taken over.

• Like 1

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

I think this is the case. You cannot commend NY when them and NJ still account for the majority of American deaths. Especially when Cuomo knowingly sent COVID patients back into nursing homes. If anything, their response was the worst. I'm a bit tired of hearing NY get raved about.

It was hard for a city like NYC to prevent cases early on when nobody knew it was spreading, but their response once they knew what was happening was abysmal.

• Like 1

Formerly *ahem*: LNK_Weather, TOL_Weather, FAR_Weather, MSP_Weather, IMoveALot_Weather.

Who knows and whatever the case is, they (NYC) must be doing something right and by far, better than most of us. Although, cases are starting to rise there again, but not by much.

And first of all..WE are nowhere near a "Herd Immunity." Even in NY, we are at 20% at most towards a "Herd Immunity."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/herd-immunity-and-coronavirus/art-20486808

April 2024:

I think this is the case. You cannot commend NY when them and NJ still account for the majority of American deaths. Especially when Cuomo knowingly sent COVID patients back into nursing homes. If anything, their response was the worst. I'm a bit tired of hearing NY get raved about.

It was hard for a city like NYC to prevent cases early on when nobody knew it was spreading, but their response once they knew what was happening was abysmal.

What the heck was he supposed to do?? Their own families did not want to take care of them b4 Covid. Where was he supposed to put them (In high rise luxury apartments). You simply cannot say he did not do a great job! You should ask New Yorker's how we feel. I for one am grateful he was in charge of Covid in NYS. As of today, we are the lowest we have been, since this crap started..

April 2024:

What the heck was he supposed to do?? Their own families did not want to take care of them b4 Covid. Where was he supposed to put them (In high rise luxury apartments). You simply cannot say he did not do a great job! You should ask New Yorker's how we feel. I for one am grateful he was in charge of Covid in NYS. As of today, we are the lowest we have been, since this crap started..

Introducing known positive people into the most vulnerable population is a terrible way of handling it. In Pennsylvania, another state which used that practice, 80% of deaths were in assisted living facilities.

I'm sorry, the way NY handled this was horrible. The only reason it's not spreading now is because 25% of the population has gotten it.

• Like 1

Introducing known positive people into the most vulnerable population is a terrible way of handling it. In Pennsylvania, another state which used that practice, 80% of deaths were in assisted living facilities.

I'm sorry, the way NY handled this was horrible. The only reason it's not spreading now is because 25% of the population has gotten it.

Take a look down south in what is going on and how those idiots are handling this pandemic. If you asked me.."Horrible." No Comparison there!

The only reason it is not spreading ( or is being under controlled ) in NYC is because people are wearing masks and social distancing. It has nothing to do w population already getting it.

April 2024:

Take a look down south in what is going on and how those idiots are handling this pandemic. If you asked me.."Horrible." No Comparison there!

The only reason it is not spreading ( or is being under controlled ) in NYC is because people are wearing masks and social distancing. It has nothing to do w population already getting it.

Uhhhhh.... When at least 25% of the population (probably more with recent immunology studies) has immunity, that's going to lower the R0 value markedly.

I'm not going to blame NY for their response as that goes against everything I believe in, but I'm not going to commend them when they don't deserve it, either. NJ and NY have the 2 highest deaths/million in the country for a reason.

Uhhhhh.... When at least 25% of the population (probably more with recent immunology studies) has immunity, that's going to lower the R0 value markedly.

I'm not going to blame NY for their response as that goes against everything I believe in, but I'm not going to commend them when they don't deserve it, either. NJ and NY have the 2 highest deaths/million in the country for a reason.

Each has their own opinion

And why doesn't NY deserve it? They did a heck of a lot better than the southern states, which you haven't responded from previous post from above? Explain how FL, CAL, TX, AZ, and other parts of this country did better than NYS? Those are the horrible ones that you should not commend. This makes you look bad on your part.

Btw: Those governors down south were so stupid to open their eyes and see what was going on, and that is why the virus is winning now. Stupid Trump goes along w them. Again, they all made bad choices and that is why all of those people died. I.e., Trump was saying, "Oh, we have this under control. It is a hoax. It will go away. It will get killed by this Summer's heat." I mean, we have become a comedy to the world.

Anyways, I prefer not to discuss politics into this thread, as this is not the correct area to go at it and most of all, I tried not to get involved into politics on here as I come only to discuss weather. I'd rather not get sucked in, but I did. Back in my debates, I was a beast. So, I don't wanna go there. Looking forward to what you have to say in your response and that is it.

In conclusion, I will end it here and it is back to weather and what have you learn so far in this "Pandemic."

April 2024:

Gov. Cuomo for President 2024 WOOOhoooooooo!!!!

Hope he will decide to run!

April 2024:

What pisses me off is when people wear their masks beneath their nose (not covering the whole part of their nose). I mean, what is the purpose then. Such idiots, I swear. Some are so uneducated and useless to society.

• Like 1

April 2024:

I still have yet to hear a reasonable argument against wearing a mask right now. Some people legitimately think they are a government form of mind control.

That being said, I'm not going to wear it longer than needed.

• Like 2

I still have not gone for a haircut yet! I have no choice, but to slick it back, give it a wet look and jell it up a bit. Long enough for a ponytail? (Yes indeed) I look like a guy that would be in a "Mafia."

• Like 2

April 2024:

In a "Pandemic" now for nearly a half a year. Give or take that is. School year will be interesting to see what happens. Parents and teachers are very concern about returning and nobody can blame them. Even if all protocols are met, still, they are afraid about their kids safety and their own. What will the superintendents decide? Will the governors step in and advise "Remote Learning?" Well, lets first see what phase we will be in.

Also, "Election Day" is coming up. Will you vote by mail or in person? Will elections get delayed? Who knows. So many things that still remain unsolved in this "Pandemic."

April 2024:

Not sure which would be more harmful right now, misinstruction of students or covid. Obviously lack of education plays a huge part in the situation we are in currently, as it is.

I feel some days like I'm going to hear my phone or some other device say....

"John Spartan(insert my name), you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute—..."

And spit me out a ticket. Lol.

That's the way our world today has made me feel. Some pre-covid snowflake, political b.s. is a part of that as well, but hey, have a "joy-joy" kinda day.

• Like 1

During this Pandemic, how quickly do you think your valuable time has rolled on by, in comparison to normal....Slow, pretty normal or faster than usual!

April 2024:

During this Pandemic, how quickly do you think your valuable time has rolled on by, in comparison to normal....Slow, pretty normal or faster than usual!

Feels slower. More relaxed. Making sure I use my time for more productive things than I did 6 months ago and doing some necessary re-prioritizing in my life.

I still get bummed out and "stuck" feeling over this sometimes. As I go, though, I'm remembering some of the things I used to love and remembering that I still have the mind to do them. I'm okay with that. I'm glad it's slowed down a little, even if I complain some.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the big 10 cancellation. Well "postponement" to Spring I guess which probably won't happen either. If it did though, Jan/Feb games would be interesting weather wise....especially for Madison and MSP. 

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the big 10 cancellation. Well "postponement" to Spring I guess which probably won't happen either. If it did though, Jan/Feb games would be interesting weather wise....especially for Madison and MSP.

I'd be very surprised if a spring season happened for anyone. I do think that's when we'll see things finally getting back to normal, but I just simply don't know how the logistics would play out.

• Like 1

Poor Chicago having to deal w all of those looters and destroying peoples businesses. Shame on those losers! They should just shoot em all that tend to break in and destroy property. That should scare them away. The mayor of Chicago needs to do something quick and fast. She cannot allow this to continue. It is unacceptable. Period!!

• Like 2

April 2024:

• 2 weeks later...

Can you believe we are in September already, WOW, just WOW!. :o

• Like 1

April 2024:

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Chicago having to deal w all of those looters and destroying peoples businesses. Shame on those losers! They should just shoot em all that tend to break in and destroy property. That should scare them away. The mayor of Chicago needs to do something quick and fast. She cannot allow this to continue. It is unacceptable. Period!!

They're getting the reward for what they've built/allowed. Waaahhh!!!

• Like 2

• Niko changed the title to What are some things that you have discovered about yourself during self quarantine