June (July) 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

I was worried that we were going to be in the low 60’s here all afternoon...Thank god my area is back into the 50’s again...Sure dodged a summer bullet here...

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Best day of Summer yet in North Bend, 70F and filtered sun. Absolute perfection.

Local berry report:

Salmonberry season is ending this week, it was a great year.

Red Huckleberry season in full swing, huckleberries are plumper than normal and very tasty this year.

Blue huckleberry season seems to be slowing down, we’ve got our hidden spots in the woods to harvest so we’ve gorged on them for about a month now.

Thimbleberries should be ready by this week, my favorite wild berry. Deer love to eat the whole plants, so it’s a bit of a competition.

Wild strawberries are red, small, and sweet.

Dewberries are almost ready, love the tart kick. Always hurts to have to get rid of them in the yard but they crawl and strangle other plants.

Thimbleberries peaked here this week. Serviceberries/saskatoons just starting.

I need to get out to some revegetating clear cuts that looked promising for dewberries and blackcaps earlier this season (the plants were there, at least). Also, I was pleased to discover some blue elderberries blooming profusely not too far away, and am looking forward to making a harvest of those later this summer.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

Hit 71F today after a chilly low of 47F. A few light showers produced .02” of precip since around 4pm. 39.40” on the year, .77” for the month. Blood pressure 130/67, height 6’2”, weight 210lbs.

Wow much warmer than my place. Did you have sun earlier in the day? Clouded up here around 9am.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Tr at both SEA and OLM today.

Another washout weekend.

SEA was in the 60s this afternoon and cloudy with a SW gusting to 25 mph.    That is less than ideal for a July weekend.   Nobody ever said it was going to rain all weekend.   But we have had one weekend since May that was mostly sunny.    The weekends have definitely been cursed for those people who like sunny summer weekends.   That is just a fact.   Of course its more apparent when you actually live here.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

77 at Salem. A -4 departure.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

I had a high of 63!

Tuesday.   Boat.   Do it.

Have to plan ahead this summer.     Its rained on 24 out of the 40 days of summer so far here.     But there have been 16 wonderful days with no rain.     :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Particularly stoic evening out theres.

Planning around something you can't control is very stoic. Play with the hand your are dealt.

Lots of problems figuring out the ridge.

The GFS flipped flopped back to continuously cooler than average 850s and/or marine inversions thru D10.

Caved to the euro’s handling of the GOA s/w tonight as well. It’s a garbage model in and out. Total trash.

The GFS flipped flopped back to continuously cooler than average 850s and/or marine inversions thru D10.

Caved to the euro’s handling of the GOA s/w tonight as well. It’s a garbage model in and out. Total trash.

GFS is really close to climo overall.

GFS is really close to climo overall.

Was depicting a long-duration western/PNW heatwave only a few runs ago. Now it’s at/below normal thru D11.

Was depicting a long-duration western/PNW heatwave only a few runs ago. Now it’s at/below normal thru D11.

All the models have been erratic lately.     

Drizzle sunset paid off  .01 in the bucket and this beautiful rainbow tonight 

I noticed a clearing line to the west at sunset and was thinking there was probably some rainbows going on... nice pic.