June (July) 2020 Weather Discussion for the PNW

45 ain’t old. Most people don’t have the luxury of retiring at 40 after working at a marginally difficult job for just ten years anyway.

My dad is almost 60 and has worked a hard manual job since he was 18 that has messed up his back and hands. Still loves camping and the outdoors...in all weather.

That is fantastic for your dad! Also I have not retired...I work just as hard but with my true passion. Horrible I know.

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

ENSO is looking good. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

65 and sunny. I will enjoy a tolerable day while it lasts.

If it cleared up down there... then it cleared up here as well. The thick dark clouds out my window are just a mirage. Judge our response to our weather based on your weather. :)

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

That is fantastic for your dad! Also I have not retired...I work just as hard but with my true passion. Horrible I know.

Just saying man...count your blessings. It seems there is a lot in your life to be happy about for being so whiny about the weather in the beautiful area YOU chose to live in (a place where you also get way more snow than pretty much anyone else in the western lowlands on this forum) I think that’s what rubs so many the wrong way about you and your admittedly more grating counterpart here. Appreciate what you have, and that the climate is moving overwhelmingly in your favor in the long term, at least as far as warm seasons are concerned. :)

• Like 1

Just saying man...count your blessings. It seems there is a lot in your life to be happy about for being so whiny about the weather in the beautiful area YOU chose to live in (a place where you also get way more snow than pretty much anyone else in the western lowlands on this forum) I think that’s what rubs so many the wrong way about you and your admittedly more grating counterpart here. Appreciate what you have, and that the climate is moving overwhelmingly in your favor in the long term, at least as far as warm seasons are concerned. :)

People's weather perceptions are so important.

I also know that Randy needs to be told to count his blessings. He has not said he is blessed like a million times and has also said he loves where he lives.   Thanks for keeping him in line because he prefers sunny days. A horrible person indeed.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I love everything about my life and feel very blessed...Including where I live and the climate. I do enjoy the sun and some warmth...A lot of my “whining” I have to admit is getting a reaction out of the drizzle lovers. ‍♂ Much like you troll against the sun lovers...You are just slightly more unpleasant about it. It’s summer, things are slow on the forum...Who cares. (Except for maybe Rich Marriott)

Well at least you admit to some trolling...although I’m not sure if I fully believe that it’s all trolling. I think a good chunk of it is just straight up whining. Ok to admit that too. ;)

And I’m not on here trolling sun lovers for the most part, pretty much everything I talk about is based on my actual preferences. The constant trolling is more Phil’s schtick, and it definitely lowers the bar for day to day discourse around here. Don’t be part of the problem. ;)

Well at least you admit to trolling...although I’m not sure if I fully believe that it’s all trolling. ;)

And I’m not on here trolling sun lovers for the most part, pretty much everything I talk about is based on my actual preferences. The constant trolling is more Phil’s schtick, and it definitely lowers the bar for day to day discourse around here. Don’t be part of the problem. ;)

Your schtick is to endlessly mock anyone who has preferences that you deem "wrong".      I can show about 500 examples in the last month if you just don't realize that you are doing it.    Don't be part of the problem.  

Well at least you admit to some trolling...although I’m not sure if I fully believe that it’s all trolling. I think a good chunk of it is just straight up whining. Ok to admit that too. ;)

I think my trolling is more annual than constant. It’s usually relegated to the same ~ 5 months every year.

Up to 75F and not a cloud in the sky.  :)

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

TWC is currently going with 100 for PDX on Sunday and Monday. It will be close both days.

Luckily our window for warm weather ends in 2 days!

57 degrees currently and pouring rain most of the day with the windows wide open! So refreshing!

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

I run the A/C in the evening and at night to keep the temp at 66, then on these chilly mornings I bump the heat on to 68-69 to take the chill off. It stays near 70 in the house most of the day from there but it does creep up to about 74 with nothing running. The house is actually very well insulated but It’s all about preferences with temps. Have A/C and heat with a very energy efficient Geothermal system so we can keep things tweaked to exactly how we like the house.

That sounds so complicated. We just open the windows in the evening, close them before heading off to work unless it's going to stay under 75 degrees then they just stay open all day. We don't have A/C, no real need with the cool (in your "trucks" case, engine seizing cold!) nighttime temps we have here.

• Like 3

Cold Season 2023/24:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

Currently 60 after a high of 62.

And in the middle of our short warm period... its gets colder from here on out.     ;)

That sounds so complicated. We just open the windows in the evening, close them before heading off to work unless it's going to stay under 75 degrees then they just stay open all day. We don't have A/C, no real need with the cool (in your "trucks" case, engine seizing cold!) nighttime temps we have here.

Not too complicated...I just hit the touchscreen thermostat down a few notches in the evening and touch it a few times back up in the morning...Takes about 3 seconds or so.
  • Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

57 degrees currently and pouring rain most of the day with the windows wide open! So refreshing!

You would love Glascow... I heard they are buying the "Happiest Place on Earth" slogan from Disney. :)

glascow.png

Not too complicated...I just hit the touchscreen thermostat down a few notches in the evening and touch it a few times back up in the morning...Takes about 3 seconds or so.

Wait a minute! That would mean that your "heat" would turn on every morning if you set it lower at night then up it in the morning. Mystery solved! 

Cold Season 2023/24:

You would love Glascow... I heard they are buying the "Happiest Place on Earth" slogan from Disney. :)

That does look pretty nice for the summer to me with maybe a few more breaks in the rain. Much too warm in the winter there though!  ;)

Cold Season 2023/24:

Wait a minute! That would mean that your "heat" would turn on every morning if you set it lower at night then up it in the morning. Mystery solved! 

I was going to mention that earlier... the heat was only on to offset the A/C.    :)

That does look pretty nice for the summer to me with maybe a few more breaks in the rain. Much too warm in the winter there though!  ;)

On the other hand... I start feeling depressed just looking at their summer forecasts.

I've been all over Montana during summer as well as winter. I can say that I feel like its the most beautiful place I've ever been to during summer. Winter on the other hand... I like snow and cold, but a break from it every now and then is also nice. My wife and I are aiming to live the snowbird life by age 40. Little place somewhere near Kalispell during summer, and then back to Phoenix during winter. Nothing beats Phoenix winter weather. 

• Like 1