Phil's ramblings, descent into the next ice age occuring now, physics, AGW theory, random disco thread

Starting the topic over here for all the ramblers out there.

Come on Phil, the waters fine, and we have cookies and complex graphs !

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

image.jpg

Here ya go ! You'll have to provide the graphs though.

I've sent a test pm. Let me know if changing forums has finally changed the reception.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

I wish there was a way to carry the old thread over here. So much discussion, many forecasts, and ample history in the old thread..

Can the past month or so be copied, saved, then posted here if not transferable ? Or at least the topics of greatest interest ? Abit labor intensive but doable.

Meantime, I'm reading in the general news, mostly British papers that they are finally publicly opening the debate for a Maunder type period on the horizon. Their arguments were based on the recent winters and solar activity or lack thereof.

Here are the latest monthly values for the PDO and AMO:

PDO:  -0.41 - December, 2013

AMO:  0.158  - November, 2013

For some reason, the December value of the AMO hasn't been posted, yet.

If anybody wants to create a new thread for this sort of index / oscillation data, feel free to move this post there.

Here are the latest monthly values for the PDO and AMO:

PDO: -0.41 - December, 2013

AMO: 0.158 - November, 2013

For some reason, the December value of the AMO hasn't been posted, yet.

If anybody wants to create a new thread for this sort of index / oscillation data, feel free to move this post there.

The AMO has improved the past few months.

The AMO has improved the past few months.

It began last year about where it is now, and then slowly rose to a yearly high of .374 in October. I hope the downward trend of the AMO continues and that it doesn't stay positive for very much longer. I believe the AMO affects our climate a lot more than most people realize and I have even read that the positive phase contributes to drought in the SW U.S.

• 4 years later...

Ice Ages and El Niño's Have a Lot in Common.

"During past ice ages, the tropical Pacific Ocean behaved rather as it does today in an El Niño event, bringing downpours to some places and drought to others, say US researchers. The link might help us to understand and predict how and why the Earth's climate can change rapidly.

For example, it could explain the low atmospheric levels of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, during the last ice age. It is not clear whether this was a cause or a consequence of the difference in global climate, but such decreases would have lowered global temperatures still further, maintaining ice-age conditions."

https://www.nature.com/news/1998/020708/full/news020708-19.html

Ice Ages and El Niño's Have a Lot in Common.

"During past ice ages, the tropical Pacific Ocean behaved rather as it does today in an El Niño event, bringing downpours to some places and drought to others, say US researchers. The link might help us to understand and predict how and why the Earth's climate can change rapidly.

For example, it could explain the low atmospheric levels of greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, during the last ice age. It is not clear whether this was a cause or a consequence of the difference in global climate, but such decreases would have lowered global temperatures still further, maintaining ice-age conditions."

https://www.nature.com/news/1998/020708/full/news020708-19.html

Robert Filex posted this as well

• 5 months later...

And the opportunism continues.

"Experts" jumping on the latest political trend to gain traction.........and grants.

IMG_3681.JPG

We can update this to say------ "2019....the coming ice age."