2/23 - 2/25 S Plains/OHV Cutter

Tom

1 hour ago, CentralNebWeather said:

12Z GFS trying to tease me with a band just to my Southwest.  Has my county at 3-5" from north to south and the heavier band not far away.  I guess it is something.  Time will tell, but not holding my breath that anything occurs.  Canadian says 1" tops, Ukie has 2".

GFS 2 21.png

19 minutes ago, james1976 said:

GFS has quite a wide area of light to moderate snow with this system. I thought it was gonna completely miss me.....which it very well could yet.

It has a bit of an overrunning event. I wish all the energy would come out in 1 piece.

83* and very dry out there. Humidity at 38*
In 48 hrs it will hit a low of 23 with rain, ice, snow mix. 
How crazy is that? Just another odd week in a rather odd winter.  

• Like 3

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

72 for the High tomorrow before it barrels down to 32 in the afternoon.  
We get a lot of these in the late winter as springlike weather tries to sneak in early.

Well, it beats being bored!!

• Like 1
  • lol 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

7 minutes ago, Clinton said:

0z RGEM and GFS in agreement for a widespread light snow event with a narrow band of higher totals.

0z GFS

snku_acc.us_mw.png

snku_acc.us_c.png

0z RGEM

snku_acc.us_mw.png

I do fairly well on the GFS. Most other models are minimal. NWS Hastings says 1” tops. Not expecting anything, so I won’t be disappointed if nothing materializes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CentralNebWeather said:

I do fairly well on the GFS. Most other models are minimal. NWS Hastings says 1” tops. Not expecting anything, so I won’t be disappointed if nothing materializes. 

Dry air may be the problem, maybe some will make it to the ground.

This part of the LRC produced significant snows in Cycle 2 for the SW and it looks to deliver the goods up in the mountains again...

image.png

image.png

This is exactly what the mountains ordered from Mother Nature into the Rockies of CO...esp near Durango/Telluride...

1.png

• Like 1

Light snow fell all night here.  There are some places the grass is covered, and other places with nothing as the strong winds are whipping up the snow.  I would say a rough estimate of 1/2" seems about right.  Love when the snow whips down the street.  NWS Hastings a little more optimistic this morning of a couple of inches from Wednesday night through Thursday morning.  

• Like 2
  • Snow 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

06z GFS...

image.png

If I get the Stasch formula "last minute bump north", this could be good over here 👍

• Like 2

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 52.8" (89% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.1 Apr: 0.0

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = xx.x" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

1 minute ago, jaster220 said:

If I get the Stasch formula "last minute bump north", this could be good over here 👍

Should be cold enough wherever it does end up snowing.  My new snow blower arrives Friday.  I broke down and bought an electric one with cord.  Mid-size driveway.    Never got my one gas toro fixed this winter.  Haven't needed it!  So hopefully I get enough to test it out  before Spring.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, someweatherdude said:

GFS is trying to give me 6 inches of snow.  I'll be pleasantly shocked if that happens. 

From Garys blog this morning:

We had a similar issue with the last storm. In that one we wondered if the storm would stretch out and weaken too fast and lower snow totals, or would it hold together. We made the accurate prediction of it holding together. As it passed by it stretched out and weakened rapidly. This time we have similar issues, but instead of it having to hold together, we will be wondering if it will strengthen just a little bit.

Seems to me there is a possibility of this strengthening overhead which would be good for us and real good for those further NE.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Clinton said:

12z FV3

snku_acc.us_c.png

There is those bands of snow that keep showing up.  Where those occur will make a big difference in a short distance.  This map again shows that pink band coming up to my county.  GFS also has shown it.  Many other models don't have anywhere near this amount.  Will be fun to watch in the next 2 days.

• Like 3

Just now, CentralNebWeather said:

There is those bands of snow that keep showing up.  Where those occur will make a big difference in a short distance.  This map again shows that pink band coming up to my county.  GFS also has shown it.  Many other models don't have anywhere near this amount.  Will be fun to watch in the next 2 days.

It will be. The NAM barely has a dusting here.

• Like 1