3-29 to 3-31 No Joke About It Big Dog

Madtown

3 hours ago, jaster220 said:

That's north of Copper Harbor, D**n near in Canada, lol. Not too surprising really. I remember April of 2013 (iirc) the UP getting so many snowstorms it looked like a warm season would never happen.

Heck, I am 50 miles further north latitude than Ely, and I can see Canada.  Yes 2013 was one of the latest springs I can remember, 2014 was right on its heals.  For that Ely cam to truly look like a good midwinter scene, the snow would need to be nearly up to the thermometer.   

• Like 1

Mayfield was near 2 TOR's. They've probably been on edge after the other tornado.

KPAH_loop (2).gif

• Like 1
  • scream 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

The HRRR has steadily shifted tonight's snow southward to the southern half of Iowa.

At this late point in the season any snow could easily be the last, so I will have to wake up at 4am to see it.

image.thumb.png.82239d6755700b782cbc176cbb9512a4.png

• Like 4

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

ORD officially has recorded 1.13" of rain yesterday through midnight....pretty good soaking so far and it has been raining since then so I expect to see those totals to exceed 1.5" which lined up well with guidance.   

• Like 1

Looks like 2.9" event total for KDSM. (reports of near 4" 30 miles S of here)

March total 8.6". Normal is 4.4"

Season total 34.4", normal is 35.1 through March 31st.

• Like 6

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

My snow total is 0.9".  All the main moisture veered east of me last night, so all we got was a very thin band of heavy snow after 6am.  Radar shows it only lasted 10-15 minutes.  I woke up shortly after it was over.

• Like 4

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

5 hours ago, Grizzcoat said:

Most intense rates here of the winter . Welcome to January 90th.

PXL_20220331_093246232~2.jpg

The difference betwen DSM and just a couple hours to the west this year has been crazy. The least snowiest season here is almost a lock at this point, 35" is considered a pretty good season. 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

1 hour ago, snowstorm83 said:

The difference betwen DSM and just a couple hours to the west this year has been crazy. The least snowiest season here is almost a lock at this point, 35" is considered a pretty good season. 

I think with my 1" last night, we may have reached 12"for the season.  Just a horribly dry, and virtually snowless winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

A nuisance snow of .6” fell last night accumulating on the grass but it was cold enough for the moisture on the roads to freeze and cause some issues for the morning commute.

Just sad statistics.

CD874ABE-70A0-4D4F-BBE2-920780E7F0BA.jpeg

I'm so sorry for our posters in Nebraska. Soneone converted that old OmaDome to a permanent, snow-vaporizing hope crusher.

Geez.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OKwx2k4 said:

Oh wow. That'll be newsworthy somewhere, no doubt.

Could be. Tbh I suspect most of the convection will be low topped around here, as there’s a lot of prefrontal crapvection limiting instability. All dynamics driven.

That said the wind is gusting around 40mph despite cloudcover/WAA so there’s a lot of momentum available for downward transport, should it happen.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Could be. Tbh I suspect most of the convection will be low topped around here, as there’s a lot of prefrontal crapvection limiting instability. All dynamics driven.

That said the wind is gusting around 40mph despite cloudcover/WAA so there’s a lot of momentum available for downward transport, should it happen.

That was the way it worked with the tornadoes produced in the counties to my immediate south and then to my east/northeast in Fayetteville, AR, and Tontitown/Springdale.

I feel like I've been dodging tornadoes for 18 months. Lol. None of those have been your classic setups. All pure, raw force and chance. Cool, but scary, too. You can still get a lot of "without warning" tornadoes out here like that.

Whenever left to dynamics like that here its a lot of terrain driven effects, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Which is very typical with our early spring severe weather set ups they tend to be low top squall lines with damaging wind gust,sometimes these type of storms have littie if any lighting and thunder with them. It's the oppersite in the late spring summer storms become prolific lighting producers.

• Like 1

Wind is ripping here. Sounds like a fighter jet through the trees. Reports of structural damage in the area as well.

• Windy 3

Gradient winds damaged a high school and lifted an above-ground pool into the air and onto a truck. Definitely approaching severe t-storm criteria.

• scream 2

ORD's official 2-day total came out to 1.60" which fell steadily and was a welcomed stratiform system.  We finished off the storm with on/off snow showers throughout the day yesterday and officially had a Trace of snow at ORD.  Quite the impactful storm system that traversed the nation.

Mar 30th-31st LOT Rainfall Totals.png

• Like 2

• Tom unpinned this topic