February 7th-9th Possible Winter Storm

clintbeed1993

ahhh I remember the model runs at the end of last week that were showing 20-24" for us in Eastern Nebraska by the end of this weekend from the storm earlier this week and a storm coming through this weekend and now we're sitting at 3" from the first storm and nothing for this weekend except for some flurries. Bring on spring :lol:

• Like 2

It looks like the Panhandle could get a pretty decent sized snowstorm this upcoming week. Anytime I see Nebraska getting hit, I cheer for them. It's crucial that none of our state goes into drought, as it tends to spread east/west especially when there are parts that are in extreme/exceptional as we see out west. That looks okay for Eastern Nebraska too, I would be fine with another 1-3" event. That would put our total above 6" on the ground, which would be the most we've had on the ground all year. GFS still hinting at a monster Colorado Low out in fantasy land, hopefully that comes to fruition as it's been popping up the past couple days.

It looks like the Panhandle could get a pretty decent sized snowstorm this upcoming week. Anytime I see Nebraska getting hit, I cheer for them. It's crucial that none of our state goes into drought, as it tends to spread east/west especially when there are parts that are in extreme/exceptional as we see out west. That looks okay for Eastern Nebraska too, I would be fine with another 1-3" event. That would put our total above 6" on the ground, which would be the most we've had on the ground all year. GFS still hinting at a monster Colorado Low out in fantasy land, hopefully that comes to fruition as it's been popping up the past couple days.

We are so over due for a monster colorado bomb. Give me a west/east based storm before winter is over please! I can't remember the last time we had a colorado low; it's been a long long time. 

We are so over due for a monster colorado bomb. Give me a west/east based storm before winter is over please! I can't remember the last time we had a colorado low; it's been a long long time. 

It is indeed time for the monster to come out of hiding.  I think it will have to happen for us to even have a shot at hitting average.  It is way overdue.  Late February is usually a good time for monster snowstorms in Nebraska.  We will have to keep our eyes on the last 2 weeks of February,