Politics Thread v5.0

Andie

I don't know how many of you live close to the border or in a community that deals with border issues, be it North or South but this is getting way out of hand in the South.  

Fentanyl is flowing over the border like a tidal wave.   Fentanyl is showing up in pills, laced in Cocaine, and present is just about any illegal dug possible.  It's so deadly you can get a whiff of it and it'll kill you. Police officers carry a treatment with them should a fellow officer keel over from exposure.  Without it, they'll die.  

Ranchers are seeing property destroyed, trashed with closthes and trash. Their land used as public toilets and water troughs for animals contaminated because people climb in and bath.  Equipment is stolen or trashed, and secondary homes are broken into and used as a flop house.  

Police are assisting and Texas Rangers are quick to help these ranchers and often catch those damaging the property t it just happens again.  

Theres a silent war being waged on our entire Southern border. Mayors are at their wits end and residents losing money every day.  

Try living with it.  Why doesn't someone protect our country from this invasio?

i don't hate these people.  I understand their desire for a better life but this is not being handled right at all.

Today I was walking into a local store and a SUV full of these mirgrants began to harass me and were vulgar   All in Spanish, I still understood them   They're easy to identify as their accent and dress hasn't adapted to the US Spanish yet   I grew up in a Hispanic neighborhood and I know the difference.  The US will regret not vetting these people.  One way or another   

Here's our border:

IMG_4636.JPG

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Longtimer
18 hours ago, Andie said:

I don't know how many of you live close to the border or in a community that deals with border issues, be it North or South but this is getting way out of hand in the South.  

Fentanyl is flowing over the border like a tidal wave.   Fentanyl is showing up in pills, laced in Cocaine, and present is just about any illegal dug possible.  It's so deadly you can get a whiff of it and it'll kill you. Police officers carry a treatment with them should a fellow officer keel over from exposure.  Without it, they'll die.  

Ranchers are seeing property destroyed, trashed with closthes and trash. Their land used as public toilets and water troughs for animals contaminated because people climb in and bath.  Equipment is stolen or trashed, and secondary homes are broken into and used as a flop house.  

Police are assisting and Texas Rangers are quick to help these ranchers and often catch those damaging the property t it just happens again.  

Theres a silent war being waged on our entire Southern border. Mayors are at their wits end and residents losing money every day.  

Try living with it.  Why doesn't someone protect our country from this invasio?

i don't hate these people.  I understand their desire for a better life but this is not being handled right at all.

Today I was walking into a local store and a SUV full of these mirgrants began to harass me and were vulgar   All in Spanish, I still understood them   They're easy to identify as their accent and dress hasn't adapted to the US Spanish yet   I grew up in a Hispanic neighborhood and I know the difference.  The US will regret not vetting these people.  One way or another   

Here's our border:

IMG_4636.JPG

My understanding is most of those coming up now are not from Mexico, but points south. We need to start by pressuring Mexico to better secure their border, we also need to be more involved in these Central American countries, work to stabilize them, invest in them, and help foster economic growth in the region. Focus on our Hemisphere, not the Middle East and Eastern Europe, where we have no real strategic interests. If we were truly dominant and prioritized the Western Hemisphere, we could clean up a lot of this before it even made its way to our southern border. 

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

Very true.  Can’t disagree.  
But the current President of Mexico prefers to give out balloons and make nice while the country becomes a full blown Narco State assisted by Central America. .  
Mexico has been corrupt since the executed the Emperor  Maximillian 1st.  
But it has become extremely dangerous and the volume of drugs and guns per year smuggled into the US, if placed in a stadium, would terrify us all.  
We’re ALL praying for a solution as they’re being shipped into the lower 48 and Texas and Texas ranchers are on the front line. .  
My encounter yesterday wasn’t my first.
Won’t be my last.   

PS-  Murders are up 50% in Houston just this past year.  It used to be reasonably safe.   
No longer.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

This is curious. Ukraine refugees have managed to make it to the US/Mexico border in Mexico.  
They’re carrying passports. The US is allowing them in with only a 1 yr permit whereas Mex & Central/So Americans can just run across the border and they’re here.  
Ukrainians are running for their life and deserve a path to citizenship if the US is going to open their arms to unknowns.  
At least the Ukraine folks have a passport. Many So Americans have no ID and change their names to avoid background checks. Then they just disappear into the US with a free plane trip to somewhere in the US.   
I find this incredibly nonsensical.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, einsteinjr said:

Bellevue works to keep public spaces safe and clean.    Seattle has lost most of its public spaces because they allow people to do whatever they want... anywhere they want.     You seem to be proud that every public space in Seattle has become a garbage dump and is not safe for anyone.    Seattle is a complete mess... a victim of liberalism run amok.    Get rid of the police and stop enforcing basic laws which make a city livable for everyone.    Great plan... working well.   Seattle is a flashing neon sign that liberal policies do not work and you know it.     As evidenced by your constant deflection and excuses.   

And this should be in the 'Off Topic' section of the forum.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

TITLE 42 is about to end. 
What does it mean. 

Under Title 42, asylum seekers who arrive at US border crossings are sent back to Mexico or their country of origin within a few hours and are not given the chance to file asylum claims in the US.

Title 42 expulsions are removals by the U.S. government of persons who have recently been in a country where a communicable disease was present. The extent of authority for contagion-related expulsions is set out by law in 42 U.S.C. § 265

The end of Title 42 will end screening of individuals that enter the country.   While many are well meaning, there is a sizable criminal element, cartels and criminals, that will enter the nation and reek havoc on already stressed cities   Coastal cities with large populations will likely see its full effect but crime and drugs will not avoid smaller communities.  I’ve already experienced one encounter.  

So, Buckle up.
The nation is about to experience what Texas has been battling for a long time.

• Sad 1

Seattle should try to do another CHAZ/CHOP “summer of love” this year. Worked out great last time. 

• Excited 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

11 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Seattle should try to do another CHAZ/CHOP “summer of love” this year. Worked out great last time. 

And most of Seattle was probably cheering on CHAZ... the downtrodden have finally taken control!  This is going to be awesome.    Lets create a separate country in the middle of a major US city.   

Unfortunately... even in CHAZ they decided they needed rules and those rules need to be enforced and that led to lots of disagreements and even some shootings inside the newly formed country.     The city of Seattle apparently did not get the memo... they still seem to think a lawless society is best for everyone.   🤔

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I’m all for people coming to this country…besides native Americans everyone has ancestors who were immigrants or are immigrants themselves. This nation is built on immigrants from around the world. 
 Im all for people coming here if they come into the country LEGALLY. There’s absolutely no reason people should be allowed to come into this country illegally. It’s totally unsafe to have people coming in to our country freely. 
 Having cartel of Central American criminal elements is a big problem. I know this’ll sound like a Fox News conspiracy but it could totally be happening. How many of these people could be coming in from Mexico…from  countries that want to harm the United States? I’m not talking about people from Central America who want to make better lives for themselves. I feel for those people but people who could potentially come in from places like the middle east could use the southern border to gain access here. Kind of a scary thought. That’s why we need secure borders. 

• Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

May as well turn this into a general politics thread seeing as we don't have one and it's bound to turn into one anyway.

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

Seeing as we seemingly can't get away from discussing politics in the off-topic forum, creating a new thread to better house these discussions. Other tangentially related politics threads have been merged to this one. Russia-Ukraine topic will be kept separate, for now.

• Like 1

Weather station: https://sodakweather.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoDakWx

• Longtimer

I have to say, being in downtown Seattle yesterday afternoon and evening it’s clear that it is leaps and bounds better off than downtown Portland. Not even close, really.

• Windy 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, Deweydog said:

I have to say, being in downtown Seattle yesterday afternoon and evening it’s clear that it is leaps and bounds better off than downtown Portland. Not even close, really.

Wow.  

I have heard rumors of Seattle focusing heavily on downtown recently in preparation for the tourist season.    This probably comes at the expense of the rest of the city of course.   But at least it's something. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Bellevue works to keep public spaces safe and clean.    Seattle has lost most of its public spaces because they allow people to do whatever they want... anywhere they want.     You seem to be proud that every public space in Seattle has become a garbage dump and is not safe for anyone.    Seattle is a complete mess... a victim of liberalism run amok.    Get rid of the police and stop enforcing basic laws which make a city livable for everyone.    Great plan... working well.   Seattle is a flashing neon sign that liberal policies do not work and you know it.     As evidenced by your constant deflection and excuses.   

And this should be in the 'Off Topic' section of the forum.  

This is just completely false. I have no idea where you are getting this from. Please, take it from me, I actually live here.

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 45.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; February 24th, 2022

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

• Longtimer
3 hours ago, Deweydog said:

Downtown Portland feels like Manhattan in Escape from New York. Has for awhile.

• Like 1
  • scream 1

6 hours ago, TacomaWaWx said:

There’s absolutely no reason people should be allowed to come into this country illegally. It’s totally unsafe to have people coming in to our country freely. 
 Having cartel of Central American criminal elements is a big problem. I know this’ll sound like a Fox News conspiracy but it could totally be happening. How many of these people could be coming in from Mexico…from  countries that want to harm the United States? I’m not talking about people from Central America who want to make better lives for themselves. I feel for those people but people who could potentially come in from places like the middle east could use the southern border to gain access here. Kind of a scary thought. That’s why we need secure borders. 

My family has been battling the cartels for at least 2 decades.  One member of our family was murdered by a cartel member. 
They don’t just drive across with truck loads of drugs.  They’ve been seen lately to fire heavy weapons across the “wall” at Border Agents.  Locals get in the way and get hurt. They don’t care. Life has no value.  

Making many millions/billions a day is all they live for. They buy military grade weapons and expand their influence and strangle hold on the border. The Mex govt is utterly corrupt.  We’ll get no help. Same with Central America.  And this Administration has open wide the gates to these monsters. “No problem” says Joe. 
Biden’s wrong if he thinks they’ll stay south.  
They’re going to be in your state too. 
All 50.  
I hope they set up business across the street from Biden’s house. 

¡Llévate a ese jefe!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

This is just completely false. I have no idea where you are getting this from. Please, take it from me, I actually live here.

Tim definitely exaggerates. I've had multiple friends visit Seattle the past few years, and all loved it and didn't say anything about the rampant homelessness/lawlessness. 

A forum for the end of the world.

7 hours ago, MSP_Weather said:

May as well turn this into a general politics thread seeing as we don't have one and it's bound to turn into one anyway.

We had one. I created it.  
It vanished.  
It’s now v5.0.  
Dont screw it up. 👍

26 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Tim definitely exaggerates. I've had multiple friends visit Seattle the past few years, and all loved it and didn't say anything about the rampant homelessness/lawlessness. 

The change has been dramatic over the last 2 years.  There is no debating that reality... regardless of how your friends felt.   And if they were here before June 2020 then they did not see what has happened since.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

The change has been dramatic over the last 2 years.  There is no debating that reality... regardless of how your friends felt.   And if they were here before June 2020 then they did not see what has happened since.  

I'm going to have to go with Tim on this one.  Definitely since 2020, but it was still pretty bad before that.  The customer I worked with had an office down by Boeing field, and were down there monthly for meetings.  We usually worked our way north through downtown and picked up the freeway somewhere downtown (I never drove, so I don't know the exact route we took).  I would say that the deterioration really started about the same time that Keshamalama-ding-dong (my nickname for Keshama Sawant or whatever the hell her name is).  I'm not saying she is responsible for the change, I'm just saying that the timing of her getting elected coincided with the overall shift in Seattle politics.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes, shutting their downtown down because of COVID will do that to a lot of cities, especially ones where remote work is possible for MANY people.

I agree the homeless/public drug use/etc is worse than it was before.  There's no doubt.  But what is portrayed by you is nothing short of Armageddon and completely disjointed from reality.  This is a Hannity/Tucker/<Insert your least favorite liberal talking head> strategy and is particularly annoying coming from someone who lives 30 miles away.

And no, this isn't an excuse.  You blaming Seattle politics for literally everything wrong about Seattle is no different than me blaming covid/housing affordability/job losses/prescription drugs for those same problems.

BTW, you should come back to DT Seattle and see for yourself.  It has improved a quite a bit over the last couple of months.  There are obviously areas more favorable for the homeless - but at least the DT sidewalks is no longer one of them.

52 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Yes, shutting their downtown down because of COVID will do that to a lot of cities, especially ones where remote work is possible for MANY people.

I agree the homeless/public drug use/etc is worse than it was before.  There's no doubt.  But what is portrayed by you is nothing short of Armageddon and completely disjointed from reality.  This is a Hannity/Tucker/<Insert your least favorite liberal talking head> strategy and is particularly annoying coming from someone who lives 30 miles away.

And no, this isn't an excuse.  You blaming Seattle politics for literally everything wrong about Seattle is no different than me blaming covid/housing affordability/job losses/prescription drugs for those same problems.

BTW, you should come back to DT Seattle and see for yourself.  It has improved a quite a bit over the last couple of months.  There are obviously areas more favorable for the homeless - but at least the DT sidewalks is no longer one of them.

Glad to hear about the improvements downtown.   Matt was pretty adamant about that as well.   It's a start.

And yes... Seattle politics is a disaster.   Defunding the police and creating a hostile environment for law enforcement and then not even responding to property crimes.   Hard to imagine anyone thought that would work out well.    But Seattle leaders apparently did!

• Like 2

Happy to announce Jen Psaki will likely be leaving the White House Press job so.  I know you’re hearts are broken.  
She’s said to be taking a job with MSNBC so with their ratings, no one will be listening to her anymore! 

So glad. Besides her snippy attitude I could not stand her body language.  
Bye Jen Baby. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse as you leave!!

9 hours ago, Andie said:

Happy to announce Jen Psaki will likely be leaving the White House Press job so.  I know you’re hearts are broken.  
She’s said to be taking a job with MSNBC so with their ratings, no one will be listening to her anymore! 

So glad. Besides her snippy attitude I could not stand her body language.  
Bye Jen Baby. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse as you leave!!

She said from the beginning that she would only do the job for a year,  so this is not a surprise.  As for her "snippy attitude" its hard not to fault her with Peter "Douchy" and his stupid overly blatant trolling attempts to get a soundbite so he could keep feeding the Fox News "faithful"

I'm all for asking the tough questions and trying to keep the press secretary/administration honest, and I have seen where Peter has actually done some good interviews, but when he gets in front of Jen, he comes across as a complete ******* moron!

• Troll 1

5 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Then you can burn off the price difference waiting in line at the border crossing, yippie!

• Excited 1

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

8 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

She said from the beginning that she would only do the job for a year,  so this is not a surprise.  As for her "snippy attitude" its hard not to fault her with Peter "Douchy" and his stupid overly blatant trolling attempts to get a soundbite so he could keep feeding the Fox News "faithful"

I'm all for asking the tough questions and trying to keep the press secretary/administration honest, and I have seen where Peter has actually done some good interviews, but when he gets in front of Jen, he comes across as a complete ******* moron!

That entire room was full of those same type of morons for 4+ years. Nothing but who could get the next soundbite to go viral. Acosta was particularly egregious with that. Unfortunately, that seems to be the state of most "journalism" today. 

Weather station: https://sodakweather.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoDakWx

On 4/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Chewbacca Defense said:

He can be annoying but there are so few Right questioners. The Left questions tend to be too protective of the issues and the administration. 
Ive given up on neutral news people. We need them more than ever but the camps are divided and refuse to dig for facts with no spin.    

The real test is coming when the financial issues and investigations come to the fore.  

• Longtimer

People who act like downtown Portland and Seattle aren’t flaming heaps of trash are either lying or delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Longtimer

At the park in Salem the other day. 

152DCFC1-A2F2-4B84-BA77-FD343FE67856.jpeg

289124F9-DBB9-4536-ADB7-E704FCAD2E82.jpeg

369F6D6F-AF4C-488E-9DB7-93A0FF64ED33.jpeg

• scream 2

8 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

At the park in Salem the other day. 

152DCFC1-A2F2-4B84-BA77-FD343FE67856.jpeg

289124F9-DBB9-4536-ADB7-E704FCAD2E82.jpeg

369F6D6F-AF4C-488E-9DB7-93A0FF64ED33.jpeg

We see that in the Dallas area.  Thankfully I’m far west of that. Almost west of the county Ft Worth is in. 
But it will get worse as the border swarm hits after the 23rd when Title 42 is gone.  Get ready for things to change again as 10’s of thousands of unvetted immigrants will be scattered across the nation.  
All the homeless will be added to these immigrants trying to find homes and work.  Many will just be on govt assistance.  

• Longtimer
12 hours ago, einsteinjr said:

Didn't you just say you couldn't speak about Seattle like 2 weeks ago?

I ll trust Tim on this one.

• Like 2

• Longtimer

Demonic election results from Hungary 🇭🇺  and Serbia 🇷🇸

• scream 1

??  🤔  Care to elaborate??

• Longtimer
16 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Bob Chapek is no Walt Disney. 

Walt was kind of a weirdo himself. 

• lol 1

1 hour ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Bob Chapek is no Walt Disney. 

Yikes....  What a *really* strange thing to say.

46 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Walt was kind of a weirdo himself. 

And a well documented anti-Semite and racist.  

17 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Yikes....  What a *really* strange thing to say.

And a well documented anti-Semite and racist.  

Disney stands with the LGBT community!

• Longtimer

It’s not just Disney sexualizing kids. In fact to this point they’ve been pretty safe which is probably why the WOKE crowd is applying pressure. Nick Jr and Netflix shows are full of trans themes. My twins were watching the Babysitters club on Netflix and one of the girls was babysitting a 6 year old trans kid. It’s wild. 

• scream 1
  • Weenie 2

Don't be thrown by the over the top title, this is actually really good: 

Repeating patterns throughout history and empires, everything from economics to internal conflict to war to income inequality. 

The more things change...

A forum for the end of the world.

• Longtimer
5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Repeating patterns throughout history and empires, everything from economics to internal conflict to war to income inequality. 

Yeah, we're late stage Roman Empire status right now... 

5 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah, we're late stage Roman Empire status right now... 

Yes, the Visigoths are at the door.

• Longtimer
21 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

If only we had a leader who was COMMITTED to making America great again or perhaps building back better…

• lol 2
  • Storm 1
  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

7 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Nah, we're good.....

IMG_2865.jpg

Nope. 

34 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Touché