Politics Thread v5.0

Andie

“America’s most prominent conservative gathering, founded on ideals of personal liberty and limited government, convenes in Budapest next month to celebrate a European leader accused of undermining democracy and individual rights,” Reuters reports.

“The May meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference is seen by some Republicans as a test of how closely American conservatives are willing align themselves with a global movement of far-right, Russia-friendly strongmen embraced by former U.S. President Donald Trump.”

“The event’s keynote speaker is Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, a longtime supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

• scream 1

• Longtimer
27 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

“America’s most prominent conservative gathering, founded on ideals of personal liberty and limited government, convenes in Budapest next month to celebrate a European leader accused of undermining democracy and individual rights,” Reuters reports.

“The May meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference is seen by some Republicans as a test of how closely American conservatives are willing align themselves with a global movement of far-right, Russia-friendly strongmen embraced by former U.S. President Donald Trump.”

“The event’s keynote speaker is Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, a longtime supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin.”

Orban is rad. 

• Confused 1
  • Troll 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

• Longtimer
10 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

Student loan payments officially deferred again to end of August. Which guarantees extension through the end of the year (midterms).

Keep on kicking that can. 

So dumb. The economy is as good as it’s going to get. They ll eventually do forgiveness I bet. Which is lame for people like me who actually managed to get through school with very little debt and paid off what we had within a few years. 

• Like 3
  • lol 1

3 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

So dumb. The economy is as good as it’s going to get. They ll eventually do forgiveness I bet. Which is lame for people like me who actually managed to get through school with very little debt and paid off what we had within a few years. 

Same (thanks GI bill).

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

Even the very liberal Seattle Times is calling a spade a spade... Seattle is a complete mess and its not getting better.   A victim of runaway liberalism.    And the hundreds of comments on the article are even more blunt and virtually unanimous that Seattle is in a bad situation of its own making.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/seattle-continues-to-go-backward-on-crime-as-much-as-30-years-back/

Crime ebbs and flows. But if it keeps flowing at this pace, the city would approach a violent crime rate of 900 per 100,000 people — a level of violence last seen in 1995.

It’s touchy raising this topic in Seattle. As City Council President Debora Juarez said recently, people are “afraid they’ll be called a racist, or demonized.” I hesitate sometimes for different reasons — the above-mentioned worry about sensationalizing crime, and also because if you say something bad is happening here it gets used as proof by the Fox News types that Seattle is a dying liberal hellhole.

Except something bad really is happening here. The violence trend is not unique to Seattle, but our city finds itself especially poorly situated to deal with it.

Due to the backlash to the “defund the police” debacle, Seattle is now down 375 officers — putting the force at 1990s staffing levels, right along with the crime rate. This happened even though the city cut the police budget far less than the promised 50%. Chief Diaz said morale is so low that it’s hard to get cops to want to come work here anymore.

Last year, councilmembers reversed course and funded the hiring of 125 new officers. But Diaz told them late last month that the department has only been able to recruit and hire seven this year, while 34 more quit or retired. So the department is still shrinking as crime soars.

• Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 hours ago, einsteinjr said:

I'm going to wager that the majority of the cops who did leave are not cops we want in our city.

@DeweydogI assume you watched The Wire given your background?

Perfect example to illustrate why you don't get it.   Seattle can't find any police officers who want to work there.    You seem to start with the assumption that all cops are bad and work backwards from there.   But good law enforcement officers don't want to work in Seattle.    They have created a very hostile environment.     You are part of this as a voter in Seattle and its easy to see the problem if most liberals in Seattle have the same attitude.   Having no law enforcement is a disaster.     That should be the starting point.    Apparently things have to keep getting worse until people in Seattle wake up enough to change things.    

• Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Perfect example to illustrate why you don't get it.   Seattle can't find any police officers who want to work there.    You seem to start with the assumption that all cops are bad and work backwards from there.   But good law enforcement officers don't want to work in Seattle.    They have created a very hostile environment.     You are part of this as a voter in Seattle and its easy to see the problem if most liberals in Seattle have the same attitude.   Having no law enforcement is a disaster.     That should be the starting point.    Apparently things have to keep getting worse until people in Seattle wake up enough to change things.    

You mean there's currently a lack of labor force right now?!?  Such an astute observation.

• Downvote 1
  • Troll 3

6 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

You mean there's currently a lack of labor force right now?!?  Such an astute observation.

No... it is becoming apparent that Seattle has created an environment in which nobody wants to work in law enforcement there.    

But I would go with the 'Summer of Love' idea and assume that people will naturally hold hands and sing songs and live in perfect harmony without those evil cops.    Its working out very well so far.

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

No... it is becoming apparent that Seattle has created an environment in which nobody wants to work in law enforcement there.    

But I would go with the 'Summer of Love' idea and assume that people will naturally hold hands and sing songs and live in perfect harmony without those evil cops.    Its working out very well so far.

It's crazy how locked in you are with your narrative that the entire city of Seattle thinks cops are awful, no cops are being hired because of budget cuts, and that the city is on fire.

A different reality from a particularly conservative PNW site:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mynorthwest.com/3413646/seattle-police-mixed-results-hiring-bonus-program/amp/

Maybe we pay the good cops more money? I would be fine with that since clearly the rates we're giving isn't enough. That's how rational people approach the problem of not being able to hire.  Not by going full Hannity.

2 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

It's crazy how locked in you are with your narrative that the entire city of Seattle thinks cops are awful, no cops are being hired because of budget cuts, and that the city is on fire.

A different reality from a particularly conservative PNW site:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mynorthwest.com/3413646/seattle-police-mixed-results-hiring-bonus-program/amp/

Maybe we pay the good cops more money? I would be fine with that since clearly the rates we're giving isn't enough. That's how rational people approach the problem of not being able to hire.  Not by going full Hannity.

Nothing is rational in Seattle.   Its an embarrassing circus.    

• Longtimer

Yeah, its pretty well known that police in places like PDX and SEA are leaving the force and taking positions, often times for lower pay, in suburban towns, or with county sheriff's departments, where at least they won't be treated like the enemy. Personally I'm not a big fan of the police, but they are necessary, this is painfully obvious given the decent of our urban areas into hellish warzones since the George Floyd riots of 2020. 

• Like 2

• Longtimer
14 hours ago, einsteinjr said:

I'm going to wager that the majority of the cops who did leave are not cops we want in our city.

@DeweydogI assume you watched The Wire given your background?

By that logic, I’m going to assume you wager that the POC’s murdered by other POC’s are the ones we don’t want in our city?

And The Wire was a great show! Don’t f*ck with Omar!

• Like 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, Deweydog said:

By that logic, I’m going to assume you wager that the POC’s murdered by other POC’s are the ones we don’t want in our city?

Uhhhh, we don't pay murderers with tax dollars?  I'm failing to see the parallel between race and job.  In any case, those police who left (for whatever reason) are free to live wherever they want.

And yes, I don't really want murderers in my city.

1 hour ago, Deweydog said:

And The Wire was a great show! Don’t f*ck with Omar!

RIP

Walking around downtown Charleston right now. No homeless encampments... no garbage in the streets... no drug deals happening in plain sight... streets and sidewalks are clean and well kept.  Apparently they attempt to enforce laws here?   Very strange concept. 

20220407_165711.jpg

20220407_165749.jpg

• Like 3

• Longtimer
56 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Uhhhh, we don't pay murderers with tax dollars?  I'm failing to see the parallel between race and job.  In any case, those police who left (for whatever reason) are free to live wherever they want.

And yes, I don't really want murderers in my city.

RIP

The comparison is that you’re making a snap judgment based on your own biases. Many people look at the war between black men as being somewhat of a war of attrition. The bad eggs weeding out the bad eggs…

• Popcorn 1

• Longtimer
45 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

The comparison is that you’re making a snap judgment based on your own biases. Many people look at the war between black men as being somewhat of a war of attrition. The bad eggs weeding out the bad eggs…

I believe BLACK LIVES MATTER ✊🏿 

• Sun 1

On 4/6/2022 at 9:38 AM, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Same here worked my way through college, got scholarships.   It’s part of learning to earn your keep. 

Today it’s all about handouts.  College has become an advanced nursery.  

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

And no graffiti.    Anywhere.  

Charleston is not a particularly wealthy area.   It's not about money.   It's about enforcing laws.   So sick of einsteinjr's excuses.   Pathetic.   Seattle will never get better if that is the attitude there.

Of course all he has to do is drive across the 520 bridge to see a city not entirely covered in profane graffiti.

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

And no graffiti.    Anywhere.  

Charleston is not a particularly wealthy area.   It's not about money.   It's about enforcing laws.   So sick of einsteinjr's excuses.   Pathetic.   Seattle will never get better if that is the attitude there.

I'm not sure what part of town you are in but Charleston has a lot of wealth in it.  A lot of old money...

Granted, home prices are not on the same scale as the PNW, but for the south, its on up there.  

Source:  My sister lives there Mt. Pleasant, and I think she paid north of $750k for her house 7-8 years ago.  I'm sure its well up in to 7 figures now.  It's nice but you could get the same house for a lot less in a lot of other parts of the country.  I also worked with a guy who worked at Boeing Charleston, then moved back up here.  They both said that when Boeing shifted the 787 down there, it killed the housing market.  People selling their PNW houses and going down there with pockets full of cash.

It seems like cities in the south do a "pretty good job" of keeping the bad elements in the bad part of town.  I'm sure if you explored enough, you will turn down a street that will make you want to do a bootlegger/U-turn worthy of a blockbuster action movie. 

But also to your point, there definitely seems to be a lot more respect for law enforcement down there.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I'm not sure what part of town you are in but Charleston has a lot of wealth in it.  A lot of old money...

Granted, home prices are not on the same scale as the PNW, but for the south, its on up there.  

Source:  My sister lives there Mt. Pleasant, and I think she paid north of $750k for her house 7-8 years ago.  I'm sure its well up in to 7 figures now.  It's nice but you could get the same house for a lot less in a lot of other parts of the country.  I also worked with a guy who worked at Boeing Charleston, then moved back up here.  They both said that when Boeing shifted the 787 down there, it killed the housing market.  People selling their PNW houses and going down there with pockets full of cash.

It seems like cities in the south do a "pretty good job" of keeping the bad elements in the bad part of town.  I'm sure if you explored enough, you will turn down a street that will make you want to do a bootlegger/U-turn worthy of a blockbuster action movie. 

But also to your point, there definitely seems to be a lot more respect for law enforcement down there.

I am sure I could find bad parts of town... that exists everywhere and its nothing new.     

Seattle is in the top 5 wealthiest metro areas.    

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Walking around downtown Charleston right now. No homeless encampments... no garbage in the streets... no drug deals happening in plain sight... streets and sidewalks are clean and well kept.  Apparently they attempt to enforce laws here?   Very strange concept. 

20220407_165711.jpg

20220407_165749.jpg

Downtown Sioux Falls is very similar in the fact there are minimal homeless (I've only seen 2 in the entire town), no drugs, no needles on the sidewalk, no graffiti, etc. Pretty refreshing compared to what Seattle has become.

Nice to be able to walk down the street with my kids without having to see someone pissing on the sidewalk.

• Like 4

Weather station: https://sodakweather.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SoDakWx

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

Downtown Sioux Falls is very similar in the fact there are minimal homeless (I've only seen 2 in the entire town), no drugs, no needles on the sidewalk, no graffiti, etc. Pretty refreshing compared to what Seattle has become.

Nice to be able to walk down the street with my kids without having to see someone pissing on the sidewalk.

einsteinjr thinks its funny that people are bothered by graffiti.    But its literally everywhere and much of it is profane.   And has absolutely exploded in the last 2 years.

I wonder if he would like someone to come spray paint all of the walls in his home with whatever stupid thought is their head at the time.    Screw boundaries.   Everyone gets to do whatever they want... anywhere they want to do it.   Its just graffiti.    When an entire city is spray painted it makes it look like everyone has just given up.    The same way it would look if the inside of your home was spray painted with profanity.    You have given up.

38 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Even Minneapolis, with the reputation it's had recently, keeps its homeless at bay. I rarely have any reason to enter city limits, but the few times I have I have only seen one homeless person.

Graffiti exists but it's isolated and usually taken care of aside from the obvious areas like George Floyd Square. 

• Like 1

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

I am sure I could find bad parts of town... that exists everywhere and its nothing new.     

Seattle is in the top 5 wealthiest metro areas.    

Yes, every city has it's bad part of town, the difference is that the bad elements of Seattle are not confined to the "bad" parts of town...they are every-*******-where...contrary to what einsteinjr asserts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Probably the endemic red neck DNA that runs through many of us.  
We have plenty of idiots and crime but law enforcement is just a bit to the far right of Attila the Hun!! With a sprinkling of caustic red neck. 🤗

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Longtimer
14 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

The first Black woman justice was nominated to the Supreme Court today, but she could not define what a woman is. So is she really a woman according to her own beliefs? Can she define what a Black is?

I made the decision last week not to be outraged by her confirmation. She embodies typical leftist views, which I do not agree with, but render her incapable of defining what a woman is, or being tough on pedophiles, she is not uniquely evil or demented, just judicially supporting the leftist orthodoxy of the day. And Biden is president, he gets to make the pick, I doubt she is any worse than anyone else he could have nominated.  

• scream 1

8 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I made the decision last week not to be outraged by her confirmation. She embodies typical leftist views, which I do not agree with, but render her incapable of defining what a woman is, or being tough on pedophiles, she is not uniquely evil or demented, just judicially supporting the leftist orthodoxy of the day. And Biden is president, he gets to make the pick, I doubt she is any worse than anyone else he could have nominated.  

I don't mind her confirmation. I do mind that she was nominated solely to fill a quota and not due to qualifications. But there are bigger things to be enraged about.

• Like 2

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

• Longtimer
2 minutes ago, MSP_Weather said:

I don't mind her confirmation. I do mind that she was nominated solely to fill a quota and not due to qualifications. But there are bigger things to be enraged about.

Yeah, and Democrats gonna do what Democrats gonna do. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

einsteinjr thinks its funny that people are bothered by graffiti.    But its literally everywhere and much of it is profane.   And has absolutely exploded in the last 2 years.

I wonder if he would like someone to come spray paint all of the walls in his home with whatever stupid thought is their head at the time.    Screw boundaries.   Everyone gets to do whatever they want... anywhere they want to do it.   Its just graffiti.    When an entire city is spray painted it makes it look like everyone has just given up.    The same way it would look if the inside of your home was spray painted with profanity.    You have given up.

good god, man.  you are losing it.  Go live some where else if it bothers you that much.

• Downvote 3

17 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Yes, every city has it's bad part of town, the difference is that the bad elements of Seattle are not confined to the "bad" parts of town...they are every-*******-where...contrary to what einsteinjr asserts.

Then maybe you picked the "bad" areas in town?  I don't know what to tell you - downtown has gotten a lot better, Greenlake is cleared, and where I live (Fremont) there are no homeless encampments that I can see from my building.

Not at all saying it's a lot worse than it has been - I've lived here for 12 years in the same place - but please don't tell me "it's everywhere."

18 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Last year someone did tag our bulding's painted fence and I re-painted it. 

And my life miraculously went on fine.

• Downvote 1

• Longtimer
5 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Last year someone somewhere was prosecuted for a property crime in an urban area. And their life miraculously went on fine.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, einsteinjr said:

Your excuses and enabling are so pathetic. 

My hope is that more Seattle residents are genuinely getting pissed at the mess so it will change.

1 hour ago, einsteinjr said:

"Someone tagged my building's fence but who cares, my life went on fine" is certainly a take.

I have next to no knowledge on Seattle aside from trips I took there in 2013 and 2015 so I've been largely silent in this slapfight, but you're rationalizing a lot of things about Seattle that aren't an issue in nearly every other major city in the country.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, MSP_Weather said:

"Someone tagged my building's fence but who cares, my life went on fine" is certainly a take.

I have next to no knowledge on Seattle aside from trips I took there in 2013 and 2015 so I've been largely silent in this slapfight, but you're rationalizing a lot of things about Seattle that aren't an issue in nearly every other major city in the country.

They're an issue more places than you might think: Denver, San Fran, Portland, LA, Phoenix, Vegas, Austin, etc all have similar problems.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

1 hour ago, Front Ranger said:

They're an issue more places than you might think: Denver, San Fran, Portland, LA, Phoenix, Vegas, Austin, etc all have similar problems.

Yes, but on a smaller scale in most cases. Every major city has homeless and drug problems, but not every major city turns a blind eye to it and accepts it as normal like Seattle, Portland, San Fran, and LA all have.

4 hours ago, MSP_Weather said:

Yes, but on a smaller scale in most cases. Every major city has homeless and drug problems, but not every major city turns a blind eye to it and accepts it as normal like Seattle, Portland, San Fran, and LA all have.

So true.    You just cannot allow lawlessness.    It does not work... and never will.     No matter how much people like einsteinjr shrug their shoulders and are seemingly fine with letting everyone do whatever they want wherever they want to do it.  

There was article in Seattle Times today reporting that a significant percentage of the large increase in shootings in the city have occurred around homeless encampments... and the city thinks its inhumane to the homeless people to clean up the encampments.    But its inhumane to everyone to allow people to set up these encampments in public spaces.    In so many ways.    They said what is happening in Seattle is an embarrassment to the progressive movement.     Seattle is making the case against liberalism very loudly.

Its just so stupid that this is even a discussion.    

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/magnets-for-crime-how-one-seattle-politicians-views-shifted-on-homeless-encampments/

On 4/8/2022 at 12:52 PM, MSP_Weather said:

It literally happened once.  Sh*t happens and I'm not going to go to the police and expect them to figure out who did it.  They have better things to do.

And please don't tell me graffiti isn't a "problem" in other cities.

Tim is rationalizing his fox news driven anger towards the libs by not even acknowledging the many other factors that have driven up crime and homelessness. 

Pointing out that many of the public spaces were closed by the pandemic for 2 years is not an excuse - it's a fact. 

Pointing out that cities across the country have the same issues is a fact not an excuse.

Pointing out that police response to property crimes sucked before CHOP is a fact not an excuse.

All of which are facts counter to Tim's consistent narrative about libs ruining Seattle by scaring the police officers away.

If I had a magic wand, I'd build a giant homeless center right next to Tim's house so that Seattle would be free of homeless and Tim's sensitive eyes would never have to see a homeless person or a swear word in the City of Seattle again.  Everyone wins!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

einsteinjr would not like this article about Seattle

Still, the city council went to war with its police department in 2020 post-George Floyd. It forced its black police chief to flee the city. Over 200 other cops followed. The council wanted to abolish the entire department, which is now a hollowed-out and hamstrung force. Around Christmas time in 2021, the council took the hatchet to the police budget again, ignoring the will of the voters.

Nor would he like this one

In a Gallup poll released in 2020, 81 percent of blacks nationwide said they wanted police presence in their neighborhood to remain the same or to increase. Another Gallup poll released a year earlier asked black and Hispanic residents of low-income neighborhoods in particular about policing. Fifty-nine percent of both black and Hispanic respondents said they wanted police to spend more time in their communities.

2 hours ago, einsteinjr said:

It literally happened once.  Sh*t happens and I'm not going to go to the police and expect them to figure out who did it.  They have better things to do.

And please don't tell me graffiti isn't a "problem" in other cities.

Tim is rationalizing his fox news driven anger towards the libs by not even acknowledging the many other factors that have driven up crime and homelessness. 

Pointing out that many of the public spaces were closed by the pandemic for 2 years is not an excuse - it's a fact. 

Pointing out that cities across the country have the same issues is a fact not an excuse.

Pointing out that police response to property crimes sucked before CHOP is a fact not an excuse.

All of which are facts counter to Tim's consistent narrative about libs ruining Seattle by scaring the police officers away.

If I had a magic wand, I'd build a giant homeless center right next to Tim's house so that Seattle would be free of homeless and Tim's sensitive eyes would never have to see a homeless person or a swear word in the City of Seattle again.  Everyone wins!

Pathetic response.

These things don't have to be nearly as big of a problem as they are in Seattle.  Its the direct result of runaway liberalism.    Pure and simple.    Look at Bellevue if you want an example.   Its right across the bridge and a totally different world.   Seattle screwed itself with the defund the police crap and endorsing de-criminalization of actual crimes which are now running rampant.    It so obvious.   Your 'whataboutism' is comical and offers insight into why Seattle is in this mess instead of cleaning it up.    

• Thanks 1

Second article is fine. First article is a bunch of nonsense.

First article is right on target.   I already know that the cops don't investigate sexual assault and it's a big deal at UW.   You are so full of excuses while the reality is a shocking lack of police presence in the city.   And guess what that means?    A lack of public safety and rampant crime.   Its all good though. 👍 

Second article is fine. First article is a bunch of nonsense.

Is it?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/seattle-city-council-move-to-abolish-police-department-with-new-bill/

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/protests/seattle-police-carmen-best-is-resigning-sources-say/281-c5a9f277-68a7-45f1-b3dc-4c4d616a7458

Thankfully more rational heads prevailed.....BARELY.... 

And I still can't figure out why they screwed over Carmen Best.  She was the ideal Chief....a "WOMAN OF COLOR"  worked her way up through the ranks?  Poster child for diversity.....You would *think* they would be building statues in her honor and making her birthday a city holiday.

For the record, my somewhat demeaning comments about her are more a reflection of the stupidity of all that is Seattle Politics.  I thought she was doing a really good job under the circumstances of being put in a no-win situation, she EARNED the position, and seemed to be popular with the officers in the department.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Is it?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/seattle-city-council-move-to-abolish-police-department-with-new-bill/

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/protests/seattle-police-carmen-best-is-resigning-sources-say/281-c5a9f277-68a7-45f1-b3dc-4c4d616a7458

Thankfully more rational heads prevailed.....BARELY.... 

And I still can't figure out why they screwed over Carmen Best.  She was the ideal Chief....a "WOMAN OF COLOR"  worked her way up through the ranks?  Poster child for diversity.....You would *think* they would be building statues in her honor and making her birthday a city holiday.

For the record, my somewhat demeaning comments about her are more a reflection of the stupidity of all that is Seattle Politics.  I thought she was doing a really good job under the circumstances of being put in a no-win situation, she EARNED the position, and seemed to be popular with the officers in the department.

This is the city that allowed a 6 square block area to become another country and then chased away its police force and decided that homeless encampments and graffiti no longer need to be cleaned up.  And don't bother reporting property crimes or assault of any kind... there is no one left to even follow up.    And the best answer that einsteinjr can come up with is that there are problems in other cities.   😀  

Seattle is a mess and its become much worse over the last 2 years.    Similar to other very liberal cities.   

• Like 2