Politics Thread v5.0

Andie

CRIME out of control...

Stock market crashing

Labor force still missing

Shortage of pilots, teachers, doctors and nurses

Border wide open (fentanyl killing 300 a day, no mention of that on the mainstream media, they were sure happy to keep a running total of the BS body count on the COVID front)

Inflation destroying your average American(no end in sight on that)

Censoring American Free Speech

We're funding a war which makes us at war(or just sending slush funds)

Gas/diesel still too high and about to go higher....again

More and more Americans living check too check, adding to CC debt, and losing all savings they gained under Trump

Schools are terrible for our youth

Supply chain issues worsening

This country is a complete mess and things will likely be much worse over the next year, all on the Democrats watch. I'm not sure how anyone can defend this administration. There is no denying, this country was in a much better spot under Trump. 

I can't believe that folks would walk into the midterms and vote these same people back into office. They must truly hate this country. I'm not saying vote Trump back in, I'm saying if you love this country and our freedoms, we must vote NEW! 

NEW NEW NEW 

• Like 1
  • lol 1

5 hours ago, Andie said:

I may be the only Texan hoping Trump doesn’t run.  Please pick a better, less annoying, conservative.  
We need to get out of that loop.  
I don’t think I can tolerate another administration with him dominating the news cycle.  

I have no problem with Conservative views or candidates.  But Trumps’ talking et nauseam for 4 yrs., - oh no.   
And Biden’s stammering has to go too.  
Somebody save me!

I agree. The longer Trump is around to annoy them, the angrier and more radical the left will become.

The radical left's definition of democracy:

A country without borders and free from religion (except Islam) where abortion is allowed up to birth with no restrictions, same-sex couples can marry, polyamory should be considered legal, and biological males can dominate women's sports and set records. For the sake of equity, no one is allowed to be better off than another person unless they belong to an oppressed group. Anyone who disagrees is a fascist who must be silenced, censored, re-educated, locked up or even executed for the sake of the common good.

• lol 1

🤔😕😐🫤   😁

Yeah. Those are “rules”, so straighten up and fly right!! 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

8 hours ago, Andie said:

Gotta share some of Texas’ border rancher’s reality. 

5E8F0F26-6A9B-46AF-B32A-573CC3A8237B.png

A2230B5E-7951-4E57-92E4-3ECE9CC47B10.png

This flood of illegals is a slow motion tragedy unfolding right before our eyes.  It just kills me something can't be done to overrule Biden on his complacency on this.  How can the Democrats even defend this?

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 0

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

3 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

A country without borders and free from religion (except Islam) where abortion is allowed up to birth with no restrictions, same-sex couples can marry, polyamory should be considered legal, and biological males can dominate women's sports and set records. For the sake of equity, no one is allowed to be better off than another person unless they belong to an oppressed group. Anyone who disagrees is a fascist who must be silenced, censored, re-educated, locked up or even executed for the sake of the common good.

Yup.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

Where did the libs dig up this winner.  I wonder if the lefties on here will consider him worse than somebody who dares to go to a Trump rally.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-admitted-killing-republican-teen-his-life-job-jeopardized

So many disturbing things about this story, including the fact he's out on a $10,000 bond (which the guy who ran over the boy thought was too high).  All of this over a political argument.  This country is in a bad way right now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

5 hours ago, MIKEKC said:

CRIME out of control...

Stock market crashing

Border wide open (fentanyl killing 300 a day, no mention of that on the mainstream media, they were sure happy to keep a running total of the BS body count on the COVID front)

More and more Americans living check too check, adding to CC debt, and losing all savings they gained under Trump

This country is a complete mess and things will likely be much worse over the next year, all on the Democrats watch. I'm not sure how anyone can defend this administration. There is no denying, this country was in a much better spot under Trump. 

I can't believe that folks would walk into the midterms and vote these same people back into office. They must truly hate this country. I'm not saying vote Trump back in, I'm saying if you love this country and our freedoms, we must vote NEW! 

NEW NEW NEW 

The elections haven't happened yet.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

9 hours ago, Andie said:

I may be the only Texan hoping Trump doesn’t run.  Please pick a better, less annoying, conservative.  
We need to get out of that loop.  
I don’t think I can tolerate another administration with him dominating the news cycle.  

I have no problem with Conservative views or candidates.  But Trumps’ talking et nauseam for 4 yrs., - oh no.   
And Biden’s stammering has to go too.  
Somebody save me!

I agree, but only because of the baggage he has now.  I think Trump was the right guy in 2016, but now we need somebody new to continue what he started.  DeSantis is perfect.  All of the good traits of Trump, but few of the bad ones.  They are both bulldogs that really want to turn this mess around.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

2 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

This flood of illegals is a slow motion tragedy unfolding right before our eyes.  It just kills me something can't be done to overrule Biden on his complacency on this.  How can the Democrats even defend this?

This Administration won’t do a thing.  
We’ve tried. We’ve sued. So Texas is spending in excess of its own money - billions, yes, to try to get this under control. Frankly we need the Marines.  

I had one encounter with a van full of these animals.  To say they were cat calls is polite.  I speak enough Spanish to know it was all profanity…and I’m officially a senior citizen.  I worry for women under 30.  
Bottom line. This country has major problems and more Texans are packin’.

• Weenie 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

19 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

He probably had files showing the crimes committed by the DOJ in trying to bring him down with fake dossiers and wild tales cooked up by Hillary and her friends.  Pretty serious stuff conspiring to bring down a sitting President with false accusations.  Believing everything the MSM says is your first mistake.

And he was just going to keep them stored in boxes he declassified (by mind control?)

I mean now I have to ask, do you believe your own bullsh*t coming out of your mouth?

You’re claiming dear fuhrer had THE JACKPOT GOLDMINE OF INFORMATION, THE RED MEAT that gets you red hats frothing at the mouths and he just sat on it for over a year and did nothing? I mean he did declassify everything with his mind, so it was now free and clear to share at his jerk me off rallies or on Truth Social or on Hannity, right?😂🤡

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

BTW.  Dan Bongino has an interview with an FBI whistle blower coming up that will uncover unconstitutional behavior being committed by the rat infested Bureau.  The guy is not hiding his identity either so it will carry much more weight.  The FBI has become the "law enforcement" arm of the Democrat Party.  Kind of like the KGB in the old Soviet Union.  

Oh boy! Can’t wait! Watch party at the wizards house!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

I agree. The longer Trump is around to annoy them, the angrier and more radical the left will become.

You hobos rioted at the Capitol and tried to violently overthrow an election bc your guy lost. I'm trying to remember if the Left did anything like that in 2016......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andie said:

This Administration won’t do a thing.  
We’ve tried. We’ve sued. So Texas is spending in excess of its own money - billions, yes, to try to get this under control. Frankly we need the Marines.  

I had one encounter with a van full of these animals.  To say they were cat calls is polite.  I speak enough Spanish to know it was all profanity…and I’m officially a senior citizen.  I worry for women under 30.  
Bottom line. This country has major problems and more Texans are packin’.

Hey Andie- tell us what specific border enforcement policies that Biden has changed since being in office.

I mean he did get Mexico to help pay for border security.....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-mexico-pay-15-billion-us-border-security/story?id=86672772

It's actually pretty disgusting that your post seemingly infers it's just a bunch of "animals" coming across the border.

Crime rates of border towns actually say otherwise...

https://www.southernborder.org/border-facts

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

You hobos rioted at the Capitol and tried to violently overthrow an election bc your guy lost. I'm trying to remember if the Left did anything like that in 2016......

One guy tried to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh recently. To your dismay, they did not succeed or you'd have thrown a party in your backyard requiring all attendees to be double masked and vaccinated and boosted.

Government buildings in Portland were destroyed during the summer of love.

Last year a leftist ran over some people at a Christmas parade. 

If you give me your address I'll send over some illegals. I cannot assure you they are vaccinated though,  so you take the risk.

• lol 1

9 hours ago, MIKEKC said:

CRIME out of control...

Stock market crashing

NEW NEW NEW 

You're a walking Hannity commercial.

Crime rates: U.S. crime rate & statistics for 2020 was 6.52, a 28.64% increase from 2019. Tell us all who was president in 2020? https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/crime-rate-statistics

Stock market: GLOBAL STOCKS posted worst first half in decades (hint: not just the US stock market) https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/jun/30/uk-house-price-growth-inflation-crypto-gdp-opec-oil-business-live

Labor force: unemployment numbers have returned to pre pandemic levels. Hey- who was in office when we had the highest unemployment number ever of 14.7% in April 2020?

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

Shortage of pilots, doctors, teachers, and nurses: do you blame them after the way they were treated during the pandemic by the right wing nut jobs? Between not believing the medical field and thinking it was all being made up by them, to ignoring their pleas to help with the pandemic and instead flooding the hospitals with sickness and death, to claiming that teachers were abusing the kids with masks and are "indoctrinating" them, to facing threats and abuse at school meetings, to being underpaid and underappreciated, to mass amounts of violence on airplanes bc of having to wear a mask, why would anyone want to work in those fields? And my wife's a teacher....

Border: is no more wide open than it was before. Biden hasn't taken down any parts of the wall or removed the border patrol. Fentanyl has long been a huge problem ignored in the country WAY before Biden.

Inflation: IS A GLOBAL PROBLEM RIGHT NOW. Move anywhere you want and you'll experience inflation. https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2022/07/26/world-economic-outlook-update-july-2022

https://www.epi.org/blog/rising-inflation-is-a-global-problem-u-s-policy-choices-are-not-to-blame/

Censoring: shocking! A complete misunderstanding of 1st amendment and free speech.

Helping Ukraine- I know, it's bad to go against Putin.

Gas/Diesel: psst, presidents don't control gas prices. Again a global supply problem. See other country's gas prices. https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-crude-output-petroleum-demand-rise-2022-eia-2022-07-12/

Oil companies are actually probably really happy producing what they are and having the price where it is so they can keep making record profits of BILLIONS of dollars per quarter. But sure be mad at Biden.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-18/shale-wildcatters-send-bullish-oil-price-signal-with-output-restraint

Here in Omaha, gas has risen from $3.15/gal to $3.59/gal. Sucks. I'm still trying to figure out why considering, demand is down, we're past peak season driving (after Labor Day), oil prices are down and still falling "WTI crude futures steadied near $84 per barrel on Friday but were still headed for their fourth straight losing week, as central banks around the world raised interest rates further this week, stoking concerns about a global economic slowdown and weighing on the outlook for energy demand. The US Federal Reserve led the charge with its third straight 75 basis point rate hike, along with increases by the Bank of England and the Swiss National Bank, among others. A strong dollar rally driven by the Fed’s aggressive stance against inflation and safe-haven demand also dented sentiment, as it makes greenback-priced oil more expensive for buyers holding other currencies. Meanwhile, oil prices were kept from further losses on Friday following reports that efforts to revive the 2015 Iran nuclear deal have stalled. Investors also monitored Russia’s partial military mobilization that could disrupt supply further, rebounding Chinese demand and the possibility of more output cuts from OPEC+.",  no hurricanes have hit the US and interrupted production.... Yet gas is up 15% in the last 3 weeks. Here's a hint: it's called GREED.

Credit card debt: yes debt is going up due to rising cost of inflation (again just not a US issue), but your everyone was rich and free of debt during Trumpy is a complete lie. "With the increase, Americans’ credit card debt stands $40 billion below the record set in the fourth quarter of 2019, when balances stood at $927 billion. "  Hey- who was president in 2019??

You should take a look at this chart and tell me what you see with credit card debt until the pandemic when people actually were paying off their debt!!

https://www.lendingtree.com/content/uploads/2022/08/ccs-chart-3-4.png

Our education system has been in shambles for YEARS AND YEARS. Nothing that has suddenly changed under Biden.

Supply chains are A GLOBAL PROBLEM. Sure am glad Biden is bring back a RECORD NUMBER OF MANUFACTURING JOBS TO THE US!! Even found a FOX NEWS video for you: https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6311354547112#sp=show-clips

You're just like all the other FauxNews viewers. I'd stick your head outside once in a while. There's a reason why Donnie got his a** kicked by 7 MILLION votes, and it wasn't bc the country was doing so great under the GOP.

Biden passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill, the biggest investment in our country's infrastructure in decades. I remember when every week was infrastructure week with Donald yet he never passed anything, much like his amazing new healthcare bill that never appeared.

He passed the CHIPS ACT- seems like a good thing for the AMERICAN MANUFACTURING you guys always scream about. https://www.semiconductors.org/chips/

He passed the burn pit bill to help our veterans.

He passed the inflation reduction act which addresses energy, caps medical costs, lowers insulin costs, and reduces the deficit.

Speaking of the deficit- he had the largest deficit reduction ever. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/biden-administration-forecasts-1-03-trillion-deficit-down-by-nearly-400-billion

He passed the first major gun legislation in DECADES.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/8/28/23325019/president-joe-biden-franklin-roosevelt-lyndon-johnson-ronald-reagan

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

One guy tried to assassinate Brett Kavanaugh recently. To your dismay, they did not succeed or you'd have thrown a party in your backyard requiring all attendees to be double masked and vaccinated and boosted.

Government buildings in Portland were destroyed during the summer of love.

Last year a leftist ran over some people at a Christmas parade. 

If you give me your address I'll send over some illegals. I cannot assure you they are vaccinated though,  so you take the risk.

Wow you really are still crying about the abuse you took from the piece of cloth on your face. Two vaccine comments in one post!!

"I like beer" Kavanaugh was in no more danger than any other politician etc has been. It was a nice story blown up though by Faux News. "He spoke calmly, according to the recordings, and told the operator he had just arrived from California and had planned to hurt Kavanaugh and then himself. He said that his gun was locked in a case in his suitcase and that he needed psychiatric help, according to the recordings. Montgomery officers raced out and took him into custody without incident."

Speaking of celebrating, why was Donnie hanging out and watching the riots for 3+ hours in the WH, cheering them on, and agreeing that Pence should be hung, before finally being drug out in front of the camera to tell his cult members to go home?

Your guy's whataboutism in trying to compare these 2 events is truly something. Protests against police brutality that unfortunately turned into acts of vandalism by some bad apples vs. a large group of people that preplanned storming the Capitol to stop the CERTIFICATION OF THE US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION and kidnap/kill officials if needed all to force their leader to remain president. Of course, you do think it was just a "tourist visit" and "normal political discourse" on J6, so seeing Starbucks burning was pretty horrific.

A couple of months ago a Righty ran over pro choice protestors in Iowa.

Go ahead and send them to our house, we'll take care of them in any way we can and our church and community will also help BC THEY'RE HUMAN BEINGS. Are you going to donate to DeSantis's legal fees for his illegal political theater stunt?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Now do the "religious right" and god and schools and churches.

Christianity is the only religion allowed in this country and shall be taught in schools starting with a prayer every morning. Anyone who doesn't believe in our imaginary God is evil and a pedophile who eats babies and must not be allowed to live freely in this country. Christianity is the official religion of peace and love, and Islam is a religion of evil terrorists. Our Christian government will enforce our beliefs on all people by not allowing homosexual people to marry and live in peace even though it doesn't affect anyone else personally if two men or women are married. We want every child conceived to be born, but we don't want homosexuals being able to adopt kids bc traditional marriage with a 50+% divorce rate is a much better situation for the kids.

Giving rights to people different or worse off then me is discrimination against me as a white man!

We will also attack and ridicule those who are unsure of their sexual being and want to change just so they can win ribbons in high school track.

We will not allow history books that talk about the bad things that have happened in this country or show white people in a bad light, or have stuff specifically not allowed in the Bible. Reading books that talk about slavery will make people hate me. Allowing students to read about homosexual people will make my kid gay. We will ban and censor all of those books and literature.

Rape is a part of God's plan and therefore any baby that comes from rape is a miracle of God and the girl/victim shall be forced to carry this child to term. This includes even barely teenage girls who we will force to travel to other states and then try and prosecute her doctor. We will have $10k bounties for information leading to anyone performing, getting, or helping a woman get an abortion. Once this single, teenage girl has this baby, we will call her a and lazy for needing assistance in raising the baby. We will have the SC overthrow established law bc it "should be up to the individual states" and then a couple of months later, we will introduce a bill to make abortion illegal in the entire country.

We will shut down the borders of this country with massive walls and allow only white people from European countries to immigrate here. We will show the people traveling to our borders our peace and love as Christians by saying all people coming to the US for a better life are "illegals" and "animals".

Bc we believe in life so much, we want unlimited access to any guns anyone wants bc "it's my god given right", but healthcare isn't a right, because "my money isn't going to help pay for someone else's hospital bills. I ain't living in no society where healthcare is universal" It's just like God told me to treat my neighbors.

Did I miss anything Marine?

11 hours ago, MIKEKC said:

CRIME out of control...

Stock market crashing

NEW NEW NEW 

Oopsie Michael.

The study found that murder rates in the 25 states Trump carried in 2020 are 40% higher overall than in the states Biden won. (The report used 2020 data because 2021 data is not yet fully available.) The five states with the highest per capita murder rate — Mississippi, Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri — all lean Republican and voted for Trump.

https://news.yahoo.com/republican-controlled-states-have-higher-murder-rates-than-democratic-ones-study-212137750.html

6 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Where did the libs dig up this winner.  I wonder if the lefties on here will consider him worse than somebody who dares to go to a Trump rally.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-dakota-man-admitted-killing-republican-teen-his-life-job-jeopardized

So many disturbing things about this story, including the fact he's out on a $10,000 bond (which the guy who ran over the boy thought was too high).  All of this over a political argument.  This country is in a bad way right now.

Your pal Ice here on the forum literally just was quoting Trump warning about violence by his supporters if he is indicted.

^ I thought these two were banned from the politics thread? 

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

12 hours ago, MIKEKC said:

***Blah blah blah and hyperbole***

I'm not saying vote Trump back in, I'm saying if you love this country and our freedoms, we must vote NEW! 

NEW NEW NEW 

Does that mean BOTH parties?  Why not go all the way and get a third party?  We can call it the "Moderate" party.

What say you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Does that mean BOTH parties?  Why not go all the way and get a third party?  We can call it the "Moderate" party.

What say you?

Might be the only way to heal the country.  The path we are on is terrible.

As extreme as I seem I have taken a test to see where I fall politically, and the results were conservative leaning Libertarian.  To me maintaining our freedoms is paramount.  That is not the way we are going right now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

35 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Aww c’mon man!! The weather’s slow right now. Besides isn’t that censoring and violating my 1st amendment rights just like Mike said above? Banning is a total Biden/democrat move!!🤔🤔😂

I'm happy to hear freedom of speech is important to you.  Maybe you should tell the people who run twitter, Facebook, and the other big platforms that their censorship of conservative thought is unacceptable.  

I honestly believe the big players on your side aren't exactly what you think they are.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

11 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Might be the only way to heal the country.  The path we are on is terrible.

As extreme as I seem I have taken a test to see where I fall politically, and the results were conservative leaning Libertarian.  To me maintaining our freedoms is paramount.  That is not the way we are going right now.

Nothing wrong with having conservative libertarian views.  I am all over the map. 

The problem is the belief that cooperation and compromise is failure or selling out.  That is the only way problems are solved in such a heterogeneous society such as the U.S.  We have to let the will of the people ebb and flow over time and not have the extremists hold it hostage.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Now do the "religious right" and god and schools and churches.

Christianity is the only religion allowed in this country and shall be taught in schools starting with a prayer every morning. Anyone who doesn't believe in our imaginary God is evil and a pedophile who eats babies and must not be allowed to live freely in this country. Christianity is the official religion of peace and love, and Islam is a religion of evil terrorists. Our Christian government will enforce our beliefs on all people by not allowing homosexual people to marry and live in peace even though it doesn't affect anyone else personally if two men or women are married. We want every child conceived to be born, but we don't want homosexuals being able to adopt kids bc traditional marriage with a 50+% divorce rate is a much better situation for the kids.

Giving rights to people different or worse off then me is discrimination against me as a white man!

We will also attack and ridicule those who are unsure of their sexual being and want to change just so they can win ribbons in high school track.

We will not allow history books that talk about the bad things that have happened in this country or show white people in a bad light, or have stuff specifically not allowed in the Bible. Reading books that talk about slavery will make people hate me. Allowing students to read about homosexual people will make my kid gay. We will ban and censor all of those books and literature.

Rape is a part of God's plan and therefore any baby that comes from rape is a miracle of God and the girl/victim shall be forced to carry this child to term. This includes even barely teenage girls who we will force to travel to other states and then try and prosecute her doctor. We will have $10k bounties for information leading to anyone performing, getting, or helping a woman get an abortion. Once this single, teenage girl has this baby, we will call her a and lazy for needing assistance in raising the baby. We will have the SC overthrow established law bc it "should be up to the individual states" and then a couple of months later, we will introduce a bill to make abortion illegal in the entire country.

We will shut down the borders of this country with massive walls and allow only white people from European countries to immigrate here. We will show the people traveling to our borders our peace and love as Christians by saying all people coming to the US for a better life are "illegals" and "animals".

Bc we believe in life so much, we want unlimited access to any guns anyone wants bc "it's my god given right", but healthcare isn't a right, because "my money isn't going to help pay for someone else's hospital bills. I ain't living in no society where healthcare is universal" It's just like God told me to treat my neighbors.

Did I miss anything Marine?

The first amendment gives freedom of religion. As far as I know there are churches, synagogues and mosques where I live and the government won't try to arrest anyone for practicing their religion. That was not the case in leftist countries like the USSR.

I don't think the Bible should be read in public schools today. During the days that it was read, most people were Christians though and others did not complain. 

The Koran says homosexuality is immoral, but no one worries about that. Why aren't Muslims called bigots for practicing these beliefs? In some Muslim governments you can be executed for homosexuality.

Today some churches will perform a same-sex marriage, but it seems some gay people look for the ones that won't do it and then they try to arrest the pastors to prove that they are bigots.

Schools are welcome to teach accurate history of slavery, segregation and other things like the Democrat-founded KKK. The 1619 Project and critical race theory do not teach accurate history. Liberal scholars have debunked it. Critical race theory says that all whites are guilty of racism by supporting a capitalist economy and that America must be rebuilt from scratch. It opposes the beliefs of classical liberalism and says MLK was naive in his belief that people should be treated by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. 

98% of abortions are NOT because of rape/incest or saving the life of the mother. The law the Republicans are posing would ban abortion after 15 weeks. I think we should let the people vote on abortion and don't require our tax money to pay for abortions. 

I have no problem with universal health care as long as the already insured people can keep what they have if they like it. It should not be a situation where the ONLY healthcare available comes from the government, like Bernie Sanders proposed. Even retired people on Medicare today have private insurance options.

Blacks and Hispanics may come into the country legally. Where are the laws that say only white people are allowed? However border security is necessary to prevent drugs and weapons from being smuggled in. Even Hispanics are complaining about the border situation. Assume that a person breaks into your house at night and says all that they want is food from your refrigerator. Is it OK that the person broke in?

50% divorce rate among heterosexual couples? Is the divorce rate lower for homosexual couples? Does a child have a right to a mother and father or not? Speaking of adoption though, it seems to be a good alternative to abortion.

In one of the recent shootings a bystander had a gun and stopped the situation before it got out of control. What would have happened if the bystander did not have the gun? Crazy people will always find a way to get guns, whether they are legal or not.

• Weenie 2

14 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Hey Andie- tell us what specific border enforcement policies that Biden has changed since being in office.

I mean he did get Mexico to help pay for border security.....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abc-mexico-pay-15-billion-us-border-security/story?id=86672772

It's actually pretty disgusting that your post seemingly infers it's just a bunch of "animals" coming across the border.

Crime rates of border towns actually say otherwise...

https://www.southernborder.org/border-facts

I talk to a number of border ranchers whose property is damaged, livestock lost, homes are broken into. It’s not all sweetness and light down there.

I have family that lives on the Az border too  Have had 2 border mayors and city counsel members in the family.  Their lives are frequently threatened by cartels.  

One of my Uncles lost his son to a cartel member bullet. His boy was a good man and died only because he was related to a border Mayor. 
The Mx cartel men beat him, broke both of his legs and shot him in the head  His girlfriend was shot, and burned using an acetylene torch. They couldn’t determine if she was raped. 
His mother grieved herself to death in 2 yrs   

Yes. Residents are having a tough time all along the border. 
So yeah, lecture me all you like. It’s a free country. But I worry about my family and their lives as these Mayors try to secure their border cities and keep their family safe.  
There’s much that isn’t reported as in my family.  
Kenny was a very fine young man.  

10 hours ago, IMoveALot_Weather said:

^ I thought these two were banned from the politics thread? 

Yep, it was me and Sparky who were banned as well as that Nebraskan storm chaser who faces severe mental health issues due to the fact that the Republican party exists.

When they merged the forums, they let us back in.

Is @Iceresistance Sparky?

• Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

I did a bit of a deep dive into some polling data last night and saw something very interesting when looking at a breakdown of the Trafalgar generic poll for Congress.  In the breakdown it showed more democrats participated in the poll than republicans, and more women participated than men by a fair margin.  With the party breakdown there was a large percentage that called themselves independents.  Anyway...in spite of everything the poll showed republicans +6 on their latest one.  With women more likely to vote democrat than men I think a red wave could still easily happen in November, assuming men are still just as likely to actually vote than women in spite of them not being as likely to participate in polls.

The million dollar question is...are men less likely to participate in polls, but still just as likely as women to actually vote.  If so, this might explain some of the polls in recent years that are horribly biased in favor of Democrats.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

9 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

The first amendment gives freedom of religion. As far as I know there are churches, synagogues and mosques where I live and the government won't try to arrest anyone for practicing their religion. That was not the case in leftist countries like the USSR.

I don't think the Bible should be read in public schools today. During the days that it was read, most people were Christians though and others did not complain. 

The Koran says homosexulity is immoral, but no one worries about that. In some Muslim governments you can be executed for homosexuality.

Today some churches will perform a same-sex marriage, but it seems some gay people look for the ones that won't do it and then they try to arrest the pastors to prove that they are bigots.

Schools are welcome to teach accurate history of slavery, segregation and other things like the Democrat-founded KKK. The 1619 Project and critical race theory do not teach accurate history. Liberal scholars have debunked it. Critical race theory says that all whites are guilty of racism by supporting a capitalist economy and that America must be rebuilt from scratch. It opposes the beliefs of classical liberalism and says MLK was naive in his belief that people should be treated by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. 

98% of abortions are NOT because of rape/incest or saving the life of the mother. The law the Republicans are posing would ban abortion after 15 weeks. I think we should let the people vote on abortion and don't require our tax money to pay for abortions. 

I have no problem with universal health care as long as the already insured people can keep what they have if they like it. It should not be a situation where the ONLY healthcare available comes from the government, like Bernie Sanders proposed. Even retired people on Medicare today have private insurance options.

Blacks and Hispanics may come into the country legally. Where are the laws that say only white people are allowed? However border security is necessary to prevent drugs and weapons from being smuggled in. Even Hispanics are complaining about the border situation. Assume that a person breaks into your house at night and says all that they want is food from your refrigerator. Is it OK that the person broke in?

50% divorce rate among heterosexual couples? Is the divorce rate lower for homosexual couples? Does a child have a right to a mother and father or not?

In one of the recent shootings a bystander had a gun and stopped the situation before it got out of control. What would have happened if the bystander did not have the gun? Crazy people will always find a way to get guns, whether they are legal or not.

Bingo! Bingo! I got a BINGO!

right-wing-bingo.png

• Like 1
  • lol 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

6 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Yep, it was me and Sparky who were banned as well as that Nebraskan storm chaser who faces severe mental health issues due to the fact that the Republican party exists.

When they merged the forums, they let us back in.

Is @Iceresistance Sparky?

My question is how can someone from Nebraska be THAT far left.  Must be just as hard as a conservative living in CA.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

5 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Bingo! Bingo! I got a BINGO!

right-wing-bingo.png

Just commenting on the first square....sheeple are actually the ones who blindly follow an out of control increasingly dictatorial government.  You know....the kind that want to tell you want kind of car you can drive.

Also the last square.  Trump was one of the most Israel friendly Presidents in history.  Your side has most of the anti-Semites.  You guys think you are so clever!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

Just now, snow_wizard said:

Just commenting on the first square....sheeple are actually the ones who blindly follow an out of control increasingly dictatorial government.  You know....the kind that want to tell you want kind of car you can drive.

Fact check: Biden is not the US president who — in not just one but two elections — announced that a fair election was one in which he won, and when he didn’t win, attempted to launch an insurrection to install himself dictator for life.

Stop projecting your own side’s negative attributes onto others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andie said:

I talk to a number of border ranchers whose property is damaged, livestock lost, homes are broken into. It’s not all sweetness and light down there.

I have family that lives on the Az border too  Have had 2 border mayors and city counsel members in the family.  Their lives are frequently threatened by cartels.  

One of my Uncles lost his son to a cartel member bullet. His boy was a good man and died only because he was related to a border Mayor. 

Residents are having a tough time.  
So yeah, lecture me all you like. It’s a free country. But I worry about my family and their lives as they try to secure their border cities and keep their family safe.  
There’s much that isn’t reported.   

I'm betting there have been cases of ranchers shall we say...doing whatever it takes to protect their property.  The government has left that as the only option.

What Biden is doing is disgusting.  There is really nothing the Democrats can say to justify his dereliction of duty in protecting the border.

• Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

4 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Fact check: Biden is not the US president who — in not just one but two elections — announced that a fair election was one in which he won, and when he didn’t win, attempted to launch an insurrection to install himself dictator for life.

Stop projecting your own side’s negative attributes onto others.

That's exactly what your side does.  Calling us all a bunch of racists when all of the racism going is from the Democrats.  We want to be color blind in this country, but the left keeps pushing identity politics which is by definition grouping people by the color of their skin.

We can do this till the cows come home.

Do you seriously believe your side is without blame in all of this turmoil going on right now?

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

BTW...does anyone on here want to take a stab at defending Biden's open border policy?  It's an absolute train wreck and puts unfair pressure on border states to deal with the influx of people who are arriving by the thousands every day.  We all saw how the lefties in Martha's Vinyard reacted when they had to deal with 50 of them!

This is indefensible.  The President should not have absolute power in dealing with immigration.  I admit I liked that when Trump was President, but it has to change regardless of what party the President is from.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

The open border is deadly. 
I’ve buried the results of our border policy managed by both Republican and Democrat.  

So the current management is totally F’d-up.  I blame my cousin’s death on the government.  Political party is irrelevant.  

41 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

That's exactly what your side does.  Calling us all a bunch of racists when all of the racism going is from the Democrats.  We want to be color blind in this country, but the left keeps pushing identity politics which is by definition grouping people by the color of their skin.

We can do this till the cows come home.

Do you seriously believe your side is without blame in all of this turmoil going on right now?

All the racism is coming from the Democrats?

All of it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

All the racism is coming from the Democrats?

All of it?

I shouldn't have said all of course.  As for the other question....it takes two to tango as they say.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

22 minutes ago, Andie said:

The open border is deadly. 
I’ve buried the results of our border policy managed by both Republican and Democrat.  

So the current management is totally F’d-up.  I blame my cousin’s death on the government.  Political party is irrelevant.  

As I mentioned in a post a while back a man who was killed by an illegal up here can be blamed directly on the State of WA and King County.   The guy was killed a few miles from where I go mining so it hit pretty close to home.  The illegal was supposed to have been turned over to ICE, but it didn't happen because of our state and county government breaking Federal law.  Just sickening.

If the first part of your post means what I think.  OMG.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

3 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

You need to have five red squares in the same row or column to get a Bingo.

He's a liberal.  You have to cut them some slack.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0