Politics Thread v5.0

Andie

In a nice little bit of irony it turns out the company that owns the planes that sent the migrants to Martha's Vinyard is based in Oregon!  Nice to see a blue state contributing to some sanity!

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 0

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

A Black child is breathing. The child is in a very dark place, but that's OK. He is happy and his heart is beating.  Suddenly he senses that something is wrong. Very wrong!

Suddenly his body begins to feel pain. The pain gets gradually worse. "I can't breathe" he thinks. The suffocating feeling is horrible, but there's nothing the child can do but wait as he slowly dies. His heart beats faster. "I can't breathe", he thinks again. The misery lasts for an hour, but to him it feels like forever. Eventually the Black child dies and the pain is all over. His mother is now reading Antiracist Baby by Ibram X. Kendi.

The abortion is over. Of course Black lives matter, but for the tolerant left, unborn Black lives will never matter.

• lol 1
  • Sick 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

A Black child is breathing. The child is in a very dark place, but that's OK. He is happy and his heart is beating.  Suddenly he senses that something is wrong. Very wrong!

Suddenly his body begins to feel pain. The pain gets gradually worse. "I can't breathe" he thinks. The suffocating feeling is horrible, but there's nothing the child can do but wait as he slowly dies. His heart beats faster. "I can't breathe", he thinks again. The misery lasts for an hour, but to him it feels like forever. Eventually the Black child dies and the pain is all over. His mother is now reading Antiracist Baby by Ibram X. Kendi.

The abortion is over. Of course Black lives matter, but for the tolerant left, unborn Black lives will never matter.

Quit acting like you guys care about the unborn. It’s nothing more than a political tool for you 

1447F806-E54A-4F63-80BE-017CDE0E5268.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Troll 1

14 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

I'm happy to hear freedom of speech is important to you.  Maybe you should tell the people who run twitter, Facebook, and the other big platforms that their censorship of conservative thought is unacceptable.  

I honestly believe the big players on your side aren't exactly what you think they are.

I’ve been banned here and all of those sites too at one point or another and I didn’t cry to mommy or my governor. Again you have no understanding of 1A. Shocking.

8 hours ago, Andie said:

I talk to a number of border ranchers whose property is damaged, livestock lost, homes are broken into. It’s not all sweetness and light down there.

I have family that lives on the Az border too  Have had 2 border mayors and city counsel members in the family.  Their lives are frequently threatened by cartels.  

One of my Uncles lost his son to a cartel member bullet. His boy was a good man and died only because he was related to a border Mayor. 
The Mx cartel men beat him, broke both of his legs and shot him in the head  His girlfriend was shot, and burned using an acetylene torch. They couldn’t determine if she was raped. 
His mother grieved herself to death in 2 yrs   

Yes. Residents are having a tough time all along the border. 
So yeah, lecture me all you like. It’s a free country. But I worry about my family and their lives as these Mayors try to secure their border cities and keep their family safe.  
There’s much that isn’t reported as in my family.  
Kenny was a very fine young man.  

And I’ll ask you again what policies has Biden changed vs what’s been going at the border FOR DECADES?

5 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Yep, it was me and Sparky who were banned as well as that Nebraskan storm chaser who faces severe mental health issues due to the fact that the Republican party exists.

When they merged the forums, they let us back in.

Is @Iceresistance Sparky?

No, Sparky is from a different state

Never day Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

10 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Quit acting like you guys care about the unborn. It’s nothing more than a political tool for you 

We CARE because abortion is MURDER!

• lol 1

5 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

My question is how can someone from Nebraska be THAT far left.  Must be just as hard as a conservative living in CA.

I live in Omaha, population 500k. Multicultural, multi religion, large LGBQT community…. Makes you see more of the real world vs living in podunkville where everyone is white, believes in Jeebus, and hates change!

32 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

😂😂😂

9D1B0FB9-EFA0-4A37-BAE3-1D321E5B570D.jpeg

It's pretty disgusting when you laugh about abortion.  That really cheapens your opinions on here.  Nobody thinks it's funny unless they are deranged.  When do you think it actually is murder?  Babies are able to survive outside of the womb well before 9 months.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

2 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

I live in Omaha, population 500k. Multicultural, multi religion, large LGBQT community…. Makes you see more of the real world vs living in podunkville where everyone is white, believes in Jeebus, and hates change!

Now you're the racist one because I have a pastor of a Baptist church who is black!

4 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Why are you so insulting?  What did a conservative ever do to hurt you?  Why can't people believe in what they want?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

Now you're the racist one because I have a pastor of a Baptist church who is black!

In actuality there are many blacks who are Christians.  It's not just a white thing.

• Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

Just now, OmahaSnowFan said:

Funny since Donnie said he loves the uneducated and the largest portion of the GOP base is white uneducated males🤔

Education doesn't have anything to do with actually being smart in life.  It's almost as if many people who are highly educated lose all common sense.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

25 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

We CARE because abortion is MURDER!

How the F... can anybody think it's funny?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

28 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

And I’ll ask you again what policies has Biden changed vs what’s been going at the border FOR DECADES?

He has basically advertised anyone can come as they please and there will be no consequences.  Trump had a good thing set up with using Mexico as a buffer to greatly reduce the flow of illegals.  He had an agreement with the Mexican government to not let them into their country.

A huge problem right now is people are coming from all over the world and flooding into the US through the Mexican border.  That includes known terrorists.  One of these days there will be an attack and it will be traced to someone who came in that way.  Maybe that will finally wake people up.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Why are you so insulting?  What did a conservative ever do to hurt you?  Why can't people believe in what they want?

Great question. Why does the right want to ban gay marriage and are banning books for example? Why does believe in trans rights make you a pedophile? Why does not believing in your god make someone evil? Why does not supporting unlimited gun access make you not a patriot? Why does believing we’re not the greatest country mean I hate America? I can go on forever….

I guarantee something happened to OmahaSnowFan to make his so over the top leftist/angry.  Indoctrination at school, mistreatment by somebody in a church.  Something.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

1 minute ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Great question. Why does the right want to ban gay marriage and are banning books for example? Why does believe in trans rights make you a pedophile? Why does not believing in your god make someone evil? Why does not supporting unlimited gun access make you not a patriot? Why does believing we’re not the greatest country mean I hate America? I can go on forever….

I will answer these in detail later this evening.

For now, I just wonder why you don't think this country is great.  We have given more aid to the rest of the world than any other country.  We played a large part in saving Europe in WWII, we were the first to go to the moon, many of the all time great inventions came from the US, people from all over the world emulate our culture and style of dress, and the list goes on and on.

Yes we did bad things in the past, but we have rectified them and moved on.  Very few if any countries don't have a dirty past.

• lol 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I guarantee something happened to OmahaSnowFan to make his so over the top leftist/angry.  Indoctrination at school, mistreatment by somebody in a church.  Something.

9 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

He has basically advertised anyone can come as they please and there will be no consequences.  Trump had a good thing set up with using Mexico as a buffer to greatly reduce the flow of illegals.  He had an agreement with the Mexican government to not let them into their country.

A huge problem right now is people are coming from all over the world and flooding into the US through the Mexican border.  That includes known terrorists.  One of these days there will be an attack and it will be traced to someone who came in that way.  Maybe that will finally wake people up.

My money is on another white angry male with lots of guns, since for some reason that’s all they ever are.

2 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

And plenty that aren’t. There’s also plenty of people who pretend they’re Christians too, but don’t follow the teachings of their god!😉

Yes on both counts.  I have nothing but disdain for the zealots who persecuted people for being witches in the past and all of that.  Bastardizing the Bible is a mortal sin and any Christian who is really trying to be true to the Bible realizes that.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

24 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

In actuality there are many blacks who are Christians.  It's not just a white thing.

I know that is true, ask the Southerners!

6 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Also the last square.  Trump was one of the most Israel friendly Presidents in history.  Your side has most of the anti-Semites.  You guys think you are so clever!

I believe the last square refers to the QAnon/Alex Jones-following crowd on the far right, many of whom are both openly anti-Semitic and Islamophobic. And being cozy with Israel is not a compliment. It is also not anti-Semitic to criticize Israel, the brutal apartheid it imposes on Palestinians, and the unending decades-long support by the US ruling class and D.C. uniparty.

My personal weather station: Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2

2022-2023 Season Total: 1.22" (as of (10/1/22)

2021-2022 Season Total: 8.05"

2020-2021 Season Total: 5.40"

2019-2020 Season Total: 15.82"

2018-2019 Season Total: 15.84"

2017-2018 Season Total: 4.63"

2016-2017 Season Total: 15.18"

2015-2016 Season Total: 8.12"

2014-2015 Season Total: 10.09"

2013-2014 Season Total: 7.35"

2012-2013 Season Total: 7.11"

2011-2012 Season Total: 7.02"

2010-2011 Season Total: 17.09"

2009-2010 Season Total: 11.59"

Average Seasonal Precipitation: 10.25" (13 years)

California Water Year/Rainy Season measuring period runs from July 1 to June 30.

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

To my knowledge the border has been ignored.  Folks coming over do so freely.  When our Uncle was Mayor in Az some 25 yrs ago it was different.  

Az is tighter now but Texas is not. The river is wide open. So if laws have been tightened I missed that.  It is managed by the Federal govt. It appears a lot of laws  are ignored in Texas unless they’re going through federal check points.  
What have you heard?

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

7 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Naw, I’m too old for the right’s big scary words “indoctrination at school”. My school teacher wife of 16 years tells you to get a clue. Also my sister who’s a teacher in SoDak tells you the same. And my sister in law…

I was non political/conservative growing up in SoDak, but moved to Omaha 15 years ago and changed parties and haven’t looked back.

It’s basically every policy stance of the GOP. Some aren’t a big deal, others are. When you think of the right, you think “Christian conservatives.” Hypocrites! What bigger proof do you need than selecting Donald Trump as president? To see the way a party and its voters acted and supported him and still do and looked away from the horrible stuff he said and done, is sickening. There’s no Republican Party like there used to be anymore.

Their stance on gay marriage and the HATRED that has brought against that group and the LGBQT community overall. They’re demonizing of trans people as sadistic pedophiles doing this to get in the locker room and win high school ribbons. Everything from their stance on healthcare coverage and their glee in trying to take it away, to the education system you just attacked and the abuse teachers have taken, to climate change and COVID is a hoax. Their infatuation with guns and fealty to the NRA to try and do anything to fix this country’s problem. Their stereotypes of the poor as being lazy and everyone on disability are drug users. Wanting to sunset social security and Medicare as “entitlement programs”. Attacking women’s rights and not letting her choose what’s best for themselves, and creating 10k bounties on people who get or help with an abortion.(Just when you think they can’t get anymore nuts…) The way they stole 3 SC judges. The amount that still believe in the big lie and the 2020 election. Their calling and demonization of immigrants as animals and illegals. Remember when Donnie banned people from Muslim majority countries from flying into this country and wanted to only have people from majority white countries allowed in on immigration?

I changed parties when Obama was running, but Donald for 4 years and what he did to the Republican Party and so many Republicans and is still doing today with their defense of him and the classified documents and his disgusting J6 attack, hiked up my disgust with this party to another level. Myself, my parents, and so many others in RED SoDak waited and waited for other Republicans to say or do something, and instead when someone did like Chaney and Kinzinger they get attacked. Probably 20+ family members in SoDak and Iowa voted democrats for the first time in 2016 and since then. Of course their governor in SoDak is a shady Trump bootlicker too also under investigation, so it made their decisions easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snow_wizard said:

I will answer these in detail later this evening.

For now, I just wonder why you don't think this country is great.  We have given more aid to the rest of the world than any other country.  We played a large part in saving Europe in WWII, we were the first to go to the moon, many of the all time great inventions came from the US, people from all over the world emulate our culture and style of dress, and the list goes on and on.

Yes we did bad things in the past, but we have rectified them and moved on.  Very few if any countries don't have a dirty past.

Just look at almost every metric of living in this country, and we’re nowhere near the top on any of them. I’m not ranking ‘Murica based on whether we allowed slavery in the past etc. 

22 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Just look at almost every metric of living in this country, and we’re nowhere near the top on any of them. I’m not ranking ‘Murica based on whether we allowed slavery in the past etc. 

You're trying to make the past prevent us from moving on the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

My money is on another white angry male with lots of guns, since for some reason that’s all they ever are.

I know a lot of men with guns. All they do is go deer hunting.  They clean their rifle and lock them away till next season.   

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

4 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

You're obviously missing something. We will allow welfare as long as you seek to better yourself and get a job while you're getting that welfare. We are willing to provide education to help you get that job.

Welfare only for those who really need it. We just don't like couch potatoes who make more off their living wage and free handouts than they would actually working.

FULLY CONTROLLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED HEALTHCARE WITH NO OTHER OPTIONS sounds so nice. Exactly what Bernie wanted. But history repeats itself.

Cambodian Pol Pot Regime (1975-1979):

The healthcare system was completely transformed from the preceding health care system during the communist Khmer Rouge regime.[26] Doctors who didn’t join or conform to its totalitarian policies were swiftly expunged. The vast majority were killed, deported, or prohibited from practicing medicine altogether. Estimates vary but some historians believe Cambodians died from starvation, execution, and work during a mass genocide of approximately 1.5 to 2 million Cambodians. As there were no doctors, the sick were left to die. Because of the catastrophic deaths, bodies were buried in mass graves coined the “killing fields” by Cambodian journalist Dith Pran. 

The Cambodian healthcare system under the Khmer Rouge (a communist group led by leader Pol Pot) was extremely totalitarian and the doctors that practiced medicine during this period only treated the upper classes and were banned from treating lower classes. It is estimated by some historians only about a few dozen or so doctors survived of the 500 who initially practiced medicine before this failed regime took control of the nation.[27]

Chinese Communist Party (CCP) (1921 – present)

Although the CCP hasn’t fallen yet, it’s worth noting a few salient points regarding this regime. The government regulates every aspect of healthcare in Communist China, a country of more than 1.35 billion. The medical and health services system in China is a legal system run by the government. It regulates and manages the practice of medical and health services via political, economic, legal, and other measures. 

Unfortunately, horrifying reports of tyrannical control by the CCP are beginning to surface. According to a May 12 article by Health Impact News, major cities in China including Shanghai and Beijing reveal the CCP’s COVID-19 policies are requiring the masses to partake in PCR testing every 48 hours; mass lockdowns of residents who have little to no access to food have been imposed on the people. Those who can shop must do so under highly controlled circumstances. The situation has reached a crises level with suicides becoming common. Mass groups of citizens deemed to be “sick” have been sent to CCP quarantine “camps.”[29] 

Although it’s beyond the scope of this paper to reveal the many diabolical policies of the CCP it its entirety, for a comprehensive understanding, the reader is encouraged to read Dr. and Mrs. Breggins’ exceptional book, “Covid-19 and the Global Predators: We are the Prey.”

Commiefornia is progressing towards this too. Their single payer health care bill failed. Basically the government wants to discipline doctors who question vaccines and wants to ban supplements and early treatment options for COVID.

Commiefornia’s Gavin Newsom Regime (2010-Present) – Where are the “Berkeley Free Speech Movement” Members and its Supporters?

In 1964 Berkely student Mario Stavio and several thousand students protested in support of our First Amendment and free speech rights. It is known as the “Berkely Free Speech Movement”, and it was a momentous event with Berkely now known as the birthplace of the free speech movement. It was common for thousand throughout the ‘60s to protest for free speech and other civil rights. But in response to bills like AB 2098 and other COVID-19 induced mandates, where are the mass numbers of outspoken free speech and other civil rights activists today? 

On April 13, 2022, a ‘Defeat the Mandates’ rally was held in Los Angeles to oppose injection mandates. The rally was against mandates. While a peaceful crowd of activists and concerned citizens attended, many were from out of state. The crowd of over 1,000 paled in comparison to the over 70,000 that attended the California Super Bowl on February 13, 2022. 

The mainstream press claims to misunderstand the movement and naturally mocks it.[33] Also, it’s possible fear-based propaganda prevented untold numbers of California’s closet anti-mandate, pro-free speech, and constitutional rights supporters to avoid the rally. However, activists of the ‘60s weren’t intimidated to exercise their First Amendment right to peaceably assemble. Once again, it appears likely our mainstream media propaganda machine has sway over large swaths of the American psyche.  

Understandably, patriots are fleeing California to live in less tyrannical states. But what will happen if all the California patriots leave? Hopefully, those patriots who stay in California will loudly vocalize their disapproval of AB 2098 and fight vigorously to maintain the constitutional rights of the doctors in this beautiful state.

---------------------------------------

BTW, I left out the Nazi examples, but most young people today have no fear of communism. They hate the Holocaust, not realizing both are equally heinous. Just ask the college student who had the Pol Pot poster.

• scream 1

2 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

FULLY CONTROLLED GOVERNMENT-PROVIDED HEALTHCARE WITH NO OTHER OPTIONS sounds so nice. Exactly what Bernie wanted. But history repeats itself.

The healthcare system was completely transformed from the preceding health care system during the communist Khmer Rouge regime.[26] Doctors who didn’t join or conform to its totalitarian policies were swiftly expunged. The vast majority were killed, deported, or prohibited from practicing medicine altogether. Estimates vary but some historians believe Cambodians died from starvation, execution, and work during a mass genocide of approximately 1.5 to 2 million Cambodians. As there were no doctors, the sick were left to die. Because of the catastrophic deaths, bodies were buried in mass graves coined the “killing fields” by Cambodian journalist Dith Pran. 

The Cambodian healthcare system under the Khmer Rouge (a communist group led by leader Pol Pot) was extremely totalitarian and the doctors that practiced medicine during this period only treated the upper classes and were banned from treating lower classes. It is estimated by some historians only about a few dozen or so doctors survived of the 500 who initially practiced medicine before this failed regime took control of the nation.[27]

Although the CCP hasn’t fallen yet, it’s worth noting a few salient points regarding this regime. The government regulates every aspect of healthcare in Communist China, a country of more than 1.35 billion. The medical and health services system in China is a legal system run by the government. It regulates and manages the practice of medical and health services via political, economic, legal, and other measures. 

Unfortunately, horrifying reports of tyrannical control by the CCP are beginning to surface. According to a May 12 article by Health Impact News, major cities in China including Shanghai and Beijing reveal the CCP’s COVID-19 policies are requiring the masses to partake in PCR testing every 48 hours; mass lockdowns of residents who have little to no access to food have been imposed on the people. Those who can shop must do so under highly controlled circumstances. The situation has reached a crises level with suicides becoming common. Mass groups of citizens deemed to be “sick” have been sent to CCP quarantine “camps.”[29] 

Although it’s beyond the scope of this paper to reveal the many diabolical policies of the CCP it its entirety, for a comprehensive understanding, the reader is encouraged to read Dr. and Mrs. Breggins’ exceptional book, “Covid-19 and the Global Predators: We are the Prey.”

Commiefornia is progressing towards this too. Their single payer health care bill failed. Basically the government wants to discipline doctors who question vaccines and wants to ban supplements and early treatment options for COVID.

Commiefornia’s Gavin Newsom Regime (2010-Present) – Where are the “Berkeley Free Speech Movement” Members and its Supporters?

In 1964 Berkely student Mario Stavio and several thousand students protested in support of our First Amendment and free speech rights. It is known as the “Berkely Free Speech Movement”, and it was a momentous event with Berkely now known as the birthplace of the free speech movement. It was common for thousand throughout the ‘60s to protest for free speech and other civil rights. But in response to bills like AB 2098 and other COVID-19 induced mandates, where are the mass numbers of outspoken free speech and other civil rights activists today? 

On April 13, 2022, a ‘Defeat the Mandates’ rally was held in Los Angeles to oppose injection mandates. The rally was against mandates. While a peaceful crowd of activists and concerned citizens attended, many were from out of state. The crowd of over 1,000 paled in comparison to the over 70,000 that attended the California Super Bowl on February 13, 2022. 

The mainstream press claims to misunderstand the movement and naturally mocks it.[33] Also, it’s possible fear-based propaganda prevented untold numbers of California’s closet anti-mandate, pro-free speech, and constitutional rights supporters to avoid the rally. However, activists of the ‘60s weren’t intimidated to exercise their First Amendment right to peaceably assemble. Once again, it appears likely our mainstream media propaganda machine has sway over large swaths of the American psyche.  

Understandably, patriots are fleeing California to live in less tyrannical states. But what will happen if all the California patriots leave? Hopefully, those patriots who stay in California will loudly vocalize their disapproval of AB 2098 and fight vigorously to maintain the constitutional rights of the doctors in this beautiful state.

BTW, I left out the Nazi examples, but most young people today have no fear of communism. They hate the Holocaust, not realizing both are equally heinous. Just ask the college student who had the Pol Pot poster.

Or there is where I live (and, basically, the entire rest of the First World), where universal health care HAS NOT resulted in tyranny.

And the risk in the USA today is from a Republican party that ranges somewhere on the spectrum between outright fascist to just plain fascism-friendly. Witness the coup attempt on January 6th and a general failure to condemn it. (Also witness what happened to the few Republicans who did loudly condemn it.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

2 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

This is by far the most RIDICULOUS post you have made on here, and that's saying alot because you've already set the bar really friggin high.....There are DOZENS of countries that have universal healthcare...like.....Canada, pretty much every country in Europe...Japan....Australia, New Zealand.

Are you drunk?  Did you hit your head?

And here I thought I had seen it all from you MAGA types

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Marine Layer, just stick with saying that you are fine with a single payer system as long as people can keep/supplement with private insurance.  That is the compromise every sane person really wants anyway.  Best of both worlds and nobody loses out.  You lose me when you start writing crazy stuff.

4 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

You're obviously missing something. We will allow welfare as long as you seek to better yourself and get a job while you're getting that welfare. We are willing to provide education to help you get that job.

Welfare only for those who really need it. We just don't like couch potatoes who make more off their living wage and free handouts than they would actually working.

You are missing the decades of the GOP rejecting funding for universal preschool, preventative contraception, teaching of birth control, sex education, childcare help for low income parents, and proper education funding.  Again, the GOP is 100% guilty of what Reverend Carlin has said.  Your argument has no basis in reality.  Let's not play around here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

Or there is where I live (and, basically, the entire rest of the First World), where universal health care HAS NOT resulted in tyranny.

And the risk in the USA today is from a Republican party that ranges somewhere on the spectrum between outright fascist to just plain fascism-friendly. Witness the coup attempt on January 6th and a general failure to condemn it. (Also witness what happened to the few Republicans who did loudly condemn it.)

Is that all you have is January 6?  Just a handful of people that were for the most part not doing anything wrong.  What about the other 99% plus of Republicans that weren't there?  As a side note...if the election actually had been stolen from Trump the Founding Fathers would have expected nothing less than what the people did there.  I think a lot of these people honestly believe(d) the election was stolen.

BTW...did you condemn the leftists who laid siege on the Federal Courthouse in Portland during the riots?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

8 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Are you talking to me or Omaha?

Omaha.  I was wondering if you would get confused by that.  Sorry.

• Thanks 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

8 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

You did hear about the angry democrat that ran over and killed an 18 year old republican did you not?  You make it sound like your side is just a bunch of saints.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

9 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Is that all you have is January 6?  Just a handful of people that were for the most part not doing anything wrong.  What about the other 99% plus of Republicans that weren't there?  As a side note...if the election actually had been stolen from Trump the Founding Fathers would have expected nothing less than what the people did there.  I think a lot of these people honestly believe(d) the election was stolen.

BTW...did you condemn the leftists who laid siege on the Federal Courthouse in Portland during the riots?

Yes, it was just a coup attempt that came uncomfortably close to succeeding. Nothing to see here, move on. Authoritarianism never matters when my own side does it, after all.

• Like 3
It's called clown range for a reason.

9 hours ago, roadtonowhere08 said:

Mr. Marine Layer, just stick with saying that you are fine with a single payer system as long as people can keep/supplement with private insurance.  That is the compromise every sane person really wants anyway.  Best of both worlds and nobody loses out.  You lose me when you start writing crazy stuff.

OK, so why did Bernie want to shut down all private health insurance if most people want this compromise?

58 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

OK, so why did Bernie want to shut down all private health insurance if most people want this compromise?

I think the problem is the Democrats on here don't realize just how insane their leadership has become.  The people on here think a split between government run and private health care is a good compromise while the leadership wants it to be all government run.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

We finally have a judge that doesn't hate babies.  An Arizona judge reinstated an 1864 law banning abortion.  For the record I hate one judge having that kind of power, but activist left wing judges have been smacking down laws that have recently been passes restricting abortions in a number of states.  Tit for tat.

Also...for the person who said pro life people really don't care about the babies.  How dare you?  You don't even know us or how we think.  Just throwing shiit out there saying you know how we think or we know how you think is going to get us nowhere.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

19 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

Naw, I’m too old for the right’s big scary words “indoctrination at school”. My school teacher wife of 16 years tells you to get a clue. Also my sister who’s a teacher in SoDak tells you the same. And my sister in law…

I know a lot of people who say you should get a clue too.  Now where does that get us?

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2022-23 stats

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Total Hail = 0.0

Coldest Low = 42

Lows 32 or below = 0

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

33 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I know a lot of people who say you should get a clue too.  Now where does that get us?

This may depend upon the area of the country.   We don’t get a lot of that conversation here. 
Dallas seems to be vocal however. 

Some questions for the leftists.

1. Why do most states, including California, have laws that if you kill a pregnant woman, you are also responsible for the death of her unborn child? Doesn't that make the unborn child's worth dependent on whether or not the mother wants to have the baby?

2. Why do most people who support unlimited abortion rights think it is a crime to go into the wild and find an unhatched nest egg and destroy it?

3. If humans are by nature greedy and selfish (see capitalism) then what prevents an all-powerful government that regulates every industry (see socialism) from being greedy and selfish? If large corporations and employers are able to exploit people, what prevents an all-powerful government from being able to exploit and abuse people?

4. Why do you support "defund the police" while at the same time supporting a police state that forces people to take "vaccines" which have known side effects? Even Black Lives Matter protested the vaccine mandates. Many doctors are against them as well. These doctors were heroes at the start of the pandemic, but became ruthless villains for refusing the vaccines.

5. How does teaching all white people to "own up to your privilege" and telling others that they are oppressed and having little chance of succeeding help resolve racism or end police brutality?

I'll admit that nobody is perfect. Both sides are guilty of hypocrisy, but there are many Black people like Larry Elder and Candace Owens who love this country, despite its many flaws.

It also makes absolutely no sense to me that a nation that called themselves Christians supported awful things like slavery, but half the country abolished slavery as early as 1808, and probably not all people who owned slaves treated them like second class citizens.

16 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

You might feel different if you were one of those people who face life-threatening delays for treatment, even for patients requiring urgent cancer treatment or critical brain surgery. I've heard about people from Canada traveling to America so that they could get some urgent procedure done quickly. Sounds a lot like having to travel out-of-state to get an abortion, except that in 99% of cases, that's not a live-saving procedure.

There are limited resources and limited doctors. Not everyone can get any treatment they want in a timely matter. Also a government monopoly, delays the development of new treatments that could be made in a free-market economy. Here's the article from CNN, which is definitely not a MAGA Republican site.

Why single payer health care is a terrible option

Speaking of California though, they want to punish doctors who seek to treat COVID with Ivermectin or other supplements. Those worked for me. I got it in January and it was just like a cold. I haven't been sick since. Government should not make decisions for doctors.

Vaccines don't stop the spread, so I'm not endangering your life by refusing to get one. If they really work, why worry about people who are not vaccinated? It should be your personal choice to get one or not.

Some countries like Israel have very strict vaccine mandates and yet there's mores cases of COVID there. Some studies seem to show masks work. Others show that they don't work. It's hard to trust anything that you read today.

• Like 1