Politics Thread v5.0

Andie

• scream 1

My personal weather station: Davis Instruments Vantage Pro 2

2022-2023 Season Total: 1.22" (as of (10/1/22)

2021-2022 Season Total: 8.05"

2020-2021 Season Total: 5.40"

2019-2020 Season Total: 15.82"

2018-2019 Season Total: 15.84"

2017-2018 Season Total: 4.63"

2016-2017 Season Total: 15.18"

2015-2016 Season Total: 8.12"

2014-2015 Season Total: 10.09"

2013-2014 Season Total: 7.35"

2012-2013 Season Total: 7.11"

2011-2012 Season Total: 7.02"

2010-2011 Season Total: 17.09"

2009-2010 Season Total: 11.59"

Average Seasonal Precipitation: 10.25" (13 years)

California Water Year/Rainy Season measuring period runs from July 1 to June 30.

I’ve always been amazed at how we focus on things once the horse is out of the barn.   
I’d like to see free birth control and a better informed public.  No plan is perfect but we’re curing the problem from the wrong side of the issue.  Planned Parenthood has always championed abortion. How about living up to their name on the prevention side.  “Planned” is the operative word. 
Free birth control would be less costly than free abortions.  (Health and money) Birth control isn’t stressed or even talked about.  
Lots of choices out there. No system is perfect but stress prevention from the start. 

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

3 hours ago, Andie said:

I’ve always been amazed at how we focus on things once the horse is out of the barn.   
I’d like to see free birth control and a better informed public.  No plan is perfect but we’re curing the problem from the wrong side of the issue.  Planned Parenthood has always championed abortion. How about living up to their name on the prevention side.  “Planned” is the operative word. 
Free birth control would be less costly than free abortions.  (Health and money) Birth control isn’t stressed or even talked about.  
Lots of choices out there. No system is perfect but stress prevention from the start. 

Granted its been a while....like more than 30 years, since I have indirectly been in need of their services, but I thought there focus WAS on prevention.  Going back to the high school girlfriend I mentioned the other day, when we decided we were going to become "active" she went to planned parenthood.  Even though we were in Atlanta, she still had to travel a good 45 minutes to the "nearest" location.  She got a prescription for the pill at no charge. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Andie said:

Did you know that Planned Parenthood was founded from Racism? Look it up if you don't believe me!

• Like 1

Never day Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

I’d read that.  
I just think some source needs to help with birth control rather than abort all these babies.  
I mean Biden said he was Pro Abortion up to a day before delivery.  Geez.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

7 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

Did you know that Planned Parenthood was founded from Racism? Look it up if you don't believe me!

The founder said some questionable things around eugenics, but I dont see the racism.

In 1966, Martin Luther King Jr. made clear that he agreed that Sanger’s life’s work was anything but inhumane. In 1966, when King received Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger Award in Human Rights, he praised her contributions to the black community. “There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts,” he said. “…Margaret Sanger had to commit what was then called a crime in order to enrich humanity, and today we honor her courage and vision.”

either way, Andie is right - birth control should be free.

• Weenie 1

• Longtimer

Lol 

3A32D362-CB6C-48A5-87D9-89A24D0F5E4E.png

• lol 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

Now we’re being threatened by EMPs.  
Strangely with a weak administration I can believe it   

https://www.wnd.com/2022/05/iran-preparing-electric-grid-blackout-war-u-s/

I've begun to notice that the Environmental Groups that are against our energy are Pro-Putin/Russia, they want Russia to WIN the war and the whole world! 

We are the only ones who are in Russia's way, but they know how to weaken us!

• scream 1
  • Weenie 1

Seattle tore down a massive homeless encampment in Woodland Park today... after cleaning up another huge one near Green Lake.  The new mayor is giving people their parks back.  He has also made graffiti clean up a top priority.   Amazing... spending so much time and effort just so people from North Bend aren't offended.  Because apparently people in Seattle don't care.    But really they do.    I am going to direct the homeless people to use einsteinjr's yard as a portable toilet.   He doesn't care if he lives in filth.   That is so superficial.   

• Like 1
  • Excited 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Seattle tore down a massive homeless encampment in Woodland Park today... after cleaning up another huge one near Green Lake.  The new mayor is giving people their parks back.  He has also made graffiti clean up a top priority.   Amazing... spending so much time and effort just so people from North Bend aren't offended.  Because apparently people in Seattle don't care.    But really they do.    I am going to direct the homeless people to use einsteinjr's yard as a portable toilet.   He doesn't care if he lives in filth.   That is so superficial.   

Washington State may turn red if this kind of progress keeps going in Seattle, that would stick out like a sore thumb!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/broken-windows-theory

• Like 2

A forum for the end of the world.

6 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Yep... graffiti and garbage everywhere is demoralizing for everyone and begets more crime.     

It emboldens criminals, the graffiti makes them feel invincible (Don't know why, but it does. Maybe the feeling during the 1990s? When America thought we were invincible?). And the amount of garbage can allow them to commit crimes and hide the evidence inside the garbage.

• Like 1
  • lol 1

I wished that Trump BANNED TikTok due to the Chinese connection and it could be weaponized in their propaganda. Also would help their children's parents because the kids would be unable to do dangerous and vandalism challenges. 

But I'm also thinking at the same time that even the Chinese Government (The company itself may have admitted that they did not see this coming) was caught off guard on the extremely high popularity surge, especially among toxic Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers. (Which I don't think they expected this among the certain age groups, as the app was originally intended to be another shorts-style video like YouTube Shorts)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

How about you stop misrepresenting my position?  You've been doing that a lot lately and it's getting annoying.

29 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

How about you stop misrepresenting my position?  You've been doing that a lot lately and it's getting annoying.

You are still einsteinjr to us.

You really sound tone deaf to us, and you've been likely brainwashed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

You said its no big deal to have your property get tagged with graffiti.   And homeless encampments are only a problem for the sensitive folks who don't like to see people living in tents on the streets and in parks.     If we just toughen up then a city full of graffiti and homeless people living in 3rd world conditions in publics spaces literally everywhere is all good.   I imagine you are fine if your yard and home were taken over by homeless people and drug deals and defecation.   Its not a big deal unless you don't like to see those things.    And you obviously do.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

On 5/10/2022 at 5:44 PM, TT-SEA said:

I'd like to see this happen to LA, but I'm afraid they're too far gone and there's no way in hell the state will do anything helpful.

>1" snowfalls at KFAR in 2021-22: 11/11-12 (1.0"), 11/13 (1.8"), 12/2 (1.0"), 12/4-5 (4.8"), 12/21 (3.1"), 12/25 (3.2"), 12/26-27 (8.6"), 12/28 (2.9"), 1/4-5 (3.2"), 1/14 (2.7"), 1/22 (2.8"),

Total 2021-22 snowfall at KFAR: 51.7"                                                  Coldest Minimum: -28*F (1/1, 1/7)

Illegal migrants first to get ‘pallets’ of hard-to-find baby formula

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/illegal-migrants-first-to-get-pallets-of-hard-to-find-baby-formula

Okay, now American babies are having to go to the back of the line. 

I learned today it will be at least 2 months until the formula will be available due to Abbott restarting its plant.  Someone tell me how parents are going to manage?  Not all moms can breast feed and babies have varying needs due to allergies or cranky stomachs.

Sorry kids, get to the back of the line.

• Sick 1

41 minutes ago, Andie said:

Illegal migrants first to get ‘pallets’ of hard-to-find baby formula

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/illegal-migrants-first-to-get-pallets-of-hard-to-find-baby-formula

Okay, now American babies are having to go to the back of the line. 

I learned today it will be at least 2 months until the formula will be available due to Abbott restarting its plant.  Someone tell me how parents are going to manage?  Not all moms can breast feed and babies have varying needs due to allergies or cranky stomachs.

Sorry kids, get to the back of the line.

What about priority to abortion rights for "undocumented" immigrant "birthing people"?

• Angry 1

• Longtimer
On 5/12/2022 at 8:09 AM, Phil said:

This is a real L.

C591DDD3-1217-4BF8-9C0F-258721CF9986.jpeg

UGH

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 82.13" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

I don’t mean to get Biblical here but….seems the evil axis of leadership are dealing with fatal issues. 👍

PRESIDENT Xi Jinping is suffering from a deadly brain aneurysm, reports claim - as he faces a coup over China's devastating Covid lockdowns.

The Chinese President, 68, reportedly wanted to be treated with traditional medicine rather than undergo major surgery after he was rushed to hospital.

Lots of "pro-life" fakers on here.

On 5/11/2022 at 10:58 AM, TT-SEA said:

You said its no big deal to have your property get tagged with graffiti.   And homeless encampments are only a problem for the sensitive folks who don't like to see people living in tents on the streets and in parks.     If we just toughen up then a city full of graffiti and homeless people living in 3rd world conditions in publics spaces literally everywhere is all good.   I imagine you are fine if your yard and home were taken over by homeless people and drug deals and defecation.   Its not a big deal unless you don't like to see those things.    And you obviously do.    

I said my life went on after my fence being tagged...once.

Was it annoying? Sure.  But I don't think it warrants ranting about it on a weather forum. 

There are way more important things to be angry about than graffiti - like why there are so many homeless people in this extremely wealthy country.  We are failing as a society.

If we just toughen up then a city full of graffiti and homeless people living in 3rd world conditions in publics spaces literally everywhere is all good -- are you kidding me?  All good?  I think it's terrible people in such a rich city have to do that. 

The problem I have with you is that:

1.) You are pretending that the solution is simple. (More cops or just kick them out). Where do they go?  The non-existent shelters on the east side?

2.) You are placing the blame on literally everything wrong about this city on a few city council members.  That is flat out wrong.  I hate Sawant as much as the next person, but she's not responsible for the entire city shutting down for 2 years.  This would have a significant negative impact on literally ANY city.

1 hour ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Was it annoying? Sure.  But I don't think it warrants ranting about it on a weather forum. 

There are way more important things to be angry about than graffiti - like why there are so many homeless people in this extremely wealthy country.  We are failing as a society.

If we just toughen up then a city full of graffiti and homeless people living in 3rd world conditions in publics spaces literally everywhere is all good -- are you kidding me?  All good?  I think it's terrible people in such a rich city have to do that. 

1.) You are pretending that the solution is simple. (More cops or just kick them out). Where do they go?  The non-existent shelters on the east side?

2.) You are placing the blame on literally everything wrong about this city on a few city council members.  That is flat out wrong.  I hate Sawant as much as the next person, but she's not responsible for the entire city shutting down for 2 years.  This would have a significant negative impact on literally ANY city.

Go across the bridge to Bellevue.    COVID happened there too.    They also went through the crazy and super smart DEFUND THE POLICE movement.     And yet it did not devolve into a Mad Max movie.  

5 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence. I know many people claim abortion is healthcare, but about 1% of abortions are actually done to save a woman's life.

Homelessness, like all problems has no easy answer, but most people who are living on the streets have problems with severe mental health issues and drug addiction. Even if they are provided temporary housing, some of them still do not sleep on beds. It's these problems that need to be solved. That's one of the reasons I'm reluctant to give money to anyone who asks for it. Who knows if they'll just use it to buy more drugs. San Diego has actually been able to reduce homelessness by taking care of these problems. There's a documentary video here, but I doubt you'll watch it since it's PragerU.

George Floyd was not homeless, but he did have a drug addiction problem. He was high on fentanyl. Some say that increased the likelihood of his death, but I don't want to make that assumption, since what the police officers did was truly horrific. However, had he not been addicted to drugs, maybe the original crime he committed would have never happened in the first place.

Also shuttting down the city and pandemic issues did increase the problem, but it was mainly Democrats who supported the strictest lockdown policies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Also shuttting down the city and pandemic issues did increase the problem, but it was mainly Democrats who supported the strictest lockdown policies.

This is so true.   The only rules Seattle seems to have enforced for the last 2 year have been related to COVID... and most were pointless and just added insult to injury.    In hindsight... I would bet a majority of people in Seattle wish they had not chased their police force away and they had been enforcing all of the regular laws instead of being so militant about COVID.   Democrats and their forced moral outrage BS.    

• Longtimer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

This is so true.   The only rules Seattle seems to have enforced for the last 2 year have been related to COVID... and most were pointless and just added insult to injury.    In hindsight... I would bet a majority of people in Seattle wish they had not chased their police force away and they had been enforcing all of the regular laws instead of being so militant about COVID.   Democrats and their forced moral outrage BS.    

The security company I work for can't dispatch on burg alarms in the Seattle area due to strict regulations due to short staffing at the PDs and other agencies, so if a business or residential property has multiple alarm trips, unless it is verified or has a permit #, no dispatch, on very rare occasion they will go depending on the property and if it is considered a high alert situation.  Which means, loss of property or worse in many cases.  It is sad for us, cuz we can't really help our customers.  Thank goodness the FD will still go for fire emergencies and medical, but it is ridiculous.

Edited by GHweatherChris
  • Sad 3

On 5/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, Andie said:

I don’t mean to get Biblical here but….seems the evil axis of leadership are dealing with fatal issues. 👍

PRESIDENT Xi Jinping is suffering from a deadly brain aneurysm, reports claim - as he faces a coup over China's devastating Covid lockdowns.

The Chinese President, 68, reportedly wanted to be treated with traditional medicine rather than undergo major surgery after he was rushed to hospital.

Kinda crazy there are simultaneous reports that Putin is very ill and also facing a coup: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coup-remove-cancer-stricken-putin-144639299.html

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

No comments about a white supremacist killed 10 people that left a manifesto espousing the same replacement theory bullsh*t that the #1 rated conservative talk show host has ranted about?

Odd since usually this place is pretty good about reporting breaking news.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 3

• Longtimer
14 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Yawn…

Terrorism is terrorism.

I’m sure you would have swallowed the mic about the Dallas sniper back in 2016 who was certainly emboldened by false narratives and normalized calls for “more dead cops.

• Like 4

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

2 hours ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

No comments about a white supremacist killed 10 people that left a manifesto espousing the same replacement theory bullsh*t that the #1 rated conservative talk show host has ranted about?

Odd since usually this place is pretty good about reporting breaking news.

I did not listen to the news today, but you must be talking about the grocery store shooting in Buffalo. Unfortunately, crazy people will always exist as long as theft, adultery and disease continue to exist. There is no way we can fully get rid of racism and discrimination because humanity is flawed. About a month ago, when a Black person shot some people in a subway, I don't think the media made such a big deal about it.

As for the great replacement theory, people really need to be careful about what they say. There are theories that some Democrats want as many immigrants as possible because these people are more likely to vote Democrat. There also seems to be some evidence that they don't really want immigrants from Cuba or Venezuela because they would not support some of the Democrats socialist policies. Still, though, we should not be making assumptions about people.

However, there is historical evidence that the things the Democrats support such as critical race theory are rooted in Marxism. I don't want to go into too much detail about that here, but just want to say that many Black people are strongly against critical race theory. This ideology is contrary to Martin Luther King Jr's dream that people are to be treated by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. Basically liberalism (not leftism) believes that skin color is no more significant than hair color or eye color.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GHweatherChris said:

The security company I work for can't dispatch on burg alarms in the Seattle area due to strict regulations due to short staffing at the PDs and other agencies, so if a business or residential property has multiple alarm trips, unless it is verified or has a permit #, no dispatch, on very rare occasion they will go depending on the property and if it is considered a high alert situation.  Which means, loss of property or worse in many cases.  It is sad for us, cuz we can't really help our customers.  Thank goodness the FD will still go for fire emergencies and medical, but it is ridiculous.

Just crazy.

And I assume that issue does not exist for your company in Bellevue.  

Its pretty hard for someone to claim its the same everywhere when the city just across a bridge manages to maintain basic services for its residents and is not covered in graffiti and homeless encampments.    It comes down to the will of the voters.  Seattle had to learn the hard way and now has to climb out of a huge hole they dug for themselves with their ultra-liberal BS.    Like I said before... Seattle is a poster child for failed liberalism.  

I’ll post this here rather than start a new topic.  

To fix your Twitter feed:

1. Tap home button.
2. Tap stars on upper right of screen.
3. Select “Latest tweets”.

You are being manipulated by the algorithm in ways you don’t realize.

Easy to switch back & forth to see the difference.

Cool. 

13 hours ago, Deweydog said:

Yawn…

Terrorism is terrorism.

I’m sure you would have swallowed the mic about the Dallas sniper back in 2016 who was certainly emboldened by false narratives and normalized calls for “more dead cops.

Yawn? Seriously?  Shameful. That's a freaking leut governor spouting the same hate as actual klansmen.

How exactly is that the same as some fringe people with a social media account talking about killing more cops?

You take false equivalency to a whole new level.

• Longtimer
27 minutes ago, SnarkyGoblin said:

Yawn? Seriously?  Shameful. That's a freaking leut governor spouting the same hate as actual klansmen.

How exactly is that the same as some fringe people with a social media account talking about killing more cops?

You take false equivalency to a whole new level.

The yawn is more about your selective outrage. A rationally-minded individual would be able to see both with exceptional clarity. You have shown consistently that you cannot. The acceptance of completely dishonest narratives and beyond-tacit approval of extremist messaging in protests following Ferguson go well beyond your convenient attempts at marginalization. 

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.