April 2022 (April 2008/2011 redux)

TacomaWaWx

6 minutes ago, Skagit Weather said:

Your post had me looking at the the weather averages for Bozeman and it looks like if those temperatures at the end of the run verified they would be close to record lows. And then I found myself distracted by the fact that you had a 32F high on May 21st last year??? I had completely forgotten that and it's amazing how anomalous that was!

Not applicable to MT or you, but it also had me looking back at the older posts and it appears the June discussion thread from last year is gone? Did it get removed from the history books because of the heat trauma it caused for everyone?

Last year's below freezing high on May 21st blew the record away. Pretty insane. Typically we see our last below freezing high in late March but there does seem to be some sort of larger scale shift to colder Springs here more recently. Below freezing highs by April is just wrong IMO. I'm quite ready to move onto some warmer weather but looking at the forecast we're a long ways off at this point!

Yeah it looks like Fred locked and hid the June thread (I can still see it) from last year for whatever reason and I won't be the one to reopen that can of worms!

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

5 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

August and September 2021 discussions are gone too too bad Fred is gone because it seemed like he was really good at maintaining archives 

Everything is still there, just hidden.

• Popcorn 1

Cold Season 2023/24:

Total snowfall: 26"

Highest daily snowfall: 5"

Deepest snow depth: 12"

Coldest daily high: -20ºF

Coldest daily low: -42ºF

Number of subzero days: 5

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

10 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

August and September 2021 discussions are gone too too bad Fred is gone because it seemed like he was really good at maintaining archives 

I believe there might have been a Fred sighting in a different thread and under a different name so I think he is still around. 

• scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

35 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I believe there might have been a Fred sighting in a different thread and under a different name so I think he is still around. 

I've been awol for a while. What happened with iFred and why are some of the members now listed as "Staff"? I figured it was an April fool joke or something.

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I've been awol for a while. What happened with iFred and why are some of the members now listed as "Staff"? I figured it was an April fool joke or something.

Some things were said in the political thread and one thing lead to another…And here we are! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Just now, T-Town said:

That was fun. Looks like more incoming. 

Radar looks good to the west and we’ve still got a couple hours of peak daytime heat going on. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

1 minute ago, Timmy said:

A friend just sent a video of snow falling(not even in a heavy shower). Just west of scappoose at 1100’

Temp dropped down to 40 degrees here with our last shower…think snowflakes could mix in with a really heavy shower down below 1000’. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just now, Jginmartini said:

39* here now

It seems possible some snow could mix in if we got a heavy enough shower. Still got a couple hours before things start winding down. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

2 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Windy with plenty of sun, no precip since early morning. Looks like just plain old latitude at play.

We've had some downpours, hail, and some wind this afternoon here in Eugene. Nothing terribly exciting though. 

On another note, the NWS Portland website changed their subdomain without forwarding to their new subdomain. That's newbie IT stuff. Some of their links within their website are now "forbidden". Embarrassing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

We've had some downpours, hail, and some wind this afternoon here in Eugene. Nothing terribly exciting though. 

On another note, the NWS Portland website changed their subdomain without forwarding to their new subdomain. That's newbie IT stuff. Some of their links within their website are now "forbidden". Embarrassing.

Come on NWS fix your DNS. 

5 minutes ago, SnowWillarrive said:

Had a hail snow mix here. Love it. 

It looked as if it was real close to having snow mix here by my weenie eyes. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

49/40 spread so far today. 0.73” as well with a couple decent hail showers and sunshine today. Hopefully we can manage another good storm with the stuff out west. 

• Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

.53” so far on the day, .92” for the month, 18.89” for the year. 51/35 on the day, currently 43 and cloudy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, weatherfan2012 said:

It's funny that cosgrove would see La nina breaking down when data does not support that at least right now.He eather going to be a genus or he going to have alot of crow to eat in the coming months.

Is he the Oregon version of Rich Marriott? 

• Weenie 1

SEA is up to .75 for this system so far... close to 1/3rd of the normal rainfall for all of April.     Not bad.

Around double that here with 1.55 inches.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

9 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Is he the Oregon version of Rich Marriott? 

Larry is living in Texas now he use to be the head forecaster in Cleveland a long time ago when he had dark hair he also did a station with New york for a time.He and Dave Tolleris WxRisk.com use to get into  some very heated exchanges he has sense block Dave on all forums of media.He writes a column called weather America every weekend.