April 10th - 15th Extremely dynamic storm system

1 hour ago, Clinton said:

@Andie a tornado watch coming your way also.

MD 458 graphic

We hit 86 today so plenty of heating.

They're forecasting possible hail and high winds with possible tornadoes till 7-7:30.

It's really gusty out there and overcast.  Currently some showers off to the NE but it's just getting warmed up.

We're in the Northern section of the tornado forecast so it is likely to go south of us. It's really gusty out there and overcast.  Currently some showers off to the NE but it's just getting warmed up.

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

22 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Shot up to almost 70 degrees with a DP of 59. Feels warm and a bit muggy out there with some sunbreaks.

Looks like a cell or two have developed NW of Yankton and are heading this direction. Almost showtime!

You’re pretty close to the warm front up there. I always prefer to be on the east side vs the west side of the warm sector, in case of delayed initiation/etc.

We have significantly over our high temp. Supposed to be 62, it is now 70. Do went from 40 to 55 in about an hour. Might serve our severe chances. I'm not overly excited about the tornado threat where I am, but hail and wind could be significant.

• Like 2

The radar loop well south of Dallas is interesting.  There was a strong tornado signature moving eastward toward I-35, then it suddenly turned left and shot due north.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

9 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Well most of those cells passed by to my NW and it looks like the other cell forming near Canton will pass by to my SE. Guess I'm stuck in the middle with some of the other folks!

The cell around Milltown, SD and heading towards Emery, SD looks pretty legit. Tennis ball sized hail per NWS Sioux Falls.

That cell to your West is interesting. I think that one could reach you if it holds together. It’s right on the frontal boundary there so there’s strong forcing sustaining it, at least (I’m assuming you’re south of Sioux Falls).

Down here in Aplington. Out on the deck with a cold one. Just got the charcoals lit. It's up to 70 now and almost feels muggy. Getting cloudy now too. Love watching this whole thing unfold even though the main severe threat is west of me. Incredible system. 90 in Omaha, a raging blizzard in North Dakota and tornadoes in between. Impressive 

• Like 2

Tornado Warnings flying in north central IA. I'm getting the cloud cover blowing out from those storms. Pretty amazing as they are well to my west. I can see the southern and eastern edge of those clouds off to MY south and east. That's how far the cloud deck has expanded off those storms.

• Like 2

The Mets tried their best to talk this up as severe but in Ft Worth it was just a good rain. About 1/2”.  Could have used more.  
Dallas I’d getting some heavy rain as well.  Humidity dropped to 58% and 63*.  
Not bad.  Could use some more.  

• Like 2

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

12 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Hard to tell from the picture but some very cool, very high topped clouds moving in with that cell from the west. 

20220412_192943.jpg

All the ones I've seen up to this point are smaller than that! 

Hope you get a good rumbler.

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

25 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

5.5 inch hail has been confirmed in Salado, TX

Between DFW and Austin.  They got ‘clocked’ for sure.  So glad we missed that as we got a new roof last year. 
Dang!  That’s big! 

40 minutes ago, james1976 said:

Man those cells in IA & NE look intense 

There's something quite explosive about that line. Very few do this that fast. ;)

KOAX_loop.gif

• Like 4

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

3/26, 

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

@Andie How much rain did you get?

Bit of a disappointment. About a 1/2”.  
Yourself??

4 minutes ago, Andie said:

Between DFW and Austin.  They got ‘clocked’ for sure.  So glad we missed that as we got a new roof last year. 
Dang!  That’s big! 

But . . . . . it's not the biggest . . . 

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Just now, Andie said:

Bit of a disappointment. About a 1/2”.  
Yourself??

Nada! Not even a single storm even developed in Oklahoma, I hope that the line that is developing further south in Kansas will reach me overnight & give me some rainfall.

• Sad 1

Never say Never with Weather, because anything is possible!

All observations are in Tecumseh, OK unless otherwise noted

Any chance that becomes an all night long into early AM event going into Ohio valley? Anxious for my first derecho in my new area. 

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

3/26, 

Just now, Timmy Supercell said:

Any chance that becomes an all night long into early AM event going into Ohio valley? Anxious for my first derecho in my new area. 

Slim chance of that. I'd be more excited about your prospects for you tomorrow, as this line fizzles out. 

• Storm 1

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Slim chance of that. I'd be more excited about your prospects for you tomorrow, as this line fizzles out. 

I like the days that come in multiple rounds. ;)

• lol 1

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"

3/26, 

44 minutes ago, Timmy Supercell said:

There's something quite explosive about that line. Very few do this that fast. ;)

KOAX_loop.gif

Can’t wait until it’s us getting nailed by one of those.

Won’t be long. Climo for severe is exponentiating now.

• Like 1
  • Storm 1

23 minutes ago, Timmy Supercell said:

Progressive derechos are more of a midsummer thing around these parts. Serial derechos can happen in spring/fall but aren’t as common.

Spring severe is more of the classical warm sectoring with high shear favoring quasi-linear segments and supercells. We’re getting into that phase of the season right about now.

• Storm 1

Well that was fun… had a nice thunderstorm roll through this evening with some small hail, lots of cloud to ground lighting, and most importantly around .40” of rain. 

Sirens sounded here twice for rotation in the metro area along the line, one area on the north side of the metro and the other on the southeast side.

• Like 7

Touched 80°F here today. Downsloping def added a few degrees.

Thursday could be an active thunderstorm day if the front waits until 3-4pm, maximizing daytime heating. Otherwise, convective initiation probably happens to the east of here.

• Like 2

Posted by NWS Brownsville TX on facebook. 🍹⛈️

278478335_352806990219483_3130523485855863946_n.jpg

• Like 8
  • scream 2

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"