West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

11 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Still look quite mediocre. 

Yeah he started out okay but faded out as the game went on. Plus he took too many sacks as usual. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

He had a 100 passer rating for the game. That's pretty good. Plus several drops by receivers. This one wasn't on him.

The roster has been decimated.  As a pocket passer now, he just doesn't have enough weapons and time to do damage like he normally would.  I didn't watch the game, but I would assume he got most of his numbers from quick outs and the occasional 15 yard throw down the seam.  How that coaching staff doesn't roll him out is beyond me.

22 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

He had a 100 passer rating for the game. That's pretty good. Plus several drops by receivers. This one wasn't on him.

Russ just doesn’t have that late game magic anymore. He looks tired. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Russ just doesn’t have that late game magic anymore. He looks tired. 

True. But he didn't even have a chance to win it at the end in this one. Bronco's defense gave up the lead in the final minute, and then gave up the losing TD in OT before Russ could even touch the ball again.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

49 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

True. But he didn't even have a chance to win it at the end in this one. Bronco's defense gave up the lead in the final minute, and then gave up the losing TD in OT before Russ could even touch the ball again.

He had a chance to ice the game and blew it.   

• Like 1
  • Shivering 1
  • Facepalm 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

8 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

100 passer rating means nothing if you can’t score TDs in the red zone. Evident by the fact that they’ve scored nothing but FGs. It’s still up to the QB to get the ball into the end zone. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

100 passer rating means nothing if you can’t score TDs in the red zone. Evident by the fact that they’ve scored nothing but FGs. It’s still up to the QB to get the ball into the end zone. 

Sure. But it still was a much better game overall for Russ, unlike many of the other losses.

8 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Sure. But it still was a much better game overall for Russ, unlike many of the other losses.

Right now I believe the Hawks would have a top 5 draft pick…Keep up the good work Russ!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MossMan said:

Right now I believe the Hawks would have a top 5 draft pick…Keep up the good work Russ!!!

They just released Gordon, so their offense is taking a hit further... so Hawks may have a pretty good chance w/ an extremely high pick. 

Not to mention the rest of their schedule looks brutal.. Chiefs x2, Ravens, Chargers, Rams, Cardinals. Hell, they may even lose against the 3-8 Panthers considering they got swept by the Raiders. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:37 AM, Front Ranger said:

Well, barring a lot of injuries he'll at least have better protection from o-line and a completely different offense in Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts off slow as he adjusts, but even as a diehard Seahawk fan I think he'll do well and isn't close to done.

This did not age well. 

I'm happy that the Seahawks are benefitting from the Broncos losing. 

But that's not all on Russ, even though he certainly has struggled to adjust. The Broncos are literally the league's more injured team, and most of those injuries have come on the offensive side: https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-are-the-nfls-most-injured-team-with-billy-turner-to-ir/73-a1d081c6-95f5-40bd-b093-9a94a2c2cedd

25 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I'm happy that the Seahawks are benefitting from the Broncos losing. 

But that's not all on Russ, even though he certainly has struggled to adjust. The Broncos are literally the league's more injured team, and most of those injuries have come on the offensive side: https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-are-the-nfls-most-injured-team-with-billy-turner-to-ir/73-a1d081c6-95f5-40bd-b093-9a94a2c2cedd

I don’t think anyone that knows this sport said it’s all on Russ. You have a HC that’s seems to be in way over his head and making terrible decisions. It’s even worse that he had to hire someone to help him coach early in the season and then now handing the playcalling over to a different coach. 

Get rid of him and perhaps you can salvage what's left on Russ's career. But just know that he's on a sharp downward trajectory and it started when he was actually here, many Hawks fans saw it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

I don’t think anyone that knows this sport said it’s all on Russ. You have a HC that’s seems to be in way over his head and making terrible decisions. It’s even worse that he had to hire someone to help him coach early in the season and then now handing the playcalling over to a different coach. 

Get rid of him and perhaps you can salvage what's left on Russ's career. But just know that he's on a sharp downward trajectory and it started when he was actually here, many Hawks fans saw it.

I'm not a Broncos fan. Seahawks forever.

But I watch most Broncos games now that Russ is here. 

And as someone who has watched his career as closely as anyone, I don't think anyone expected him to struggle this much this year. Injuries have absolutely not helped, and neither has a rookie head coach trying to figure things out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I'm not a Broncos fan. Seahawks forever.

But I watch most Broncos games now that Russ is here. 

And as someone who has watched his career as closely as anyone, I don't think anyone expected him to struggle this much this year. Injuries have absolutely not helped, and neither has a rookie head coach trying to figure things out.

I think his struggles should be a testament to Pete’s greatness. I think he masked Russ’s shortcomings quite well during his time here 

• Like 3