West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

17 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

How does Russ end up with a passer rating above 100 in a game in which the offense scored 0 touchdowns?  

Broncos should extend his contract right now!   😀

Wolford looked much better than Russ did today even with the 2 interceptions.   They had a 23-20 lead in the last minute.    And yet Wolford has an abysmal 43.4 rating.  

This is a legitimately bad take. Wolford's completion percentage was much lower, and Russ had zero turnovers. Neither had any TDs.

A forum for the end of the world.

1 hour ago, Front Ranger said:

This is a legitimately bad take. Wolford's completion percentage was much lower, and Russ had zero turnovers. Neither had any TDs.

One of Wolford's turnovers was on 4th and forever with a couple seconds left.

The Rams offense was better than Denver's offense yesterday... no question.    They had 2 touchdowns.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

One of Wolford's turnovers was on 4th and forever with a couple seconds left.

The Rams offense was better than Denver's offense yesterday... no question.    They had 2 touchdowns.

And the Raven's defense is easily better than the Seahawks. Wolford also had the help of 171 yards rushing...the Broncos only managed 88. So yes, the Ram's offense was better, but not because of Wolford.

Either way, Russ had less turnovers and higher completion percentage. He did not play worse than Wolford, just silly to say that.

• lol 1

2 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

And the Raven's defense is easily better than the Seahawks. Wolford also had the help of 171 yards rushing...the Broncos only managed 88. So yes, the Ram's offense was better, but not because of Wolford.

Either way, Russ had less turnovers and higher completion percentage. He did not play worse than Wolford, just silly to say that.

Difference was Wolford got his team into the red zone a few times and the RB took over. Russ couldn't sniff the red zone and settled for FGs... stuff you don't see on the stat lines. 

50, 41, 52 FGs are NOT getting his team into the red zone. 

Kudos to him for "higher completion percentage" and "zero turnover" -- meaningless stats. 

49 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Difference was Wolford got his team into the red zone a few times and the RB took over. Russ couldn't sniff the red zone and settled for FGs... stuff you don't see on the stat lines. 

50, 41, 52 FGs are NOT getting his team into the red zone. 

Kudos to him for "higher completion percentage" and "zero turnover" -- meaningless stats. 

I don't think it's meaningless that the Broncos had half as many rushing yards as the Rams. Guess that's Wilson's fault, too?

Objectively, Wilson had better QB stats, which he can control more than how the rest of his offense is performing.

He also lost Sutton during the game, the only fully healthy starting WR he still had left. 😆

My guess is that Russ returns to some sort of form where he’s at least adequate. But…. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos do if he doesn’t. The next few years include insane dead cap space if they release him. So if he has lost his mojo for good, the Broncos are screwed. 

7 minutes ago, T-Town said:

My guess is that Russ returns to some sort of form where he’s at least adequate. But…. It will be interesting to see what the Broncos do if he doesn’t. The next few years include insane dead cap space if they release him. So if he has lost his mojo for good, the Broncos are screwed. 

Won't be as dire as you think.  The salary cap continues to rise so eventually his money becomes meaningless, well, almost meaningless.

Jared is making me miss Russ!   I would love to have a QB leading an offense that puts up about 10 points per game... mostly with FGs.   😀

• Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Front Ranger said:

I don't think it's meaningless that the Broncos had half as many rushing yards as the Rams. Guess that's Wilson's fault, too?

Objectively, Wilson had better QB stats, which he can control more than how the rest of his offense is performing.

He also lost Sutton during the game, the only fully healthy starting WR he still had left. 😆

Wilson is a starting QB and was once considered an elite QB. Wolford is a backup. And the fact that we are even have this discussion is kinda sad for Russ. He’s got like what? 3 TDs since Halloween? 

I don’t know man, seems like making excuses for Russ has become quite a habit for you ;) 

23 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Wilson is a starting QB and was once considered an elite QB. Wolford is a backup. And the fact that we are even have this discussion is kinda sad for Russ. He’s got like what? 3 TDs since Halloween? 

I don’t know man, seems like making excuses for Russ has become quite a habit for you ;) 

Tim just made a bogus claim that the facts didn't support. 🙂

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other when it comes to Russ. It's ok to say he's sucking without making exaggerated statements.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T-Town said:

They are stuck with him for at least two more years. And it’s a couple more years beyond that before he doesn’t eat up a big chunk of cap space.

https://overthecap.com/player/russell-wilson/1569

Sports talk radio this morning was advocating for bringing in a new coach next year, see if Russ turns it around, and if he doesn't, cutting him despite the massive cap hit for 2024. Seems like it would be tough to even field a team, though.

No matter what, though, if Russ and the Bronco's offense doesn't significantly improve next year, Broncos fans will be itching to blow it up ASAP.

17 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Tim just made a bogus claim that the facts didn't support. 🙂

It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other when it comes to Russ. It's ok to say he's sucking without making exaggerated statements.

I watched the Broncos game yesterday and then I watched the Seahawks play the Rams.    I watched Russ and Wolford back to back.   Russ never got the offense to the red zone.   Not once.   It looked horrible.  Wolford almost beat the Seahawks and they were moving the ball decently well.   Wolford led his team much better than Russ.    Just my sense without looking at QB stats.

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I watched the Broncos game yesterday and then I watched the Seahawks play the Rams.    I watched Russ and Wolford back to back.   Russ never got the offense to the red zone.   Not once.   It looked horrible.  Wolford almost beat the Seahawks and they were moving the ball decently well.   Wolford led his team much better than Russ.    Just my sense without looking at QB stats.

Again, look at the running stats. The QB can't control that, and it definitely played a large role in how well the offense was moving.

I think Russ could at least partially turn it around with a good coaching staff…Bur hopefully that doesn’t happen until next year. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

21 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Again, look at the running stats. The QB can't control that, and it definitely played a large role in how well the offense was moving.

When the offense does not get into the red zone all day and scores no touchdowns... its on the QB.     Have to find a way to make it happen.  

• Excited 1

22 hours ago, Front Ranger said:

Sports talk radio this morning was advocating for bringing in a new coach next year, see if Russ turns it around, and if he doesn't, cutting him despite the massive cap hit for 2024. Seems like it would be tough to even field a team, though.

No matter what, though, if Russ and the Bronco's offense doesn't significantly improve next year, Broncos fans will be itching to blow it up ASAP.

I've read some Broncos writers think they need a head coach that will let RW know that he their QB not their coach, and that he needs to get rid of his office and that his entourage should not be allowed on the premises.  Let RW focus on being the QB and the QB only.  Not the coach, not the coordinator, and that his other business stuff has to be done away from team stuff.

• Like 2

Giants signed Haniger for 3 years 43.5 million. M’s should really trade for or sign another outfielder so we aren’t relying on Kelenic to start in LF every day.

• Like 1

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

1 minute ago, bainbridgekid said:

Giants signed Haniger for 3 years 43.5 million. M’s should really trade for or sign another outfielder so we aren’t relying on Kelenic to start in LF every day.

I think you throw Kelenic in from day 1 and boost his confidence.  He has all the tools and I see him breaking through this year for sure.  Sit him down before spring training and tell him he is getting 500 at bats, hell or high water.

• Excited 1

20 hours ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

I've read some Broncos writers think they need a head coach that will let RW know that he their QB not their coach, and that he needs to get rid of his office and that his entourage should not be allowed on the premises.  Let RW focus on being the QB and the QB only.  Not the coach, not the coordinator, and that his other business stuff has to be done away from team stuff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/russell-wilson-s-personal-qb-coach-could-be-muddying-broncos-waters/ar-AA14YCbD?fbclid=IwAR1yBLgsA7U_b9NpumH6nQygf7IsqSs1okHPB0XjTxne2YZ-xigcAW04AYQ

16 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Russ seems a bit self-absorbed….

He got what he wanted in Denver... and it's why he wanted out. 

Doesn't really translate to good football does it? 

And actually starting now to believe 10 years later, the draft day grades and concerns were a valid thing. He just happened to fell into the right system.

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

He got what he wanted in Denver... and it's why he wanted out. 

Doesn't really translate to good football does it? 

And actually starting now to believe 10 years later, the draft day grades and concerns were a valid thing. He just happened to fell into the right system.

I kind of think he’s more athlete than quarterback, and as his athleticism fades his shortcomings (pun sort of intended) are showing through. 

33 minutes ago, T-Town said:

I kind of think he’s more athlete than quarterback, and as his athleticism fades his shortcomings (pun sort of intended) are showing through. 

I think his athleticism is still there. Watched the game on Sunday and he showed that he can still run and evade. He’s a touch slower but he can still move. 

For some odd reason he stopped and refused to do that now. He wants to become a pocket passer but that is not his game… he is at his best when he rolls out and turn what seemingly broken plays into magical ones. 

33 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I think his athleticism is still there. Watched the game on Sunday and he showed that he can still run and evade. He’s a touch slower but he can still move. 

For some odd reason he stopped and refused to do that now. He wants to become a pocket passer but that is not his game… he is at his best when he rolls out and turn what seemingly broken plays into magical ones. 

Yeah that’s his game. Guess we’ll see if he can get it going again. 

7 hours ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

You know I found that move a bit odd at the time when Jake Heaps announced on his Seattle radio show last summer that he was moving to Denver to work with Wilson…I think between that, Wilson’s closest friend/mentor/father figure that passed away,  his baseball agent that knows nothing about football, and the terrible coaching staff at Denver (along with Wilson’s ego) has REALLY exposed Wilson’s weaknesses. Pretty crazy. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth!