West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

Oof Geno Smith is gone full Jets today.

• Sick 1

Springfield, Oregon regular season 2023-24 Stats:

• Coldest high: 25F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Coldest low: 20F (Jan 14, 2024)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 24 (Most recent: Mar 8, 2024)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Jan 16, 2024)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Total ice: 2.25”
  • Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021 (1.9")
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 15, 2024 (27F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall on roads: Dec 27, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 16, 2024 (32F)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 42.0"
  • Sub-freezing highs since joining TheWeatherForums: 4

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @CBBjerseys4hope

1 minute ago, CliffMassYelledAtMe said:

NFC: Go Vikings!

AFC: Go Bills!

I hate the Vikings and the stupid Viking horn they blow every single stinkin play at home. And Cousins is a hack QB. Go 9ers. They will have a SB hangover for next season and Purdy boy will get married in the offseason and become a deva so we should be in good shape next season. 

• Like 2

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I hate the Vikings and the stupid Viking horn they blow every single stinkin play at home. And Cousins is a hack QB. Go 9ers. They will have a SB hangover for next season and Purdy boy will get married in the offseason and become a deva so we should be in good shape next season. 

I just don't want to hear "Defending Super Bowl Champions" every time someone talks about the 9ers. Maybe they could win the NFC and then have the Bills beat them. I guess that would be okay. Philly could maybe be okay I guess. Hate Dallas even though I think Dak is a good guy. No on the Giants and definitely no on Brady.

• Like 1

Funny how Cowherd is from Bellingham but hates the Seahawks…And just said Geno is NOT a good QB? He was better than the majority of QB’s in the NFL this season. 
https://youtu.be/lBucQtTORRY 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

They are replaying the Hawks game on the NFL Network right now! Just pretend the end of the first half was the end of the 4th quarter…We win! 

We played 3 games in January. Not too bad. Of course, 2 of them were regualr season games, but still, it feels like a nice stat.

(Kind of like inversions feel like we're getting something and we sort of are, but it's not really what it seems.) Still would tak3 an inversion over 55 degree rain though, just like I'd take a playoff loss over sitting at home on wildcard weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Both teams out in the first round of the playoffs. D**n...

I have had 3 teams in my life.  Vikings, Chargers, and Seahawks.   All 3 eliminated in a span of 24 hours.

• scream 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, Deweydog said:

I think at the very least you might wanna take a shot at… I don’t know… the yard to gain?

Horrible play call when the season is literally on the line.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Hawks had a good season considering they were expected to only win a few games. 
 Would really like to see the bengals or bills go all the way this year. Bengals in a close game right now but i expect them to win tonight…so bills vs bengals I’m thinking next week and that’ll be a good one. 

42 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

One is from California and one is from Minnesota. 

Not sure... will have to do some research.   

Those are the other places I have lived.

I hate both teams with a passion…However we want Brady 🤮 to win so we get the 19th pick in the draft instead of 20! 
Brady is letting us down. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I hate both teams with a passion…However we want Brady 🤮 to win so we get the 19th pick in the draft instead of 20! 
Brady is letting us down. 

Hoping for a meteor strike on the 50 yard line. It’s the only option under the circumstances. 

• Excited 1

5 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Gotta think it’s the first playoff game EVER where the first five touchdowns have been sans extra points.

Probably ever... let alone playoffs.

I sure hope the 9ers destroy the Boys next weekend. Would extra love if the 49ers D goes up to the box after the game and tackles Jerry Jones as well…Cannot stand that old crusty dude! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terreboner2 said:

I wish they both could lose.  Hate them both.

I want the 9ers to win it all…Big heads and a hangover for next season would help us!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terreboner2 said:

Brady ends up with the Raiders next year I think.  Tampa Bay then moves up in the draft to get a day 1 QB.  Just my random thoughts.

He'll probably play one more year, but without an outstanding offensive line to protect, he's a shell of his GOAT self.

He's already played longer than any QB in history...time to hang it up and move on, Tom.

• Like 1

A forum for the end of the world.

3 hours ago, Terreboner2 said:

Very few QBs can play at a high level without a decent offensive line.  The casual fan doesn't understand that O-line and D-line are where you should start a team.

Yeah, no doubt it hurts any QB to an extent. Peyton Manning was one of the few who could didn't need a good line to really excel.

But Brady needs a good line more than ever. He hasn't always had good o-lines, but he's never looked as bad as he did most of this season.

• Sick 1

A forum for the end of the world.