West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

1 hour ago, T-Town said:

I’m pretty sure this isn’t true but I will happily be wrong. 

Geno was flat out spectacular today.   And really good last week.   Don't let our horrific defense impact your view of Geno. 😁

I feel like Russ is who he was last year with Seahawks... slowly losing his ability to make plays by scrambling and more afraid of getting hurt and he has never been a great pocket passing QB.    His best years are behind him now.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

16 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Geno was flat out spectacular today.   And really good last week.   Don't let our horrific defense impact your view of Geno. 😁

I feel like Russ is who he was last year with Seahawks... slowly losing his ability to make plays by scrambling and more afraid of getting hurt and he has never been a great pocket passing QB.    His best years are behind him now.

The sample size is a bit small for me to jump on the Geno bandwagon. He’s spent ten years being mediocre. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, T-Town said:

The sample size is a bit small for me to jump on the Geno bandwagon. He’s spent ten years being mediocre. 

The Russ sucks bandwagon is easier.  

But I love what I see in Geno.    This season might still be a throw away because of our crappy defense but definitely not because of Geno.

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Imagine scoring 48 and barely winning. Or scoring 45 and losing 😅 Absolutely a great high octane game.

Someone said this game was the low budget version of the 2018 Rams/Chiefs game and I couldn't stop chuckling. 

• Like 2

𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴,

𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

𝘗𝘶𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘱.

Reddit: HotlineMaestro

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

The Russ sucks bandwagon is easier.  

But I love what I see in Geno.    This season might still be a throw away because of our crappy defense but definitely not because of Geno.

I think the trade was a good thing for the Seahawks. 

• Like 1

Just went I settle in to watch Russ suck... he throws a 50 yard pass and runs in TD himself on the next play.   

Russ usually sucks for 3.5 quarters and then turns on the jets.   Sometimes it works and sometimes its too late.

• Sick 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Just went I settle in to watch Russ suck... he throws a 50 yard pass and runs in TD himself on the next play.   

Russ usually sucks for 3.5 quarters and then turns on the jets.   Sometimes it works and sometimes its too late.

Russ was really missing Lockett and Metcalf in the 4th quarter. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, Front Ranger said:

Russ is in a new offense, Geno is not.

My money is on Russ finishing with more yards, more TDs, and less interceptions.

Russ looks like the same Russ we had last year.    I really think he is past his prime.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Russ looks like the same Russ we had last year.    I really think he is past his prime.  

You mean the injury-shortened season where he still threw 26 TDs to 6 picks?

His last full season in 2020 he threw 40 TDs and over 4,200 yards. Way too soon to write him off.

• Sick 2

A forum for the end of the world.

3 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

You mean the injury-shortened season where he still threw 26 TDs to 6 picks?

His last full season in 2020 he threw 40 TDs and over 4,200 yards. Way too soon to write him off.

He is losing his ability to scramble around endlessly.   That was his trademark.    He is not a traditional pocket passer.   He has slowed down and become more afraid of being injured.   I am glad the Seahawks traded him and also glad they didn't go with Baker Mayfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

He is losing his ability to scramble around endlessly.   That was his trademark.    He is not a traditional pocket passer.   He has slowed down and become more afraid of being injured.   I am glad the Seahawks traded him and also glad they didn't go with Baker Mayfield.

Aging sucks

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

All that may be true to an extent, but Geno is not better. He has played well so far, sure.

A forum for the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

All that may be true to an extent, but Geno is not better. He has played well so far, sure.

No idea going forward... but I don't miss Russ at all.   I really grew tired of him and he doesn't look much different in Denver.

• Like 3