West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

10 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Honestly this is how I expected Geno to play all season. He consistently outperformed my expectations for a majority of the season so far but he was bound to have another 'Geno game'. Unfortunately that game came against the GOAT and our defense isn't up to the challenge. 

We got our bye week to be able to put this behind us and start fresh.

Defense has been very disappointing too.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Wow. This game reminds me of some of the old school Seahawk comebacks with Russ.

Defense can't stop them... going to fall short.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, Terreboner said:

The mistakes made today were flukes, weird game in Germany.  We will fall short but played hard, just took too long to get going.

Still the team to beat in the NFC West and I'm happy with that.

Getting run over all day by the TB offense was not just a random fluke.   They could not get off the field all day.

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Getting run over all day by the TB offense was not just a random fluke.   They could not get off the field all day.

One game.  Defense still kept us in the game with a chance, just couldn't get that last stop.  

I know your M.O. so I surely won't convince you, but we will be back kicking a** in no time.

Been having major Elon Musk internet issues ever since the windstorm. Finally troubleshooted to the cord from the dish to the modem, was able to limp by until last evening with getting on the roof and wiggling the wire until the replacement cord arrived. It completely failed last night so I couldn’t post this morning. 

Its over…If we could just have had one more possession at the end of the game…(there is my contribution to the thread) 

Anyway replacement wire works like a champ that just arrived an hour ago, now I have to fish the wire through the wall again (I just ran the cord through the window to test it) 

Edited by MossMan

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

16 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

LETS GO VIKINGS!!! 

Wow... What a game!!

Feels pretty odd that you are this much of a Vikings fan after being in South Dakota for a few months.    🤨

I just watched the 4th quarter and OT of that game at the pool bar with a bunch of people from upstate NY and then a family with kids showed up in full Vikings gear before OT started.   Their flight had just landed and they were rushing to find a place to watch the end of the game... they hadn't even checked in yet.   Some intense emotions in that group.    Fun time!  

11 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

You don't understand how quickly my son gets invested in a team and he is all-in on the Vikings (while also remaining steadfastly loyal to the Hawks). When it looked like they would lose after Kirk couldn't get the 1/4 of a yard he straight broke down sobbing and freaked out. When a big play happened, it's hooting and hollering at the top of his lungs. It's pretty easy to get emotionally involved in a team when you always watch with someone like that. Plus we always liked the Vikings even prior to moving here so it was even easier to adopt them.

Even if you weren't a Vikings fan though, that was a fantastic game full of crazy swings at the end. Easily game of the year so far, IMO.

It was an incredible game for sure.

And I see Russ had another horrible game.  👍

• Excited 1

As rough as Geno looked today…It was still 1000% better than how Russ looked. Holy crap!! 

Edited by MossMan

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

15 minutes ago, MossMan said:

As rough as Geno looked today…It was still 1000% better than how Russ looked. Holy crap!! 

He looked fine to me outside of the fumble.  Numbers were right where they have been all year and he didn't throw an INT.

23/33 275 yds, 2 TD, O INT, QB rating of 115.1, throw in 4 rushes for 22 yards.  If that is looking rough then I'd love to see what he can do being average.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terreboner said:

He looked fine to me outside of the fumble.  Numbers were right where they have been all year and he didn't throw an INT.

23/33 275 yds, 2 TD, O INT, QB rating of 115.1, throw in 4 rushes for 22 yards.  If that is looking rough then I'd love to see what he can do being average.

He had a few questionable decisions…The big one (besides the fumble) was that he clearly had the space to run and pick up a first down (think it was 3rd and 2 or 3) but he decided to throw at the last second with was incomplete. That to me was a biggie and could have swung the momentum to us sooner. 

All in all though, he looked okay and we will hopefully have a big bounce back game against the Raiders. Perhaps it will be snowing by then! 

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

It was an incredible game for sure.

And I see Russ had another horrible game.  👍

That coaching staff needs to go…Now! (If I were a Bronco fan anyway, personally I am loving it and hope they don’t change a thing)  They also need to pull Russ for the rest of the season before he gets killed with that horrendous O-Line! (And he thought it was bad in Seattle LOL) Then somehow figure out how to get a better line in there or get people healthy again. Sure is entertaining to watch though! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

That coaching staff needs to go…Now! (If I were a Bronco fan anyway, personally I am loving it and hope they don’t change a thing)  They also need to pull Russ for the rest of the season before he gets killed with that horrendous O-Line! (And he thought it was bad in Seattle LOL) Then somehow figure out how to get a better line in there or get people healthy again. Sure is entertaining to watch though! 

I think he just holds the ball too long. Doesn’t make quick decisions or just refuses to get rid of it. He will always get sacked a lot because of how he plays. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I didn't have access to the Broncos game today since we aren't at home... but sounds like you were watching.   Was Russ doing his typical crouch down and give up as soon as pressure comes?    That drove me nuts the last few years... he just concedes sacks so easily now.

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I didn't have access to the Broncos game today since we aren't at home... but sounds like you were watching.   Was Russ doing his typical crouch down and give up as soon as pressure comes?    That drove me nuts the last few years... he just concedes sacks so easily now.

Yeah there was a lot of that. He did try and spin out and run a few times but he is so slow and clunky looking now that he was easily caught. I think he was sacked 6 or 7 times. He looked BAD! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MossMan said:

The Broncos O-line is mostly second and third stringers now...been ravaged by injuries.

• Excited 1

A forum for the end of the world.