West Coast Sports Talk and Other Banter

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Russ is out... at least temporarily.   Rypien throws TD and now 34-28.

I didn’t catch that, I assumed Russ got another TD

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Pathetic. Sure hope we use that Denver draft pick on the best defensive player out there. Use all of the draft pics on the defense since you know they won’t draft a QB. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

You watch, it will come down to the end of the game and we won’t have a chance due to not having timeouts. Horrible terrible pathetic. Seahawks=GFS! 

Just now, Hour364Please said:

Can't stop the run today.  Same formula the Raiders used to beat us.

And Bucs.   

Its demoralizing and apparently not fixable this year.   They have had many chances to fix it and simply can't do it.    That easily sinks a season.     

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, TT-SEA said:

And Bucs.   

Its demoralizing and apparently not fixable this year.   They have had many chances to fix it and simply can't do it.    That easily sinks a season.     

They have exceeded my expectations this year.  So for that I am happy.  A playoff spot would be nice so the young guys can get an extra game of experience.

Next year they will continue to improve.

9 minutes ago, Hour364Please said:

They have exceeded my expectations this year.  So for that I am happy.  A playoff spot would be nice so the young guys can get an extra game of experience.

Next year they will continue to improve.

I just thought the offense would be the issue.    But they go into each week trying to figure out how to stop the run and fix the problem and then get completely run over again.   The players can't do it.  They are obviously not capable.   Need to re-haul the defense.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

Wow. 222 rushing yards against us. Hard to win a game with that.

And all of the turnovers, that really hurt as well. Terrible. At least Denver lost. 

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Broncos officially eliminated from playoffs.

Poor Russ. Though I have a feeling he his going to turn it on and have a strong last few games screwing our top two or so draft pick. 

• Sad 1

Too bad Penix (sp?) is not entering the NFL next year, he has massive potential and would have probably been a good fit with the Hawks. Geno is not the long term answer. 

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

Too bad Penix (sp?) is not entering the NFL next year, he has massive potential and would have probably been a good fit with the Hawks. Geno is not the long term answer. 

If they could run the ball and stop the run, Geno would be plenty adequate. 

• Like 1

So sad to hear about Mike Leach. The speculation is a bit unfair but some are saying he might not live through the night.

• Sad 1
  • scream 1

Garfield County/Pomeroy, WA:

2023-2024 Snowfall totals: 14.3 inches

HIghest snow total (per event): 5.8 inches total 1/11/24 - 1/12/24.

Most recent accumulation (non trace): 0.20 inches on 2/26/24

Days with  trace or more snowfall: 12/01/23 (0.60), 1/8/24 (1.0), 1/10/24 (3.5), 1/11/23 (3.5 inches with Thundersnow; separate event from prior day), 1/12/24 (2.30). 1/14/24 (T), 1/17/24 (1.20 inches), 1/18/24 (1.5 inches), 1/19/24 (0.20), 2/09/24 (0.30), 2/26/24 (0.20-mainly graupel), 4/5/24 (T)

First Freeze: 10/27/2023

Last Sub freezing Day: 1/20/24 (12th) (8 days in a row from 1/12/24-1/20/24)

Coldest low: -12F (!!!!!!!!) (1/12/24)

Last White Christmas: 2022 at my location (on ground)

The Seahawks are likely going to be 7-8 in 10 days and basically eliminated.    Our defense can't stop the 49ers and Chiefs.   

We really needed to win the Panthers game to give us a shot by winning the last 2 games of the season and ending up 10-7.